PDA

View Full Version : Fins future looks great

B-DON
05-26-2004, 02:18 AM
I know pfw sucks but this is more of facts then their crappy opinion Miami

We hear the recent news that RB Ricky Williams reportedly tested positive for marijuana in December 2003 (although he was appealing the results at presstime) could make the Dolphins reconsider whether they want to extend his contract beyond the 2005 season, when his current deal expires. That, in turn, could hinder the Dolphins’ ability to re-sign DE Adewale Ogunleye, a restricted free agent who has not been willing to sign the team’s one-year tender of $1.824 million following a 15-sack season. The Dolphins had targeted Williams (who has salaries of $3.735 million this year and $3.74 million in ’05) and CB Patrick Surtain (whose deal expires after ’05 and calls for salaries of $5.4 million in ’04 and $5.85 million in ’05) as candidates to restructure contracts, thus freeing up money to sign Ogunleye to a long-term deal. Miami also needs cap space to sign No. 1 WR Chris Chambers to a new deal since his relatively inexpensive contract ($468,000) expires after this season, and he will likely command top dollar as an unrestricted free agent

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm

it is going to be hard to resign all these guys so it looks like trouble for fins fans. which do you think will be resigned? god i love hearing about the fins problems this offseason

thefixer74
05-26-2004, 03:43 AM
Ricky's positive test was in Dec. How do you get dehydrated in Dec?LOL.

Kramer
05-26-2004, 06:06 AM
B-DON. I smile whenever misery falls upon the mighty Miami Dolphins! LOL Childish I guess but I cannot help myself.

The Spaz
05-26-2004, 06:14 AM
Pro Football Weekly is fine it's Pro Football Talk that is ****.

Kramer
05-26-2004, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Pro Football Weekly is fine it's Pro Football Talk that is ****.
PFT is the National Enquirer of football. It is garbage.

The Spaz
05-26-2004, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Kramer
PFT is the National Enquirer of football. It is garbage.

Got that right!:up:

BillsFanInMass
05-26-2004, 06:41 AM
The fins suck

ryjam282
05-26-2004, 07:10 AM
Honestly, I don't think they will resign Wally O-Gun. He has become too much trouble for them to worry about IMO, he will be dealt eventually and I do believe they will lock up Ricky and Chambers to long term deals before the end of the season. But, oh yes, I love hearing about there misery, JUST LOVE IT.

Disgustipatex
05-26-2004, 09:10 AM
Dumb.

Miami has enough money to resign Ogunleye without restructuring anything. They're working on a contract now. Ogunleye has been trouble? What? What, exactly, are you talking about? You dont know.

Dozerdog
05-26-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Disgustipatex
Dumb.

Miami has enough money to resign Ogunleye without restructuring anything. They're working on a contract now. Ogunleye has been trouble? What? What, exactly, are you talking about? You dont know.

Pro Football Weekly is dumb? OK- if you say so,....:lolpoint:

PFW is probably the most respected of football sites - they are so good ESPN hooked up with them. The Late Joel Buschbaum was one of the best draft guys in the country.

PFT is a rag. More interested in potty jokes than news. They can't make stuff up fast enough. If they said Dolphins suck I'd be worried.

Jan Reimers
05-26-2004, 09:24 AM
All those cap problems, plus Feeley Fiedler at QB and Wanny at the helm. What could be better - for us?

SABURZFAN
05-26-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Disgustipatex
Dumb.

Miami has enough money to resign Ogunleye without restructuring anything. They're working on a contract now.

the $64 million question is whether it's a going to be a 1 year deal or a multi-year deal?:z:

B-DON
05-26-2004, 01:01 PM
my bad i was thinking of pft not pfw

The Natrix
05-26-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by BillsFanInMass
The fins suck

agreed.

StanMarino13
05-26-2004, 04:53 PM
Ogun will not sign any one year deals hence the reason he has not signed the tender so thats not much of a 64 million dollar question. They are already sendin contracts to each other so Ogun should be back. McMicheal is another contract thats up this year or next as well. Obviously cant keep everyone and it should be interesting who they do keep.

Samphin1
05-26-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
All those cap problems, plus Feeley Fiedler at QB and Wanny at the helm. What could be better - for us?

How about Fiedler not starting against you guys? That would be better for you. He is undefeated as a starter against you guys. But keep on bashing Fiedler. :bf1:

Kramer
05-26-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Samphin1

How about Fiedler not starting against you guys? That would be better for you. He is undefeated as a starter against you guys. But keep on bashing Fiedler. :bf1:

He played against a 3-13 team one year and piss-poor coached team the the other. What does that prove?

BillsOverDolphins
05-26-2004, 09:01 PM

He played against a 3-13 team one year and piss-poor coached team the the other. What does that prove?
that finfans will look for anything to take the attention away from their annual underachievement:bigwave:

Samphin1
05-27-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by BillsOverDolphins

that finfans will look for anything to take the attention away from their annual underachievement:bigwave:

CW is that you? :huh: Looking at your avatar, it sure seems as though it is. I always find it funny when Miami is bashed for being an underachiever, and while that may be true, it is no where near as sad as a team, such as Buffalo, living up to everyone's expectations and having a losing season...again. You guys may try to spin it that we both missed the playoffs and Buffalo got the higher draft pick, so their seaosn was more worthwhile. I don't buy it, and neither do any of you deep down. It is a hollow argument.

Nobody roots for a team to go 6-10 just to get a higher pick the next year. My bottom line is this, my team put a smile on my face 10 times last year ( 10-6 ). Funny, your team put a smile on my face 10 times as well ( 6-10 ). :lol:

Bulldog
05-27-2004, 12:41 PM

CW is that you? :huh: Looking at your avatar, it sure seems as though it is. I always find it funny when Miami is bashed for being an underachiever, and while that may be true, it is no where near as sad as a team, such as Buffalo, living up to everyone's expectations and having a losing season...again. You guys may try to spin it that we both missed the playoffs and Buffalo got the higher draft pick, so their seaosn was more worthwhile. I don't buy it, and neither do any of you deep down. It is a hollow argument.

Nobody roots for a team to go 6-10 just to get a higher pick the next year. My bottom line is this, my team put a smile on my face 10 times last year ( 10-6 ). Funny, your team put a smile on my face 10 times as well ( 6-10 ). :lol:

Thats funny, the Fins usually make me smile for a month straight every year. December ring a bell?

Samphin1
05-27-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog

Thats funny, the Fins usually make me smile for a month straight every year. December ring a bell?

If I remember correctly, we beat you guys last December didn't we?

The Spaz
05-27-2004, 02:06 PM
If I remember correctly, we beat you guys last December didn't we?

Did that help you any?

justasportsfan
05-27-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Pro Football Weekly is dumb? OK- if you say so,....:lolpoint:

PFW is probably the most respected of football sites - they are so good ESPN hooked up with them. The Late Joel Buschbaum was one of the best draft guys in the country.

Looks like he couldn't respond all of a sudden :lolpoint: :sadwalk: <--- disgustingkotex

B-DON
05-27-2004, 02:29 PM

Danny Ainge did with the celtics and he openly admitted it would be better to lose then win out so they get a better pick

Samphin1
05-28-2004, 01:04 AM

Did that help you any?

It helped us get to double digit wins and another wining seaosn in a long line of many. Buffalo hasn't seen a winning season in years. Again, if my team isn't going to make the playoffs, at least they play hard each week and still have talent to win more games than lose. It always feels better when your team wins.

As for Danny Ainge, I remember him saying that and you know what? That makes him a loser. No wonder Robert Horry threw that towel in his face back in Pheonix years ago. Any GM/Manager/Owner/player who openly thinks it is better for his team to tank a season for a better draft pick makes me mad.

Zach Thomas said something to that nature a few years back and that chapped my @ss as well.

The Spaz
05-28-2004, 06:23 AM
It helped us get to double digit wins and another wining seaosn in a long line of many. Buffalo hasn't seen a winning season in years. Again, if my team isn't going to make the playoffs, at least they play hard each week and still have talent to win more games than lose. It always feels better when your team wins.

As for Danny Ainge, I remember him saying that and you know what? That makes him a loser. No wonder Robert Horry threw that towel in his face back in Pheonix years ago. Any GM/Manager/Owner/player who openly thinks it is better for his team to tank a season for a better draft pick makes me mad.

Zach Thomas said something to that nature a few years back and that chapped my @ss as well.

YEah double digit wins an dit really helped you make the playoffs, eh?!:rolleyes:

LABillzFan
05-29-2004, 07:51 PM
It helped us get to double digit wins and another wining seaosn in a long line of many.

I suspect winning 10 games must feel good. I have a hard time remembering when we did that last. But I wonder...what good is winning in double digits if you can't get to the playoffs? Hell, we won six games and got the same result as you got with double digits.

I'm just sayin'...

Marino13Phins
05-30-2004, 07:02 PM

Did that help you any?

Didn't hurt.

Marino13Phins
05-30-2004, 07:03 PM

YEah double digit wins an dit really helped you make the playoffs, eh?!:rolleyes:

It got us closer then the bills, they haven't smelled the playoffs in a while. :confused:

Marino13Phins
05-30-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by LABillzFan

I suspect winning 10 games must feel good. I have a hard time remembering when we did that last. But I wonder...what good is winning in double digits if you can't get to the playoffs? Hell, we won six games and got the same result as you got with double digits.

I'm just sayin'...

That's like saying there is no point in making the playoffs if you didn't win the superbowl. Some of it is just for respect.

Samphin1
06-01-2004, 01:59 AM

No, but at least we had a fighting chance, at 6-10, you pretty much know your team is doomed by midway through the season. :shakeno:

And admit it, it chaps your butt every time we beat you guys, no matter what the record.

BillsOverDolphins
06-01-2004, 03:00 AM

No, but at least we had a fighting chance, at 6-10, you pretty much know your team is doomed by midway through the season. :shakeno:

And admit it, it chaps your butt every time we beat you guys, no matter what the record. despite the 4 game difference in the standings, we were elimated only one week before you guys...LMAO. Funny how the fins started playing for Wanny when the games meant nothing
:lolcry:

Samphin1
06-01-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by BillsOverDolphins
despite the 4 game difference in the standings, we were elimated only one week before you guys...LMAO. Funny how the fins started playing for Wanny when the games meant nothing
:lolcry:

CW, First off, you need to empty your PM box at finheaven so I can write back to you regarding our backetball team.

Secondly, despite the mathematical elimination late, everyone knew you were doomed as early as week 3 when Miami exposed your offense for what it really was last year, garbage. As soon as Miami stopped your team cold, every Bills fans could almost feel it coming I do believe.

Not that our offense was anything particular to write home about last year either...:(

Kolbiss
06-01-2004, 11:52 AM
CW, First off, you need to empty your PM box at finheaven so I can write back to you regarding our backetball team.

Secondly, despite the mathematical elimination late, everyone knew you were doomed as early as week 3 when Miami exposed your offense for what it really was last year, garbage. As soon as Miami stopped your team cold, every Bills fans could almost fell it coming I do believe.

Not that our offense was anything particular to write home about last year either...:(

Is it bad that I totally agree with you on that statement.......In our defense, having Gilbride would kill any offense!!!!

pats-were-right
06-01-2004, 12:52 PM
Here's what scares me - this is the first year I can remember where no one's picking the Fins to do squat. Are the Fins perhaps the "reverse jinx?" team????

justasportsfan
06-01-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by pats-were-right
Here's what scares me - this is the first year I can remember where no one's picking the Fins to do squat. Are the Fins perhaps the &quot;reverse jinx?&quot; team????

Let me fix that.

Already on record with Miami as my really early preseason AFC representative in Super Bowl XXXIX, the next logical question is: Which team from the NFC will the Dolphins beat?

;)

The Spaz
06-01-2004, 01:26 PM
Duane Cross smokes the Cheeba?!:dizzy:

BillsOwnAll
06-01-2004, 07:50 PM
B-DON. I smile whenever misery falls upon the mighty Miami Dolphins! LOL Childish I guess but I cannot help myself. Honestly i cant wait till this happens to the pats!! Im not a contract expert but one of these years alot of there contracts are gonna be up and there gonna have to cut some ket playerss. thatll be the day!

B-DON
06-02-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

Let me fix that.

Already on record with Miami as my really early preseason AFC representative in Super Bowl XXXIX, the next logical question is: Which team from the NFC will the Dolphins beat?

;)
you can only pick a team to win it all in preseason so many years in a row. it seems like for at least 6-7 years consecutively some dumb ass picks the fins to win it all

Marino13Phins
06-02-2004, 08:52 PM
Atleast they dont pick the bills. Hell I wouldn't pick the bills to win the east.... I'd have a better chance picking the colts :-P