PDA

View Full Version : Name your top Fantasy football "sleeper" for this year.

McBFLO
05-25-2004, 01:20 PM
I think Justin McCareins could have a very big year for the Jets. I haven't really thought about this much, but he's the guy that jumps in my head almost immediately. Your thoughts?:idea:

Earthquake Enyart
05-25-2004, 01:32 PM
Drew :couch:

Dozerdog
05-25-2004, 01:36 PM
Would Corey Dillon be a sleeper?

Earthquake Enyart
05-25-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Would Corey Dillon be a sleeper?

No.

Rex Grossman

The Spaz
05-25-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
No.

Rex Grossman

You think Grossman will be good EE?

BillsRockSOMUCH
05-25-2004, 01:45 PM
I like Kevan Barlow and Matt Hassleback.

Earthquake Enyart
05-25-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
You think Grossman will be good EE?

They're putting in that St. Louis / KC offense.

Grossman is one of those guys who may not have the combine stats or measurement, but he looks like a winner to me. Getting rid of that John Schoop fiasco will help him out.

The Spaz
05-25-2004, 01:55 PM
They're putting in that St. Louis / KC offense.

Grossman is one of those guys who may not have the combine stats or measurement, but he looks like a winner to me. Getting rid of that John Schoop fiasco will help him out.

Interesting. I didn't think the Bears have the weapons to use that type of offense. I guess we'll see.

Earthquake Enyart
05-25-2004, 02:12 PM
You want a super sleeper, go with Terrell. It's the make or break year for him.

McBFLO
05-25-2004, 02:17 PM
I like the Kevan Barlow pick. He's gonna be their horse this year. Hmmm....Rex Grossman? Nice, I see that. I like it.

McBFLO
05-25-2004, 02:34 PM
The only reason I'm not sure about Dillon is that I'm not sure how the Pats will use him. They had that Raider-esque short passing attack last year, but that's because they didn;t have a feature back as another option. Now, that they have one, it'll be interesting to see what they'll do.

BillsFanInMass
05-25-2004, 02:36 PM
Marcus Robinson for the Vikings look for him to put up big numbers on the other side of Randy.

Earthquake Enyart
05-25-2004, 02:36 PM
Dillon is a first rounder. He's no sleeper.

McBFLO
05-25-2004, 02:37 PM
You guys are giving me ideas. Since, I failed to make the playoffs in my league last year (took too many gambles), I need all the help I can get!

Dozerdog
05-25-2004, 02:38 PM
Garrison Hearst in Denver/?

elltrain22
05-25-2004, 02:39 PM
How bout Josh Reed. He has help in Lee Evans, was good in his last 8 games last season, and is in a new offensive system.

elltrain22
05-25-2004, 02:40 PM
Tatum Bell w/ the Bronc's and Lee suggs in cleveland also.

bills_7
05-25-2004, 03:01 PM
Lee Evans?

if he gets a starting role he could put up big numbers

Novacane
05-25-2004, 03:41 PM
Willis!

McBFLO
05-25-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Garrison Hearst in Denver/?

Originally posted by elltrain22
Tatum Bell w/ the Bronc's and Lee suggs in cleveland also.

Damn, I was gonna say Tatum. Nice.

thefixer74
05-25-2004, 04:27 PM
That QB in Zona,I think its Josh McCown.

carybillsfan
05-25-2004, 04:42 PM
I like Carson Palmer, he should have as big of a year as Kitna did last year, with maybe a couple more picks, but I think he has a stronger arm than Kitna -- and they're loaded at WR. Another I really like is thomas jones in CHI, he showed some flashes of brilliance last year might be a good 3rd RB who could become a solid starter or trade bait.

Bill Brasky
05-25-2004, 06:17 PM
Ruben Brown

B-DON
05-25-2004, 06:24 PM
julius jones i know its a reach but he was decent in college and he should see 200+ carries

McBFLO
05-25-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by jfreeman
Ruben Brown

In my league, holding penalties are very valuable. That being said, Ruben is my #1 pick.

Kramer
05-25-2004, 07:06 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Josh Reed. With Evans and Moulds playing the outside Reed should get plenty of mismatches in the slot. I think he is good for 70 catches this year. And no, I have not been smoking the marijuana.

Tatonka
05-25-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by BillsRockSOMUCH
I like Kevan Barlow and Matt Hassleback.

hassleback was my big sleeper last year.. he was a top 5 ff qb last year though.. he is no sleeper..

barlow is another guy that broke 1000 yards last year and everyone saw what he did once he became the starter the last part of the season.. he will be a 2nd round guy.. i wouldnt consider him a sleeper.

