PDA

View Full Version : Stakes raised for McNally's Buffalo homecoming

The Spaz
05-27-2004, 10:16 PM
Growing up in Buffalo, Jim McNally remembers when he and his buddies would sneak into Bills games for free.

"We used to go with a group of four or five guys," McNally recalled with a chuckle. "And we'd say, 'The guy behind me has got the ticket.' And when you got to the last guy, everybody would take off."

Some 44 years later, as the Bills new offensive line coach, McNally still isn't paying for admission. But he'll admit that the stakes are higher.

"There's a little more pressure," McNally said, following a Bills minicamp session Thursday.

More pressure, he noted, than at any of the previous three NFL teams and four colleges that McNally's worked at in his 39-year coaching career. The Bills were not only the team he rooted for as a youngster, but McNally has hundreds of friends and family members -- most of them Bills fans -- that are now literally looking over his shoulder.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/football/nfl/05/27/bc.fbn.bills.mcnally.ap/index.html

Mr. Cynical
05-27-2004, 10:33 PM
"We used to go with a group of four or five guys," McNally recalled with a chuckle. "And we'd say, 'The guy behind me has got the ticket.' And when you got to the last guy, everybody would take off."

:rofl:

:idea:

I gotta try that one time.

The Spaz
05-28-2004, 06:39 AM
bump

Jeff1220
05-28-2004, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical

Ralph's going to read this and deduct the owed money from McNally's check.

Jeff1220
05-28-2004, 06:46 AM
"He's coached guys like Munoz and been around this league for like 40 years, how could you not want to listen to him?" Jennings said. "We have a sergeant we can follow."

...as opposed to the last few years, when they had coaches with hardly any experience. McNally being there is giving this OL some confidence, and that in itself will be huge.

Goobylal
05-28-2004, 07:10 AM
Not only do the players respect McNally (compared to nobodies like Vinklarek and Ruel), they (read: Bledsoe, Losman, and Brown) have to respect Wyche, and they all respect Mularkey for having been an NFL player. That is huge.