PDA

View Full Version : Carucci likes Evans

Kolbiss
05-27-2004, 04:32 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7363583

Kramer
05-27-2004, 06:18 PM
I agree with the article. Don't think for a second that Lee Evans is going to be double teamed unless he starts to put up monster numbers. The honor (and curse) will still belong to Eric Moulds who is a proven secondary killer. However, with Mould being double teamed, and Reed, who I feel will explode in the slot, Evans will be out on an island, probably with the #2 CB. This is excellent because his 4.38 speed will likely kill the CB with the intermediate to long ball. I am excited about this years WR corps.

At this point in time I still think that Reed will be the #2 WR so this may reduce Evans catches unless he really starts to shine early.

madness
05-27-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Kramer
At this point in time I still think that Reed will be the #2 WR so this may reduce Evans catches unless he really starts to shine early.

Even if Reed gets the #2 spot, I wouldn't want to cover Evans in the slot.

Goobylal
05-27-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by madness23

Even if Reed gets the #2 spot, I wouldn't want to cover Evans in the slot.
True. That would be even more of a mismatch.

don137
05-28-2004, 07:39 AM
I think the key to Evans this year will be if he can avoid being jammed at the line of scrimmage. If he can then his speed will help. If he can't then he won't have time to get the separation.

HAMMER
05-28-2004, 12:33 PM
I am telliing you all now that Evans will not be the norm for a rookie WR. He is wise beyond his years, no seriously, he is very intelligent. He will get by some DB's and Bledsoe will hit him in stride for a couple bombs. That will be enough to make upcoming teams respect him and not be so willing to over commit to Moulds. He will help our offense immensely. I was one of the people who downplayed the loss of PP's speed and it's potential effect. I was wrong!

Kolbiss
05-28-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by HAMMER
I am telliing you all now that Evans will not be the norm for a rookie WR. He is wise beyond his years, no seriously, he is very intelligent. He will get by some DB's and Bledsoe will hit him in stride for a couple bombs. That will be enough to make upcoming teams respect him and not be so willing to over commit to Moulds. He will help our offense immensely. I was one of the people who downplayed the loss of PP's speed and it's potential effect. I was wrong!

You couldn't be more right.....now stay healthy!!!!!

Stewie
05-29-2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by don137
I think the key to Evans this year will be if he can avoid being jammed at the line of scrimmage. If he can then his speed will help. If he can't then he won't have time to get the separation.

The new enforcement of the 5 yard rule should (allegedly) make it much easier for Evans to get off the line.

Goobylal
05-29-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by paulB

The new enforcement of the 5 yard rule should (allegedly) make it much easier for Evans to get off the line.
Actually the new reinforcement won't help getting off the LOS because it's legal to "chuck" the WR within 5 yards of the LOS. Where it will help is preventing guys like him from getting mauled and slowed-down after the initial 5 yards. The Pats are in major trouble with the new reinforcement.

elltrain22
05-29-2004, 11:46 AM
Evans is going to have a great year, no doubt about it...

justasportsfan
05-29-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Goobylal

Actually the new reinforcement won't help getting off the LOS because it's legal to "chuck" the WR within 5 yards of the LOS. Where it will help is preventing guys like him from getting mauled and slowed-down after the initial 5 yards. The Pats are in major trouble with the new reinforcement. a cb cannot risk jamming a speedster at the LOS because once wr the learns how to get the first step on you, he will burn you . He may try to every now and then to intimidate.

A cb is already at a disadvantage because his initial stance is that his back is facing the endzone . A backpedal will always lose against a forward movement unless the cb is way faster than the wr that he can recover easily.