PDA

View Full Version : What position are the Bills glaringly weak at?

BillsOverDolphins
05-30-2004, 02:15 PM
Looks to me that the Bills don't have too much holding them back, only a few weak spots.

possible ones, want your thoughts too:

QB- this is up in the air, but with a new coaching staff I like Bledsoe's bounce-back chances, however I remain cautiously optimistic.

FS-Reese and Prioleau aren't great, but do they really hurt us?...maybe, maybe not.

LDE- ok, we NEED somebody to step up bigtime, be it Denney, Kelsay, anyone.

Center-god help us here, probably our weakest spot, and most important IMO.

say we pick up Robbins with the june 1st cuts, what other position is weak enough to hinder the Bills?

your thoughts?

Goobylal
05-30-2004, 02:21 PM
I'd say FS is weak, but it won't be any weaker than last year, and the Bills' defense still was #2 in yards and #5 in points allowed. I'd like to see a better one, because that could help put the defense over the top. On offense I remain optimistic that McNally will get the most out of his charges, and he said that this is the most talent he's had to work with in the NFL. However unless you have all-pros at certains positions, you can stand to upgrade everywhere else.

ScottLawrence
05-30-2004, 02:49 PM
LDE, FS, OG, and OC.

DraftBoy
05-30-2004, 03:17 PM
FS-Our biggest weakness along with OC but both can be fixed after June 1st with C Barret Robbins and FS Zack Bronson.

bills_7
05-30-2004, 03:28 PM
FS - I think has to be addressed

OL - center needed, maybe robbins but i would not want to take the chance on him

SABURZFAN
05-30-2004, 04:26 PM
i think our Special Teams needs a little work too.

DraftBoy
05-30-2004, 05:03 PM
I think we should be ok defensively and if April can help Brown find his footing (literally and figuratively) then we should be ok on both sides.

The_Philster
05-30-2004, 06:26 PM
Center

BigZ
05-30-2004, 09:03 PM
Center, LDE, special teams

ShadowHawk7
05-30-2004, 11:24 PM
Im fine w/ special teams. While our returns weren't amazing, our coverage teams were ranked near the top of the league i think. I'm also willing to wait one more season for Denney to come around, and I think Kelsay should have a solid 2nd year. FS could be a problem, and Zach Bronson could be a playmaker in all ready vaunting secondary. I'm all up for signing him. We could use more talent yet in the interior, and Middleton would be a good addition at G.

Dozerdog
05-30-2004, 11:37 PM
Glaringly weak?

None-

But there are positions that do need some improvement.

TigerJ
05-30-2004, 11:49 PM
If Kelsay doesn't step up (I've already written Denney off as a pass rusher) then Buffalo's weakness at LDE is pretty glaring. Other than that, I think their weaknesses are marginal (center and free safety).

B-DON
05-31-2004, 12:46 AM
if we get bronson our defense will be scary

BillsFanInMass
05-31-2004, 07:37 AM
rb only kidding. I think left DE.

Kramer
05-31-2004, 11:16 AM
I think it is center. However, I like Teagues chances a lot more with McNally coaching him. Nevertheless, there is only so much that a OL coach can do so let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that Teague learns to shotgun snap!

ScottLawrence
05-31-2004, 02:59 PM
Im hoping we sign Middleton if he is cut..... IMO, LG is the biggest position of need.

ShadowHawk7
05-31-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by B-DON
if we get bronson our defense will be scary

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
Im hoping we sign Middleton if he is cut..... IMO, LG is the biggest position of need.

Agreed to both, yet we should probably only one of them, and work on resigning Schobel or Jennings. Williams can be resigned next year w/o too much trouble.

BillsRockSOMUCH
05-31-2004, 04:49 PM
Definately Center, I'd love to bring in Barrett Robbins.

Bled2Hen
05-31-2004, 05:14 PM
IMHO Coy Wire got FS on lock! I think he is going to have a great season. LDE, I really think that my man Kelsey will step up big in that position. So, I would have to say Center.

ShadowHawk7
05-31-2004, 05:52 PM
I like Coy Wire and everything, but to me, he hasn't proven anything but his tackling ability. He got schooled by Tim Euhus, a TE, in a OTA. That can't be good when he's gonna be covering recievers. I believe Wire will be good one day, and I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think he quite ready to be a starting FS. Bronson would solidify that position, though, I'd rather sign Middleton to bolster the line.