PDA

View Full Version : Who are we gonna be throwing to when the season rolls around?

ShadowHawk7
05-29-2004, 06:16 PM
We have great depth in our recieving core now. Reports of excellent workouts and offseasons, increased speed, catching, and strength, keep coming in for various players. We have 15 Wr's and Te's right now. We'll probably have 9 to 10 by the final cuts. Who do you think will stay, and who'll get trashed? :idea: Pick a maximum of 10 players from the following list. They would be your recieving corps for season 2004.

WRs:
[list=1]
Eric Moulds
Josh Reed
Bobby Shaw
Sam Aiken
Clarence Coleman
Antonio Brown
Jerel Meyers
Lee Evans
Jonathan Smith
Kevin Beard
[/list=1]

TEs:
[list=1]
Mark Campbell
Ryan Nuefeld
Travis Trafford
Tim Euhus
Jason Peters
[/list=1]

I'd cut Trafford, Meyers, and Beard. Then I'd sign Smith and Nuefeld to the PS. I'm debating if I'd keep Nuefeld and sign Peters to the PS, b/c Nuefeld has experience. Everyone else, I'd sign to the active roster.

The_Philster
05-29-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
Then I'd sign Smith and Nuefeld to the PS. I'm debating if I'd keep Nuefeld and sign Peters to the PS, b/c Nuefeld has experience. Everyone else, I'd sign to the active roster.

Neufeld isn't eligible for the practice squad

ShadowHawk7
05-29-2004, 07:00 PM
Why not?

The_Philster
05-29-2004, 07:01 PM
Why not?

He's been in the league and active too long

Bled2Hen
05-29-2004, 07:42 PM
KEEPS

WR's:

Eric Moulds

Josh Reed

Bobby Shaw

Sam Aiken

Clarence Coleman

Lee Evans

TEs:

Mark Campbell

Ryan Nuefeld

Tim Euhus

Jason Peters

TRASHED:

TE-Travis Trafford

WR'S

Jonathan Smith
Kevin Beard
Antonio Brown
Jerel Meyers

DraftBoy
05-29-2004, 07:49 PM
WRs:

Eric Moulds

Josh Reed

Bobby Shaw

Sam Aiken

Clarence Coleman

Antonio Brown

Jerel Meyers-CUT

Lee Evans

Jonathan Smith-PRACTICE SQUAD

Kevin Beard-PRACTICE SQUAD

TEs:

Mark Campbell

Ryan Nuefeld-CUT

Travis Trafford-CUT

Tim Euhus

Jason Peters

ShadowHawk7
05-29-2004, 08:23 PM
that sounds good.

DraftBoy
05-29-2004, 09:05 PM
that sounds good.

what does?

The Spaz
05-29-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
what does?

Maybe your choices.:idunno:

ShadowHawk7
05-29-2004, 09:26 PM
Just maybe, lol.

The Spaz
05-29-2004, 09:28 PM
Just maybe, lol.

:up:

ShadowHawk7
05-29-2004, 09:31 PM
It seems our concensus seems to be the same, with the only variant being if we should release Nuefeld over Brown or Smith. :genius:

DraftBoy
05-29-2004, 09:38 PM
Neufeld doesnt bring anything to the table that Euhus or Peters cant do better IMO. Brown and Smith bring speed and KR abilities which Neufeld cant do.

Goobylal
05-29-2004, 10:16 PM
Neufeld doesnt bring anything to the table that Euhus or Peters cant do better IMO. Brown and Smith bring speed and KR abilities which Neufeld cant do.
Neufeld brings experience. He entered the NFL in 1999. He's also fast (4.6 40-yard), an excellent blocker, and has good hands. That's why the Bills will find it hard to cut him.

DraftBoy
05-29-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Goobylal

Neufeld brings experience. He entered the NFL in 1999. He's also fast (4.6 40-yard), an excellent blocker, and has good hands. That's why the Bills will find it hard to cut him.

Euhus is a pass receiving TE with near the same 40 time and good hands. Peters is a huge TE who just needs to stand their and be a good blocker.

These two make up for Neufeld easily IMO.

Goobylal
05-29-2004, 10:45 PM

Euhus is a pass receiving TE with near the same 40 time and good hands. Peters is a huge TE who just needs to stand their and be a good blocker.

These two make up for Neufeld easily IMO.
They're rookies and NEITHER is as fast as Neufeld, nor are they as complete a player, yet. The Bills will likely keep all 4.

mypoorfriendme
05-29-2004, 10:49 PM
i think neufield deserves to make the team just because last year, when counted on, he stepped up. obviously trafford is gone, but id like to see our other TE's stay. as far as recievers, i think meyers, brown, and beard are for sure gone; but there i think smith or coleman can atleast contribute to our return game. whoever gets beat out, gets on the practice team or cut.

ShadowHawk7
05-30-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Goobylal

I think we'll be able to see if Nuefeld is nessessary or not thru the preseason this year. But if those stats are true, we should indeed keep him. Smith and Brown go to the PS. Mcgee, and Coleman get KR duties, and battle for PR duties.

Goobylal
05-30-2004, 07:05 AM

I think we'll be able to see if Nuefeld is nessessary or not thru the preseason this year. But if those stats are true, we should indeed keep him. Smith and Brown go to the PS. Mcgee, and Coleman get KR duties, and battle for PR duties.
I have the PFW draft issue from 1999. It said he ran a 4.6 40-yard, and at 6'4" and 250#, that's pretty good. Last pre-season he showed great hands, and was an excellent blocker during the season. I don't know why he wasn't used more, but given that Gilbride wouldn't know a good TE if he bit him on the arse, I'll wait to see what Neufeld can do THIS pre-season before I say he's a goner. Until then he's #2 on the depth chart.

