PDA

View Full Version : Mularkey & Bledsoe Transcripts

The Spaz
05-28-2004, 06:54 AM
<b>Transcript: Mike Mularkey Q&A Session</b>

On the offense retaining the playbook:

It's already started. They've had it a couple times, you hope the tempo has picked up because they're more comfortable with the system. You can tell the rookies are a little more comfortable, although this is only the second time they've gone through it. You can see the speed is better right now.

On the pace of offense efficiency:

You set a gage before it all starts to where you want to be at some point and obviously having the guys here as much as they've been here has helped us get to this point, without that I don't know where we'd be. There commitment has helped us get right to where we hoped to of been.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=244330

<b>Transcript: Drew Bledsoe Q&A Session</b>

On the difference in the offense between this season and last season:

I think the thing that I'm encouraged about, at this point, we already seem to, as a team, be developing a good grasp of what we're doing conceptually and play-wise, where guys even at this early point in the season know stuff pretty cold and are able to go aggressively because of that. Some of the problems we had last year had to do with guys having a little confusion here and there and I think, right now, with a little bit of a simplification of what we've done there seems to be a general understanding of what we're doing at a little higher level.

On avoiding similar offensive pitfalls as last season:

Obviously we're going to play against some great defenses and there are going to be times when we're still going to struggle but I do think with the style of football we're going to try to play, it should be a little bit more consistent than it was last year. We should be able to build some more consistency throughout the season than what we had last year.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=244331

Jeff1220
05-28-2004, 07:01 AM
...it should be a little bit more consistent than it was last year. We should be able to build some more consistency throughout the season than what we had last year.
-Drew Bledsoe

what's he talking about? They were consistant last year.

(Consistantly terrible.)

ryjam282
05-28-2004, 07:01 AM
That is all good to hear. I hope it translates into more wins. I know with a lot less complicated system, players can actually let there skills show instead of there decision making abilities.

Jared
05-29-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by ryjam282
That is all good to hear. I hope it translates into more wins. I know with a lot less complicated system, players can actually let there skills show instead of there decision making abilities.

Decision-making ability is another skill as well. Look at all the QBs who may not have the biggest gun, but thrived on knowing where to get the ball and when.:miyagi: