PDA

View Full Version : Reason no one is going to the games!

Novacane
10-25-2002, 08:31 PM
Just finished home stand 1-2-1. They still can't score consistantly despite the new rules! GIve the fans a product worth paying for and they will be there. If not they won't.

Novacane
10-25-2002, 08:37 PM
One out of the 4 games we score more than 2 goals! Thats boring! We can't score and that has been our problem for years!
Can't expect Biron to hold them under 2 every game! Sabres will struggle to stay at .500 this year.

Novacane
10-25-2002, 08:41 PM
They drew 12,633 tonight. I think that is the best they can hope for until they start playing better. They have really played poorly after their 2-0 start.

Buffarama
10-25-2002, 09:15 PM
We need to show support regardless. Suck it up.

Novacane
10-26-2002, 08:47 AM
YOu can go ahead and suck it up if you want too. To tell other fans to buy tickets to an inferior product is not your right.

Facts are they were not good last year, they did nothing to improve the team, they raised ticket prices, and now fans are supposed to ante up and fork over the $$$ to keep em here. If you want to, than go right ahead. Just don't tell me to. I'm not going to buy tickets and by the looks of the attendance I'd say thousands of other Sabres fans feel the same way.

Ð
10-26-2002, 09:51 AM
Yep...it's the Blue Jays Syndrome

casdhf
10-26-2002, 11:22 AM
No one is going to invest in a bad team and no owner is going to spend money when no one goes to games....its a pretty stupid cycle

BironsGirl43
10-26-2002, 04:00 PM
Ok this is to the fans that have the money but don't want to go to the games.. because the Sabres "owe" them something.. to the ones acting like they are above everyone.. :angry:

If you aren't willing to show up for your team when they need you the most then you weren't a REAL fan to begin with.. honestly people with that "holier than thou" attitude.. and think that the Sabres owe them something are delusional.. they OWE you nothing.. the Sabres are a hockey and just that.. love 'em or hate 'em.. support them when you can and if you can.. I think it's horrible that you care more about money than keeping YOUR so-called team in town.. a fan supports their team through good times and bad.. if you only show up when they are winning.. that's called being a BANDWAGONER.. not a fan!! The Sabres can go 0-82-0-0 and I would still be there rooting for them regardless.. if you truly love this team (and I do).. you will make that sacrifice! The players are great guys.. the team is dedicated and hardworking.. win or lose.. I will be right there.. cheering till the horn sounds!!! And it sucks if you don't feel the same way I do.. it really does! :banme:

Novacane
10-26-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by BironsGirl43
Ok this is to the fans that have the money but don't want to go to the games.. because the Sabres "owe" them something.. to the ones acting like they are above everyone.. :angry:

If you aren't willing to show up for your team when they need you the most then you weren't a REAL fan to begin with.. honestly people with that "holier than thou" attitude.. and think that the Sabres owe them something are delusional.. they OWE you nothing.. the Sabres are a hockey and just that.. love 'em or hate 'em.. support them when you can and if you can.. I think it's horrible that you care more about money than keeping YOUR so-called team in town.. a fan supports their team through good times and bad.. if you only show up when they are winning.. that's called being a BANDWAGONER.. not a fan!! The Sabres can go 0-82-0-0 and I would still be there rooting for them regardless.. if you truly love this team (and I do).. you will make that sacrifice! The players are great guys.. the team is dedicated and hardworking.. win or lose.. I will be right there.. cheering till the horn sounds!!! And it sucks if you don't feel the same way I do.. it really does! :banme:

Have I said they "OWE" me anything? NO! They don't owe me anything and I don't owe them anything. The only ones with a "holier than thou" attitude are the ones who think they are better because they go to the games.

YOu don't have to go to the games to be a "real fan" That arguement is so stinking lame!

If you read my posts I never said I will only show up if they win! I don't think this team comes to play every night. When they prove differant I will start going to games.

BTW...........I doubt these "Great Guys" are gonna be heart broken if this team moves. They get paid no matter where the team plays.

BironsGirl43
10-26-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6

Have I said they "OWE" me anything? NO! They don't owe me anything and I don't owe them anything. The only ones with a "holier than thou" attitude are the ones who think they are better because they go to the games.

YOu don't have to go to the games to be a "real fan" That arguement is so stinking lame!

If you read my posts I never said I will only show up if they win! I don't think this team comes to play every night. When they prove differant I will start going to games.

BTW...........I doubt these "Great Guys" are gonna be heart broken if this team moves. They get paid no matter where the team plays.

You didn't say they owed you anything?? you said..
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
GIve the fans a product worth paying for and they will be there. If not they won't.

That's basically saying they owe you a "product worth paying for"

I don't have that attitude.. as a matter of fact.. I'm just saying that if you do follow this team.. live in Buffalo.. have money.. know about the financial troubles and the empty arena.. knowing full well you could lose them.. why not do something to make a difference? because if everyone felt the way you do.. NO ONE would show up.. and I never said that going to games makes you a fan.. but supporting the team when they need you is what makes you a fan.. you've twisted my words around!

And sorry if you didn't actually say the "you'll show up when they win" thing.. but from what I read.. it seemed like you were implying it..

and I know some of the players will be sad to leave Buffalo.. their home.. fans of a long time and a place where they spend much of their time and have become familiar with is here.. you know for some people it isn't all about the money.. you shouldn't always throw that back in people's face.. you don't know how they feel either

Novacane
10-26-2002, 05:41 PM
BG..................I am just stating a fact when I said Give the fans a good product and they will be at the games. The Sabres are a business and that is how any business works.

Some will go just because they love hockey. If they want to get fans in the seats who are just Sabre fans but not hockey lovers than they have to win. Thats just the way it is. I personally do not love hockey but do enjoy it. I know we don't have the most talented team so I don't have to see them winning all the time to go to games. As I stated in my last post I just see to many guys on this team who come to play one night and then just loaf around the next. If they loose and put in a good effort I am satified. If they loose because they did not try their best I get pissed and I think this team does that to often.

BTW............you are right. Many players have family around here and would not want to leave. To most though this is a business and they will go where the paycheck goes.

Buffarama
10-26-2002, 07:23 PM
This thread wouldn't be here B2R6 if not for the Sabres. If you think holding back from buying a ticket at this point in time will yield a better product on the ice you are wrong.
If you're not a fan why do you post here. If you are a fan why don't you support the team. Your personal boycott isn't accomplishing anything.

Novacane
10-26-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Buffarama

If you're not a fan why do you post here. If you are a fan why don't you support the team. Your personal boycott isn't accomplishing anything.

How many times do I have to say this! You do not have to go to the games to be a "True Fan"

I have been a season ticket holder to the Bills for 11 years. I do not consider myself a "better fan" than people who have
never been to a game! That is a ridiculas agruement!

By that arguement I guess there are room for only 17,000 "TRUE Sabre fans" since that is all MMA holds.

Novacane
10-26-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Buffarama
Your personal boycott isn't accomplishing anything.

I don't consider this some personal boycott! Obviously thousands of other WNY fans are fed up with the way the sabres have been run to or else the arena would be full. Either that or Buffalo is not big enough to support an NHL team.

Buffarama
10-26-2002, 09:09 PM
Rochester has never lost to Pittsburgh.
I guess we should stop supporting the Sabres now.
You're right. What was I thinking. Let's show how tough we are as fans, and stop going to the games.

Novacane
10-26-2002, 09:27 PM
Thats just being dumb! You don't listen to a thing I say.