DraftBoy
05-30-2004, 09:40 AM

Brown cant go PS. Played too much last season. Coleman I dont think would be decent on KR, assuming he even makes the team as he is no lock either. McGee could do it. I just see Euhus as a better receiver than Neufeld. Peter with his body size could be a better blocker. Its gonna be a huge battle but I doubt we carry 4 TE's one of Euhus or Peters will be PS.

BillsOverDolphins
05-30-2004, 11:32 AM
we should keep Beard...something about those UM players that makes them great pros...sign him and have him return punts/kickoffs

DraftBoy
05-30-2004, 12:20 PM
Id like him as a Practice Squad guy for this season

ShadowHawk7
05-30-2004, 01:00 PM
Brown cant go PS. Played too much last season. Coleman I dont think would be decent on KR, assuming he even makes the team as he is no lock either. McGee could do it. I just see Euhus as a better receiver than Neufeld. Peter with his body size could be a better blocker. Its gonna be a huge battle but I doubt we carry 4 TE's one of Euhus or Peters will be PS.

I doubt we'd put our 4th round pick on the PS, which leaves Peters out, which would suck. I think we could definetly survive w/ Coleman at KR. He didn't return any for touchdowns, but he had solid returns in the preseason, but he was overshadowed by Brown. Coleman, Brown, Smith, the other WRs, and prolly Nuefeld and maybe Aiken will all depend on how their preseason goes, if they want to stick around. They are all fighting for 3 or 4 roster spots. It'll be interesting to see who wins out. Last preseason, Coleman and Burns beat out the odds as undrafted FAs, and were our studs of the preseason and made the team.

ShadowHawk7
05-30-2004, 01:02 PM
Id like him as a Practice Squad guy for this season

I wouldn't mind that either, I don't know anyhting bout him, so I assumed him as cannon fodder. Does anyone have stats or bios on this guy?

The_Philster
05-30-2004, 01:04 PM
I wouldn't mind that either, I don't know anyhting bout him, so I assumed him as cannon fodder. Does anyone have stats or bios on this guy?

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/playerpage.cfm?player_id=122548
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/kevin_beard

DraftBoy
05-30-2004, 01:26 PM

I doubt we'd put our 4th round pick on the PS, which leaves Peters out, which would suck. I think we could definetly survive w/ Coleman at KR. He didn't return any for touchdowns, but he had solid returns in the preseason, but he was overshadowed by Brown. Coleman, Brown, Smith, the other WRs, and prolly Nuefeld and maybe Aiken will all depend on how their preseason goes, if they want to stick around. They are all fighting for 3 or 4 roster spots. It'll be interesting to see who wins out. Last preseason, Coleman and Burns beat out the odds as undrafted FAs, and were our studs of the preseason and made the team.

Id go as far as to say anybody beyond:

Moulds
Reed
Evans
Campbell

Is fighting for a roster spot. Those are the only guaranteed ones I see. From WR/TE guys

ShadowHawk7
05-30-2004, 01:45 PM
Agreed. Training camp and preseason can't start soon enough. We're gonna have some of the best roster competition we've seen in awhile.

B-DON
05-30-2004, 02:31 PM
WRs:

Eric Moulds

Josh Reed

Bobby Shaw

Sam Aiken

Clarence Coleman

Antonio Brown

Jerel Meyers-CUT

Lee Evans

TEs:

Mark Campbell

Ryan Nuefeld-CUT

Travis Trafford-CUT

Tim Euhus

Jason Peters

exactly how i would do it, i guess great minds think alike

B-DON
05-30-2004, 02:39 PM
beard and smith hopefully go to the practice squad and if peters doesnt make the 52(i think thats the number) man roster than put him on ps to but i see him making the team

DraftBoy
05-30-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by B-DON

:beers: :cheers:

bills_7
05-30-2004, 03:26 PM
Eric Moulds

Josh Reed

Bobby Shaw

Sam Aiken

Clarence Coleman

Antonio Brown

Jerel Meyers-CUT

Lee Evans

TEs:

Mark Campbell

Ryan Nuefeld-CUT

Travis Trafford-CUT

Tim Euhus

Jason Peters

Originally posted by B-DON

I also agree with this list

AB hopefully will make the cut, it would be a big mistake if he doesnt

TigerJ
05-30-2004, 04:08 PM
I'd be shocked if Buffalo kept more than 9 WRs and TEs. Eight is more likely. The fifth WR never gets on the field unless he returns kicks, and teams hardly ever keep more than three TEs.

WRs:
Eric Moulds - keep

Josh Reed - keep

Bobby Shaw - keep

Sam Aiken - probably keep

Clarence Coleman - has to clearly beat out Sam Aiken in preseason or give Buffalo a reason to keep six WRs or he'll get cut

Antonio Brown - cut (unless he does something really special in preseason) If he does manage to keep a roster spot, it will likely be at the expense of Coleman

Jerel Meyers - cut

Lee Evans - keep

Jonathan Smith - listed as a RB where he might have a better chance of making the team, but more likely a practice squad member

Kevin Beard - a chance to make the practice squad

TEs:
Mark Campbell - keep

Ryan Nuefeld - Buffalo will keep him if they think they can sneak Peters on to the practice squad without having another team sigh him. If they believe another team will sign Peters, they'll cut Nuefeld. Reasoning: Campbell and Euhus are givens, Campbell as the incumbent starter and Euhus as a draft choice. Buffalo would rather not have rookies for two out of their three TEs, but believe Peters has enough upside they would keep him on their active roster if they felt there was a real chance of losing him if they put him on the practice squad

Travis Trafford - cut

Tim Euhus - keep

Jason Peters - see explanation above

B-DON
05-30-2004, 04:33 PM
peters is a lock, i gaurantee it