PDA

View Full Version : Lindell Prepares for Second Season with Bills

The Spaz
05-26-2004, 09:29 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/photos/lindell526_subsq.jpgKicker Rian Lindell continued his perfect career extra point record connecting on all 24 attempts his first year with the Bills, yet improving upon his consistency is still his top priority for the new season.

"Last year I didn't have very good contact with the ball consistently," Lindell said.

"Some days I'd come out and hit the ball well and other days I'd come out and I wouldn't hit the ball down my target line. I'm working hard on hitting the ball squarely."

Lindell recorded 75 points in 2003 making 70.8% of his field goal tries (17-24).

"I'm trying to take what I did last year and fine tune it," Lindell said. "I'm seeing what worked and what didn't."

Due to shoulder surgery shortly after the 2003 season, Rian's offseason workout has been slightly delayed. His shoulder is good to kick with now, but he has a little bit of catching up to do.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=244189

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-26-2004, 09:36 AM
I know a lot of you want to throw this guy under the bus, but I am going to give him another year. The same people that want him out are probably the same ones that wanted Mormon out of here when he had a "tired" leg. I had heard that Lindell actually seperated his shoulder last year and couldn't use that arm when he kicked, as crazy as that sounds, he couldn't flow into his kicks. I am going to let him redeem himself from last year.

SABURZFAN
05-26-2004, 09:39 AM
one of the other things that i was concerned with was that he couldn't reach the end zone on kickoffs enough.

Italian Stallion
05-26-2004, 10:02 AM
I'm willing to give him another shot, but I would try Moorman on kickoffs instead of Lindell. He obviously has a stronger leg, and field position is huge, as we all know...

juice
05-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Lindell was bought in for his deep kicks.. In the pre-season he was kicking to the goalline.. Maybe he was hurt.

Goobylal
05-26-2004, 12:11 PM
Someone said they heard Bobby April on the radio and he said that Lindell separated his shoulder in the 2nd game last year. I don't know if that was the 2nd pre-season or regular season game. However in either case, it affected him, now the problem is fixed, he has a real ST's coach, and he's more relaxed. And having Moorman KO will only tire out his leg. Maybe if the Bills aren't punting a lot (because they're scoring a lot) that might not be an issue.

McBFLO
05-26-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
one of the other things that i was concerned with was that he couldn't reach the end zone on kickoffs enough.

One question that I have when kickoffs are concerned though is, were they having him kick directionally/aiming for a certain part of the field for their coverage units? But, I agree, he does need to get it into the endzone more often.

Bill Brasky
05-26-2004, 12:48 PM
<B>"Last year I didn't have very good contact with the ball consistently," Lindell said.</B>

understatement of the year

saviorbledsoe
05-26-2004, 12:49 PM
That whole theory of directional kickoffs is an exuse I think or else its just plain stupid coaching. If you can kick it in the endzone DO SO!

I have also wanted to see Mooreman do the kickoffs. I always use him in Madden 04. He kicks way deeper than Lindel in the game anyway.

I will give Lindel one more year but I am very optimistic about this teams chances this year and we all know how important it is to have a clutch kicker like Steve Christie or Vinateirie. We have yet to be in that situation to see what Lindell can do under pressure which concerns me.

JefftheBillsfan
05-26-2004, 01:57 PM
he'll do just fine this year imo

lordofgun
05-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Lindell :down:

B-DON
05-26-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Lindell :down:

i second that:rock:

McBFLO
05-26-2004, 02:19 PM
I agree with you, if you can put the ball in the endzone...do it!
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
That whole theory of directional kickoffs is an exuse I think or else its just plain stupid coaching. If you can kick it in the endzone DO SO!

I have also wanted to see Mooreman do the kickoffs. I always use him in Madden 04. He kicks way deeper than Lindel in the game anyway.

I will give Lindel one more year but I am very optimistic about this teams chances this year and we all know how important it is to have a clutch kicker like Steve Christie or Vinateirie. We have yet to be in that situation to see what Lindell can do under pressure which concerns me.

BillsOverDolphins
05-26-2004, 03:44 PM
Lindell was horrible over 39 yards it seemed