X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

"Head turning" offer needed to keep Peerless from FA market

Unlike some late owners who didn't pass their franchises on to heirs, Al Lerner groomed his son to take over.

One young wide receiver who will be at the top of most wish lists if he gets into the free agent market after this year is Peerless Price of the Buffalo Bills. This has been a breakout campaign for the fourth-year veteran and Bills officials are working hard to try to get him signed to an extension that will keep him in Buffalo for a long time. Price has 47 receptions for 639 yards and five touchdowns after seven games. Along with Eric Moulds, he provides Drew Bledsoe the most dynamic and explosive wideout tandem in the league. But he also knows the Bills paid Moulds a signing bonus of $12 million to retain him two years ago. Price, who is playing for just $450,000 in base salary this year, might not command that much. But it's going to take a head-turning offer to keep him from testing the free agency waters and Buffalo officials know it

He says that the Bills officials are working hard to get him an extansion which is good. But to give Price a Moulds like offer might be a little too high, IMO. It sounds like many teams want Price so it might be that the only way to keep him is to sign him to an extension before the FA signing period starts. From what I have heard it sounds like Price really likes it here and likes playing opposite Moulds and catching balls from Bledsoe, I am still holding on to the hope that Price might take a little less than expected to stay here. I am not comforted at all by Pasquarelli's comment that it will take a "head turning" offer to keep Price.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • BillsNYC
    Man of the People
    • Jul 2002

i've heard rumors hes a jerk and all about the money....i hope he proves it wrong and stays here like moulds did
    Thank you.

Comment

• clumping platelets

More and more, he's proving that $$$ is more important than winning and team. Let him go and then use that cap space on the defense.

My original prediction was: 5yrs-$19 million with two-tiered $6 million bonus

New prediction: 6yrs-$30 million with $8 million bonus

Comment

• InTheBox
        • Oct 2002

i heard rumors that he wasn't a jerk so will only know when it happens. iam hopeing that he stays.
        LETS GO BUFFALO!!!! LETS GO!!!!!

Comment

• Drewpac
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
          More and more, he's proving that $$$ is more important than winning and team. Let him go and then use that cap space on the defense.

My original prediction was: 5yrs-$19 million with two-tiered $6 million bonus

How exactly has Peerless proven that he's all about the $$$. I've never once heard him say that since he's been here. Give the guy a break. It seems like none of the fans have liked this guy since he's been here. I hope we pay him the money he deserves. Everybody is saying that we would be just as good without him. This is not true. While Reed may become a great receiver some day, he does not have the speed to stretch a defense the way Price does. IMO TD should do everything he can to make sure we have all 3 of our great receivers for the next few years.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Read the article in this week's Shout!

Comment

• CalBillsFan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Drewpac

How exactly has Peerless proven that he's all about the $$$. I've never once heard him say that since he's been here. Give the guy a break. It seems like none of the fans have liked this guy since he's been here. I hope we pay him the money he deserves.
              The question then is how much do you think he deserves?
              Originally posted by paladin warrior
              RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

TD will give Peerless a FAIR offer, but it will not be the highest possible offer. TD has not been known for blockbuster contracts in the past and he will hardly start now.

Comment

• venis2k1
                  Youboty can hope
                  • Jul 2002

i think a 4 year $17 million dollar contract with a 4 million dollar signing bonus is about as high as i would go.

Comment

• casdhf
                    • Jul 2002

I've also herad him praise Drew Bledsoe over and over...maybe he'll stay here for a little less...
                    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                      Expert on Experts
                      • Jul 2002

I would love to have him here. Imagine having moulds, peerless, and reed locked up for 4 years. It'd be nice.

Comment

• askabry
                        • Jul 2002

Peerless is a vital cog, but...

A number two WR is not worth $4-6 MM a year, especially when you have so much locked up in the #1 spot and ROT, plus will need to renegotiate the contract of your star QB and RB.

Its time to start spending a penny or two on defense. Takeo Spikes would look very good at Eddie Robinson's spot on the defense, as would a return to Buffalo by Big Ted (who'll likely get cut and will come cheap)

You can't continually dump money in the offense and hope that schemes and lesser talent will get it done on defense.
                        what the last four years of a Republican House, Senate and Presidency has gotten us ...
                        • tax cuts for the wealthy in the hundreds of billions
                        • 1,000 dead American servicemen
                        • the U.S. Constitution trampled upon
                        • our national debt growing into the TRILLIONS of dollars
                        • implicit lies and consistent obfuscations of the truth regarding Iraq

I can hardly wait to see what four more years will get us.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets

IF that is what it will take than I say let him go. I think that he is the kind of guy that will become content once he gets a big fat contract and his play will drop off.

Josh Reed will step up and make people say Peerless who?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Didn't Tim Dwight just sign a huge contract this year with the Chargers? Peerless is gonna want double that.

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

I think Peerless is a product of the system. He is great in the #2 WR role. If he went somewhere where they suck at WR and he becomes the #1 WR like NY Jets, Miami, Carolina, Washington or Cleveland he wouldn't have as much success as in Buffalo.

Comment

Working...
                              X