PDA

View Full Version : Inside Slant

The Spaz
05-25-2004, 06:41 AM
The Bills flirted with signing a veteran free agent tight end to complement starter Mark Campbell, interviewing Mark Bruener, Roland Williams and Brian Kozlowski earlier this offseason.
In the end, the coaching staff backed off because it wished to see what gold they could pan in the draft and the college free agent market.

In the draft, the Bills nabbed Oregon State's athletic Tim Euhus, a 6-5, 250-pound former basketball player with superb hands who became the first draft pick to sign this week.

But the coup of the post-draft period was landing Jason Peters, a 6-4, 340-pounder who starred at the University of Arkansas and was one of the more entertaining players in college football last fall.

Peters is an athletic anomaly - he ran the 40-yard dash at the Combine in 4.8 seconds, then lowered it to 4.78 at his pro day workout. He caught 25 passes for 255 yards and four TDs his final two seasons in college, but his real impact was as a blocker. He recorded 127 "pancake" hits.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bills/home.htm

The Spaz
05-25-2004, 09:59 AM
I like hearing this:

During rookie camp, lined Peters up as an H-back just off the right hip of 360-pound right tackle Mike Williams, with power running back Travis Henry behind him.

Can you say 1st down, I can?!:snicker:

The Spaz
05-25-2004, 10:32 AM
I can't wait for the season to start.

ShadowHawk7
05-25-2004, 10:34 AM
So can I!!! First Down! :insane:

bills_7
05-25-2004, 10:36 AM
he is huge!

HAMMER
05-25-2004, 11:02 AM
Oh My God, he is gonna bust some people in the mouth, preferably those little ferries Thomas and Taylor. He's got that look on his face like he knows something good is coming. This is awesome, I always say give me the fastest, biggest mofo. How the hell is anyone going to stop McGahee or Henry when they are behind Williams and Peters? I have a great feeling about this team, I'm telling you they are going to be intimidating!

The Spaz
05-25-2004, 03:16 PM
Another shot of the "Big Man".

thefixer74
05-26-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I like hearing this:

Can you say 1st down, I can?!:snicker:

Can you say TOUCHDOWN