PDA

View Full Version : Keeping it simple

The Spaz
05-28-2004, 08:07 AM
The Buffalo Bills think they are well on the way to taking the "dys" out of the functioning of their offense.
Quarterback Drew Bledsoe said Thursday he and his offensive mates have a pretty good grasp of their new offensive system after four full days of minicamp practices this week at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

"The thing I'm encouraged about at this point is we already seem as a team to be developing a good grasp of what we're doing conceptually," Bledsoe said. "Even at this early point, guys know stuff pretty cold and are able to go aggressively because of that. Some of the problems we had last year had to do with guys having a little confusion here and there. I think right now with a little bit of simplification in what we've done there seems to be a general understanding of what we're doing."

Simpler is better, the Bills hope, as they aim to rehabilitate last year's dysfunctional attack. A bunch of the option routes run by receivers in the scheme of coordinator Kevin Gilbride last season have been jettisoned from the playbook.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040528/1028144.asp?tbd1028144.asp

Kramer
05-28-2004, 08:19 AM
Exactly how the K-gun operated. Very simple offense that depended upon the athletic ability of its players. Kudos Mike!

ryjam282
05-28-2004, 08:36 AM
I agree, let the players skill show, don't make them think too much, let them produce.