Dillon is a first rounder. He's no sleeper.

dillon in the 1st is going overboard i think.. but he is a 2nd at the latest. i personally wouldnt touch him in the 1st... and probably not in the 2nd.. i would take a guy like chad johnson over dillon all day.

Tatonka
05-25-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by carybillsfan
I like Carson Palmer, he should have as big of a year as Kitna did last year, with maybe a couple more picks, but I think he has a stronger arm than Kitna -- and they're loaded at WR. Another I really like is thomas jones in CHI, he showed some flashes of brilliance last year might be a good 3rd RB who could become a solid starter or trade bait.

carson palmer is a great pick. he has tons of talent around him.. a good oline.. johnson, warrick and washington is probably one of the best trios of wrs in the league.. and rudi johnson, with perry behind him. he is primed to chuck some tds.

Originally posted by B-DON
julius jones i know its a reach but he was decent in college and he should see 200+ carries

him and kevin jones will be the most highly sought after rookie rbs, because their situation should dictate that they get the lions share of carries..

tatum bell is a long shot, because there are so many guys there.. hearst will play a good amount.. griffen looked good at times and will play.. mike anderson will always steal some carries, then you have tatum bell who looks alot like portis coming out..

that denver situation is ****ty.. people will take a chance on all of them.. and good luck if one of them starts and gets hurt.. your up **** creek trying to pick up the back up, because you wont know who it is gonna be.. count me in as not taking a denver rb.. unless it is a late pick on someone like bell to sit the bench all year and hope he takes over around week 8 like portis did.

RedEyE
05-25-2004, 08:27 PM
My Sleepers:

*QB Joey Harrington / Detroit Lions = Steve Mariucci is showing what he does best, locating talent that will properly manifest his version of the West Coast Offense. And it's quite obvious that the WCO has now found MoTown. Believe it or not, Joey Harrington has only been sacked 17 times total, in his first 2 seasons as a pro QB. He did however, give away 22 INTs last year. Coach Mooch hopes to alleviate Joey's pain by adding 2 veteran FA OGs to the OL. Guards David Loverene (Rams) and Damien Woody (Pats) should provide adequate passing lanes. Also, Harrington will have no choice but to quicken his delivery in his new offense, as he will be throwing to 4 extremely quick WRs in, out, and downfield. WR Charles Rogers, who was quickly making a name for himself last year before a season ending injury, will be 100 % . Opposite of Rogers will be ex 49er veteran Tai Streets, and if Rogers and Streets weren't more than adequate, the Lions also brought in 1st roound, highly sought after WR Roy Williams, not to mention they already have veteran Az-zahir Hakim who will be returning. Hakim should be a valuable 3rd or 4th WR.

*RB Domanick Davis / Houston Texans = Wasn't even a consideration in drafts last year. This year, several teams will take a long serious look at Domanick as a 2nd back in larger FFL, or strong 3 rd back. Domanick while only starting in 10 games last season amounted just over 1030 yards in just 238 attempts, finding the endzone 8 times averaging 4.3 yards a carry. David Carr also found Davis useful late last season, as Davis caught 47 of Carr's passes for 351 yards. Domanick will obviously start for the Teaxans this year and he should easily improve his stats especially with the help of veteran FA signings OT Todd Wade (Miami) and 10 year blocking TE Mark Bruener (Pittsburgh).

* WR Jerry Porter / Oakland Raiders = With both Jerry Rice and Tim Brown not getting any younger, Raiders WR Jerry Porter should find himself on many FFL rosters by mid season 2004. Porter was injured for almost the entire 2003 season but many feel he posses the talent and the speed to become a premier WR in the NFL. Rich Gannon was also hurt for a good portion of the Raiders season last year, and both will be out to prove themselves in 2004. While Gannon remains the starting QB in Oakland he is looking over his shoulder at ex Giants veteran Kerry Collins. The competion could lean in Gannon's favor, as he seems to operate better under a competitive pressure, however if Gannon does not pan out, Collins would easily step in take care of business. The bigger question in Oakland is the OL. Porter should become a favorite target across the middle since time will be an issue for both QBs in Oakland.

* D Philadelphia Eagles = While everyone has been focusing on the Eagle aquisition of Terrell Owens, the Eagles also beefed up their defense while nobody was looking. The biggest addition was DE Jevon Kearse. Kearse was a monster in Tennessee, but some believe the best of his abilities may have been closer to the begining of his career. In his 5 year professional career, Kearse has mounted 192 total tackles, 48 sacks, 19 forced fumbles and 1 INT. The Eagles should provide some revitilalization in Kearse which inturn should surge through the entire Eagles D. Ex NY Giant LB Dhani Jones was also added to the Eagles D off FA. Jones had 118 total tackles for the Giants last season and 3 sacks. Both will be joining MLB Mark Simoneau who was aqcuired by the Eagles from the Falcons in a trade before the 2003 season. In his first full season, Mark remarkably charted 101 total tackles and 2 sacks. On paper, the Eagles should walk into the NFC Championship again this season.

mypoorfriendme
05-26-2004, 01:03 AM
drew henson :couch:

Earthquake Enyart
05-26-2004, 06:28 AM
I like Harrington too Red.

McCown might put some numbers up too.

ryjam282
05-26-2004, 07:15 AM
What about the Dominator? Domanick Davis from Houston? I picked him up in week 6 last year as I had read he would be starting and when he finally did....HE WAS THE MAN. He was catching the ball out of the backfield and running very well. He will be a solid #2 on almost every team this year, possibly a lower end #1.

Also, Marcus Robinson, I think he will be huge playing with Moss now.

As for Hasselbeck, he has been my fantasy QB for the past 2 years, he is a stud. Puts up big numbers and very quietly also. He threw for almost 4000 yards last year (very quiet)

Earthquake Enyart
05-26-2004, 07:23 AM
I'm not sold on Marcus Robinson. He hasn't been the same since he had that big year for the Bears, then wrecked his knee.

Tatonka
05-26-2004, 07:38 AM
marcus robinson will never be consistent with moss there.. he will have some big games and alot more nonexistent ones.

duce staley could be a guy that goes unoticed for a while in drafts. bettis is old.. he has never been that good on the goalline.. i think staley ends up getting the majority of carries and catches.

same with brian westbrook in philly.. i dont know if your league gives points for special teams.. but mine does.. and westbrook was sick because of return yardage on punts and tds.

mark brunell is on no ones map as far as starting qbs.. but he could be a guy had very late and could put up starters numbers. look at his wrs... they are very good. coles, gardner, jacobs, mccants, thrash - 5 deep. plus portis catches.

byron leftwich started looking good by years end last year.. now he has jimmy smith all year, plus new first rounder reggie williams, fred taylor and greg jones. i think he will have a good year. they have a strong defense that will keep them in every game.

these are my two guys that will be on my radar for alot of drafts.

tampabay25690
05-26-2004, 09:50 AM
Ashlie Lelie

Tatonka
05-26-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by tampabay25690
Ashlie Lelie

good call.

The Spaz
05-26-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
good call.

I'm going to call him a bust the guy has no other receivers on that team and Plummer is chucking the rock.

R. Rich
05-26-2004, 10:49 AM
I like the Domanick Davis pick. I think he'll be really good, if he stays healthy. I had him in my Yahoo! league last year and he did very well for me when healthy.

Dantheman1280
05-26-2004, 11:11 AM
Josh Mcown

Charles Johnson

Rattay (but I think is is injured)

Travis Taylor

Vikings D

Bulldog
05-26-2004, 11:13 AM
Lelie is a high risk, high reward type of player. I had him on my team last year and some games he would light it up and others he would just dissappear. If you can manage to play him when he is on his game, look out! But a little too inconsistant for my liking.

SABURZFAN
05-26-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by pepperkorn

In my league, holding penalties are very valuable. That being said, Ruben is my #1 pick.

:laughter:

Novacane
05-26-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

these are my two guys that will be on my radar for alot of drafts.

Thanks! Made a note of that. Tatonkas Tenacios D is going down this year :snicker:

lordofgun
05-26-2004, 12:10 PM
Nice try. I'm not telling anyone who my sleepers are.

McBFLO
05-26-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Dantheman1280

Travis Taylor

I've been saying the same thing the past couple of years, but he disappoints every year, thats why i9'm staying away from him

Tatonka
05-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I'm going to call him a bust the guy has no other receivers on that team and Plummer is chucking the rock.

rod smith is "no other receivers" ? come on.

Tatonka
05-26-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Thanks! Made a note of that. Tatonkas Tenacios D is going down this year :snicker:

smokescreen.

i will own you all again. and pocket another 400$. :D

McBFLO
05-26-2004, 12:38 PM
I could see Charlie Garner puttin up some nice number is TB. Probably not as good as 2 years ago in Oakland, but still pertty nice. Maybe like 800 rsh and 600 rcv?