PDA

View Full Version : HBO inside the NFL

Voltron
10-25-2002, 09:54 AM
Ok so I love to watch this show and catch up on all that has been going on in the league. I am a huge Peter King fan as well so it is good to see him every week as well. BUT!!!!

Is it me or do they never seem to give the Bills any "props" what so ever! Is it because Dan Marino is there? :finfan: I just don't know but it is starting to piss me off.

What do people think of Costas?

I like him but I think he is a cocky SOB

Chris Carter was breaking his balls about not being an athlete and Costas threw his Emmys vs. Carters Probowl appearances in his face and then said, "The record is 14 to 8 for those keeping track at home"

I think Costas is like Madden you either love him or you hate him. Their is no in between.

justasportsfan
10-25-2002, 10:02 AM
In case you haven't heard, national media doesn't pay any attention to the bills. Even if we won the SB we would get as much attention as the Bengals losing.

If it wasn't for the Swami the CFL would have more coverage than the bills would. The fact that The Bills- Pats game isn't on primetime says it all.

4thAndLong
10-25-2002, 10:03 AM
The fact the Bills/Pats game isn't on primetime is because the schedules were made before the Bledsoe trade was done.

ArcticWildMan
10-25-2002, 10:05 AM
Chris Carter is an arrogant jerk. I wish they'd just ****can him from the show all together. I give it a month in Miami and he'll be causing problems down there and will be dividing the team.

I like Costas. He's not some pampered ex-jock that only has "face value" like Marino.

justasportsfan
10-25-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
Chris Carter is an arrogant jerk. I wish they'd just ****can him from the show all together. I give it a month in Miami and he'll be causing problems down there and will be dividing the team.

I like Costas. He's not some pampered ex-jock that only has "face value" like Marino.

the heat and humidity in Alaska must be getting to you. Turn on the AC. :D

ArcticWildMan
10-25-2002, 10:15 AM
LOL!!! I take it you like Chris Carter? :D

Voltron
10-25-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
If it wasn't for the Swami the CFL would have more coverage than the bills would. The fact that The Bills- Pats game isn't on primetime says it all.

Yeah Chris Berman Always has soemthing good to say about the bills.

I use the saying "No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills" on other teams Boards :D

4thAndLong
10-25-2002, 10:22 AM
Costas sucks, Carter sucks, Deion sucks.

How come the Dolphins cant just sign all of them to shut them up?

Scumbag College
10-25-2002, 10:23 AM
Where's Jerry Glanville? He was great on Inside the NFL. My all-star in studio broadcasting team would be Ditka, Glanville, Jimmy the Greek, and Cris Collinsworth.

This group is better than Deion, Marino, and Boomer. Please, CBS, make this happen.

LtBillsFan66
10-25-2002, 10:25 AM
I hate Bob Costas with a passion!

I don't get HBO. I'm glad.

Jeff1220
10-25-2002, 10:41 AM
Paul MacGuire !

LtBillsFan66
10-25-2002, 10:44 AM
I like the fellas on NFL Matchup. Salisbury, Jakowski, and the other dudes.

justasportsfan
10-25-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
LOL!!! I take it you like Chris Carter? :D

Na I like Moss better. He's no cancer just a primadona. lol.

Jeff1220
10-25-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by BillsFanOne

I agree, mostly about Jaws. He is one ex-player that makes a very valuable TV guy. He does a fantastic job of breaking down plays and showing the whole picture of how a play develops or gets shut down.

LtBillsFan66
10-25-2002, 10:57 AM
Of course I meant Jaworski. "Ski" names always get me.

lordofgun
10-25-2002, 11:03 AM
I like Costas, but I don't have HBO either.

I've actually seen a lot of the Bills on sportscenter, etc. lately.

ublinkwescore
10-25-2002, 09:42 PM
I hated Glanville when he was on the show - when ever he'd pick the Bills, we'd lose. He picked Buffalo against the Titans in the playoff game, and we lost - that was entirely his fault!

