PDA

View Full Version : Mularkey undecided about backup QBs

The Spaz
05-28-2004, 08:08 AM
The jury still is out on whether the Buffalo Bills are set at the quarterback position for the 2004 season.
Bills coach Mike Mularkey said Thursday no final decision has been made about pursuing another veteran to join the backup competition behind Drew Bledsoe.

"We're still discussing all positions, to be honest," Mularkey said. "We haven't ruled it out. It's an open question."

Barring injury, there is one open spot at the QB position. Bledsoe and first-round draft pick J.P. Losman will fill two of the three QB spots on the 53-man roster. Travis Brown currently is the lone veteran backup to Bledsoe. The Bills also have two young, undrafted prospects on the roster in Nathan Chandler and Greg Zolman.

Brown is entering his fifth season. If he is impressive enough this spring, particularly with his accuracy, he figures to lock up a roster spot. If not, the Bills have somewhat of a dilemma.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040528/1053272.asp?tbd1053272.asp

tomdonahoe
05-28-2004, 08:12 AM
Jeff Blake would be ideal.

Earthquake Enyart
05-28-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by tomdonahoe
Jeff Blake would be ideal.

:shakeno:

The Spaz
05-28-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
:shakeno:

Who else is out there for a backup QB? Not much 'll tell you that.

ryjam282
05-28-2004, 08:35 AM
I think Blake would be a great person to bring in. He is used to being a back-up so there would be no controversy. Plus, he could step in and produce if Drew ever went down.

I think it's a good idea Spaz.

ShadowHawk7
05-28-2004, 11:06 AM
Either him or Kordell would be suitable. I'm not so sure about Kordell, cuz he still wants to be a starter. :cynic: But he does have his Slash skills.

bills_7
05-28-2004, 11:07 AM
Tim Couch

then have couch and losman fight for the job when drew is gone

:jk:

but eh if we dont get couch i dont want to see any other QB's then the ones we have because it will only cause conterversy this is Drews yr...

and if drew gets hurt throw Losman in there.... i cant wait to see this guy play
we r paying him.... no reason why he should sit on the bench all yr

:couch:

ShadowHawk7
05-28-2004, 11:07 AM
How is Blake's character. We want a guy who won't complain at all if he gets no playing time, and is a good leader.

bills_7
05-28-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
How is Blake's character. We want a guy who won't complain at all if he gets no playing time, and is a good leader.

i dont want blake here either

drew is the man and if hes not throw Losman in there

The_Philster
05-28-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
From what I know, he fits the bill. :up: