• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Tortured my ass

As many thought, Boston made the list of tortured cities on Cold Pizza's list. Here's a copy of the email I sent them:

How the H E Double Hockey sticks can you place Boston above cities such as Seattle, San Diego, Atlanta and Minneapolis? The city is home to a team that has won SIXTEEN NBA titles. That is more titles than most four-sport cities boast amongst all it's teams combined! And did you choose to forget the fact that the Patriots have won two of the last three Super Bowls? Torture? Give me a break. Just because their baseball team hasn't won a world series since the last ice age doesn't make them tortured... and you had a Bostonian admit to it (Bill Simmons). Add that to the fact that the Sox have at least made it to the World Series and/or playoffs within the last two decades (and probably would have made a few more had they not played in the same division as the Yankees). Don't leave out the Bruins who have won a few Stanley Cups as well. If torture is having to sit through watching players like Bobby Orr and Larry Bird win championships and break records, I will take torture everyday of the week. If Boston fans have it so bad, tell them to cheer on one of the cities lower them on the list and see if they still enjoy sports afterwards. No wonder nobody takes this show seriously and it's on ESPN2 at the ass-crack of dawn... what a joke.

links:
    Sure, Boston sports fans have suffered because of the Sox. But how is Boston one of the most tortured sports cities?

(Buffalo gets a mention in this article)

We all know about the Red Sox. But Boston has suffered through some other sports moments as well.
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Tortured my ass

Is that spicy food bothering your hemorrhoids?

Comment

• Bill Brasky
      • Jan 2004

why do you think I haven't posted in a week and a half

Comment

• McBFLO
        • Mar 2003

where did buffalo make it on that list?
        Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• Fairway To Green
          • Jul 2002

Great email JF. They seem to have this bias that the big cities should have championships in every sport. I wish we could be "tortured" with 2 outta the last SB's

Comment

• Bill Brasky
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by pepperkorn
            where did buffalo make it on that list?
            they will probably be 1st or 2nd. they reveal a different city every tuesday.

Comment

• thefixer74
              Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
              • Apr 2004

Re: Tortured my ass

Originally posted by jfreeman
              As many thought, Boston made the list of tortured cities on Cold Pizza's list. Here's a copy of the email I sent them:

<I>How the H E Double Hockey sticks can you place Boston above cities such as Seattle, San Diego, Atlanta and Minneapolis? The city is home to a team that has won SIXTEEN NBA titles. That is more titles than most four-sport cities boast amongst all it's teams combined! And did you choose to forget the fact that the Patriots have won two of the last three Super Bowls? Torture? Give me a break. Just because their baseball team hasn't won a world series since the last ice age doesn't make them tortured... and you had a Bostonian admit to it (Bill Simmons). Add that to the fact that the Sox have at least made it to the World Series and/or playoffs within the last two decades (and probably would have made a few more had they not played in the same division as the Yankees). Don't leave out the Bruins who have won a few Stanley Cups as well. If torture is having to sit through watching players like Bobby Orr and Larry Bird win championships and break records, I will take torture everyday of the week. If Boston fans have it so bad, tell them to cheer on one of the cities lower them on the list and see if they still enjoy sports afterwards. No wonder nobody takes this show seriously and it's on ESPN2 at the ass-crack of dawn... what a joke.</I>

links:
              Sure, Boston sports fans have suffered because of the Sox. But how is Boston one of the most tortured sports cities?

(Buffalo gets a mention in this article)

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...ortured/boston

LOL,do you think they will read it on the air?

I'd watch it that day if they did.
              To the world you might be one person,but to one person you might be the world.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                • Jan 2004

I could care less... they obviously are a bunch of bumbling morons if they claim Boston is a tortured city. If you click on that first link the guy that they hired to write the column for them basically calls them ******ed for thinking Boston is a "tortured" city. They probably don't even know how to check email... they sent me a sweet automated response though:

Thank you for contacting Cold Pizza...the morning show with everything! We appreciate your feedback and will get back to you as soon as we can. In the meantime, please feel free to browse our web site at http://www.coldpizza.tv for the latest show information. Related links to story segments will be available in the Archive area.Thanks again for watching Cold Pizza on ESPN2!

I don't even watch the show. If anybody watches this trainwreck of a show let me know if they read my rad response.

Comment

• thefixer74
                  Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
                  • Apr 2004

I seen it one time when it first came on,but when I'm home my wife watches the today show.
                  To the world you might be one person,but to one person you might be the world.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                    • Jan 2004

All I know is that Kit Hoover is the ultimate source of sports information. I trust everything she reports/says.

Comment

• B-DON
                      hi
                      • Mar 2004

its actually a good show imo but i agrre w/you that is rediculous

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                        • Jan 2004

I bet NYC is next... the Mets have only won 2 World Series and the Jets 1 Super Bowl... talk about pure torture.

Comment

• BigZ
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by jfreeman

they will probably be 1st or 2nd. they reveal a different city every tuesday.
                          Buffalo will be #1 - hinted at in the article already.:redgun:

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                            • Jan 2004

I know, at least they will finally be #1 at something...

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                              • May 2003

Boston should be on that list. Just think about the torture involved in having to listen to that accent at every sporting event.

Nomaaah, that was a wicked good catch!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X