PDA

View Full Version : Jaws to Bills: Improve offense

The Spaz
05-27-2004, 08:03 AM
As a former NFL quarterback, Ron Jaworski gained a wealth of knowledge about the game. As a television analyst on ESPN's highly regarded show, "NFL Matchup," the Lackawanna native has, through hours of studying game film, developed a keen eye for what makes every team tick.
One of the teams Jaworski pays close attention to is the Buffalo Bills. His early assessment: The Bills' offense holds the key to the team's success in 2004.

"When you look at the Bills, you've got to say they are rock solid on the defensive side of the football," Jaworski said Wednesday at the Lake Erie Italian Club in Lackawanna, where the Western New York Chapter of the National Football Foundation held a reception in his honor. "They were the No. 2 defense in the league last year and really was the heartbeat of the team. But I think they lost their balance on offense a little bit and I think (new coach) Mike Mularkey will bring that back because he understands the importance of a running game and being able to throw the ball efficiently. If the offense comes together, I think this could be an exciting year for the Bills."

It would help if the Bills get a bounce-back year from quarterback Drew Bledsoe. He struggled mightily last season, averaging fewer than 180 passing yards per game and throwing just 11 touchdown passes.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040527/2058488.asp?tbd2058488.asp

buffmaniac
05-27-2004, 09:36 AM
Interesting. I like Jaws and respect his opinion a lot. He watched the film and he thinks Drew can still play. Just more reason for me to believe that Drew will be just fine this year with the other changes we have made.

ShadowHawk7
05-27-2004, 10:43 AM
Way to see the light Jaws! National opinion of the Bills seem to be widely varried now.

Earthquake Enyart
05-27-2004, 10:48 AM
So the Italian Club had the polish guy come speak? :eek:

What's this world coming to ?

Samphin1
05-27-2004, 11:33 AM
So, Jaws reiterates what everyone else has said, and now he is a respected analyst? What kind of genius does it take to look at last year's stats and notice that Buffalo was good on defense, but putrid on offense?

Earthquake Enyart
05-27-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Samphin1
So, Jaws reiterates what everyone else has said, and now he is a respected analyst? What kind of genius does it take to look at last year's stats and notice that Buffalo was good on defense, but putrid on offense?

Jaws is just a polish kid from Lackawanna. Cut him some slack.

The Spaz
05-27-2004, 11:36 AM

He's the same analyist that said gettign Feeley was a bad move. So I will have to give him his props.:snicker:

ryjam282
05-27-2004, 11:37 AM
Jaws is good. I always like hearing what he has to say. I love it when he breaks down plays on NFL Matchup too.

McBFLO
05-27-2004, 01:33 PM
Nice find Spaz!

The_Philster
05-27-2004, 03:41 PM

He was a respected analyst before he agreed with anyone else. The fact that he actually looks at gametapes every week makes him more respected than most.