PDA

View Full Version : Peter King on Schopp and Bulldog yesterday

Patrick76777
05-26-2004, 11:37 AM
They asked him how he feels and how others he has talked to feel about the Bills this year.

He said that most people he’s talked to think the Bills are the second best team in the East. He says Miami has some serious Offensive issues and the D is another year older and he doesn’t know how the Jets plan on stopping anybody with that D. He sees them as being very bad.

Ebenezer
05-26-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
They asked him how he feels and how others he has talked to feel about the Bills this year.

He said that most people he’s talked to think the Bills are the second best team in the East. He says Miami has some serious Offensive issues and the D is another year older and he doesn’t know how the Jets plan on stopping anybody with that D. He sees them as being very bad.

I heard that...he was very down on the Jets. Didn't he say something to the effect that "Mularkey never saw a wrinkle he didn't like"...or was that Martz...:huh:

Patrick76777
05-26-2004, 11:42 AM
That was mularkey. Kinda scared me. I seriously had visions of being in my seat at the game and screaming, "NO MORE TRICK PLAYS"

Man, Williams and Gilbride suck!

Novacane
05-26-2004, 11:57 AM
Nothing wrong with trick plays. It was kevin and gregs bad timing of when to use them

Ebenezer
05-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Nothing wrong with trick plays. It was kevin and gregs bad timing of when to use them

and bad choice of them...half back option is fine...but not one where the HB runs to the middle of the line.

Goobylal
05-26-2004, 12:08 PM
Trick plays, even if they don't work, force the opposing defense to play more cautiously. You usually use them when you need to slow down the aggression of the opposing defense, because you're getting killed. And if you need to keep using them because they're not doing that or not working as big plays, then you probably weren't going to win anyway. I'd like to know is Mularkey lost a game with the Steelers on a trick play?

McBFLO
05-26-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777

I used to not erally like Peter King all that much, but after reading his column now for the past few months, I started to respect the guy's opinion and point of view on things a lot more. I've noticed myself agreeing with him a lot more too. It's good to hear such a knowledgable writer such as Peter King give the Bills some credit.

Originally posted by Fairway To Green

Couldn't agree with you more.

TigerJ
05-26-2004, 04:02 PM
Trick plays have their place. Mularkey ran into trouble last year with Pittsburgh, I believe, because Pittsburgh's line was worse than Buffalo's. They could not run the ball, and Mularkey turned to trick plays out of desperation. I think trick plays can make a good offence more effective, but I don't think they are a very good way to compensate for an offence that has become one dimensional because declining talent or poor execution.

Goobylal
05-26-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
Trick plays have their place. Mularkey ran into trouble last year with Pittsburgh, I believe, because Pittsburgh's line was worse than Buffalo's. They could not run the ball, and Mularkey turned to trick plays out of desperation. I think trick plays can make a good offence more effective, but I don't think they are a very good way to compensate for an offence that has become one dimensional because declining talent or poor execution.
I would have taken trick plays by the Bills' offense last year, instead of sticking with the same garbage that went nowhere anyway.

McBFLO
05-26-2004, 04:17 PM
As long as you don't rely on trick plays to move the ball, then I'm ok with using them once in a while, because they can make your offense very unpredictable and more effective.