My football analysts would be Jaworski, Long, Berman, Bradshaw, and Kimmel - just because they talk the best trash back and forth, and no one would dare to talk trash to Berman.

Halbert
10-25-2002, 09:54 PM
I think the Bills are getting plenty of attention. Berman lead off Prime Time with the wagons. What more do you want?!? If we can manage to win the next two we're gonna be spashed all over.

Andrea1234
10-25-2002, 11:24 PM
lol

TigerJ
10-26-2002, 09:59 PM
Nothing draws attention lke winning.

Buffarama
10-26-2002, 10:03 PM
I think overall, Buffalo fans are too sensitive about what the media thinks about their teams. Who cares? We know what we have here.
If we're concerned about national presence, we should concentrate on impeaching local politicans and making Buffalo a great economic center. Once we do that, we will have all the great sports and media coverage we want.

Typ0
10-26-2002, 11:15 PM
I met Costa's once he's a Midget.

The_Philster
10-27-2002, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Buffarama
I think overall, Buffalo fans are too sensitive about what the media thinks about their teams. Who cares? We know what we have here.
If we're concerned about national presence, we should concentrate on impeaching local politicans and making Buffalo a great economic center. Once we do that, we will have all the great sports and media coverage we want.

That's the basic gist of it. The entire reason Buffalo has a problem getting recognition is the size of the market and the prosperity here. It's why Andre Reed never got the recognition he deserved and it's why few national sportcasters say much about us unless we are winning the conference.

mybills
10-27-2002, 06:39 AM
They're always right there when there's a controversy though, aren't they? Media is media. Who cares what they say?

dolfan25
10-27-2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Voltron
Ok so I love to watch this show and catch up on all that has been going on in the league. I am a huge Peter King fan as well so it is good to see him every week as well. BUT!!!!

Is it me or do they never seem to give the Bills any "props" what so ever! Is it because Dan Marino is there? :finfan: I just don't know but it is starting to piss me off.

Chris Carter was breaking his balls about not being an athlete and Costas threw his Emmys vs. Carters Probowl appearances in his face and then said, "The record is 14 to 8 for those keeping track at home"

I think Costas is like Madden you either love him or you hate him. Their is no in between.

Boo hoo hoo

Like I said before Bills fans never seem to stop *****ing about not getting their "props". Do you eally think Dan determines the direction and topics discussed on the show?

They usually only cover 1 topic and the rest of the time is recaps from the past weeks games.

I'll tell you 1 thing. Dan's a lot better than Jim Kelly at being an announcer. I think Jim has some kind of speech impediment, I think that's why he's not on any show anymore. Jim Kelly speaks like he has rocks in his mouth.

mybills
10-27-2002, 01:52 PM
OK dolfan25,
If it makes you feel better to say (type) that, then I'm happy for you! :rolleyes:

The_Philster
10-27-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by BillsFanOne

You talking about NFL 2Night?
NFL matchup has Jaworski, Hoge, and Suzy Kolber

WCoastFin
10-28-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Voltron

Ill tell you why they dont give the bills any props....Becuz They know to give credit where credit is due....Besides an injured dolphins team you havent beat anybody.

Phins054
10-28-2002, 11:37 AM
My God...I walked into Romper Room...:laughter:

WCoastFin
10-28-2002, 03:26 PM
:lol:

Voltron
10-28-2002, 03:43 PM
Well I just thought it funny that they talked more about the Miami misgivings than the fact that Buffalo Just out played Miami. We had Ray Mucus throwing to the wrong color all day but lets face it. I think that we just out played you and played mistake free football. I didn't here Marino or Carter say that, all I heard was "this team has confidence in Ray Lucas” Well I think that is a crock. We will see if they have confidence in him this week against Green Bay.

Nuff said!

:fishfry: :gobills: