• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-DON
    hi
    • Mar 2004

Ty Law Holdin Out?

I just heard John Clayton on espnews and he said the Ty Law situation is ugly. He also said expect a long holdout and an ugly ending. Sounds good to me!!!!!!:dolfelon:
  • bills_7
    TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
    • Mar 2004

thats good to hear

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

the Pats would be better off trying to get rid of him.they have a nice team assembled to have one guy become a disruption.the Pats are much bigger than ty law.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Looks like they are taking a hard ass approach to this, here's hoping it bites them in the ass!
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
          the Pats would be better off trying to get rid of him.they have a nice team assembled to have one guy become a disruption.the Pats are much bigger than ty law.
          The only problem is that Ty Law, outside of Richard Seymour, is their best defensive player and their best DB by far. Otherwise he would have been released already.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

Law has already said he isn't holding out, and he would be there for training camp. He would forego a $1M reporting bonus if he holds out. Like Ty says, he gotta eat.

Comment

• Schobel94
              The Sack Master
              • Jan 2003

Since when does you believe anything that a player says? He has enough money, its not like if he holds out he'll have to live in a box. I don't think he'll play, and he'll be traded eventually after camp when it becomes clear he isn't fooling around.
              Beware the sack master!

Comment

• B-DON
                hi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by NE39
                Law has already said he isn't holding out, and he would be there for training camp. He would forego a $1M reporting bonus if he holds out. Like Ty says, he gotta eat.
                ;law said this months ago, maybe he changed hid mind about things

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                  • Jul 2003

Law is a smart guy, this isn't personal to him. It is merely about the contract.

Why would Law walk away from $7M? That is an awful lot of money. Why would the Patriot get rid of him at this point? It makes no sense from either perspective, and amounts to nothing more than wishful thinking on the part of some opposing fans.

In fact, the claim that Clayton has reported this has no basis. There isn't a link anywhere, and if he did report it nobody else has picked it up (including in the Boston area, where it would surely be newsworthy). The whole "report" that was the basis of this thread is false.

See this link:

It reads:

CB Ty Law was back on television last week, appearing on Boston's WBZ-TV in an interview with Steve Burton, and sounds like he is prepared to play in New England despite his public desire to move elsewhere.

"I love the Patriots," he began. "I love my teammates, my fans, playing for them. That's the only team I know. I also understand that this is a business and that I can't always have my way. I'm going to go out there and play my heart out just like I always do. Just because I have a problem with Coach Belichick and Scott Pioli doesn't mean I have a problem with the organization as a whole. If I had my druthers, I would retire here."

Law said his next face-to-face meeting with Belichick would be just like any other. "(I'll say) 'Hey. What's up Bill? How you doing?' and shake his hand and acknowledge him as a head coach trying to defend his championship."

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                    • Jul 2003

BTW, those you you interested in reading the transcript of Law's interview on WBZ on 5/23/04 can find it here.

Interestingly, Law's agent is sounding like he would like to reconcile the differences between Law and the team. This article covers an interview Law's agent, Carl Poston, had recently on WEEI (the local sports radio station). In it, he seems to by trying to get back to the bargaining table to discuss working out a contract extension. He states:

"Ty has been a Patriot ever since he's been in the league," Poston said. "He became a great player in that system, in that organization. And the way I look at it, if it's not broke, don't fix it."
                    Poston and Law will continue to use whatever edge they can. So will the Patriots. And in the end, they'll get a deal done, because it makes too much sense not to.
                    "If I were the Patriots, I would want to restructure a contract for Ty Law," he said. "You've got a player that's happy, you've got a team that's happy, and you can pretty much be reloading to win the championship again."

I hope he can work it out.

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

Obviously something changed from 5/23 to just a few days ago, if Clayton felt the need to report it. I guess we'll see, but frankly I'm not surprised at this, and I can't see Law playing for Belichick this year.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

Well, he reported to minicamp. If he were holding out, why would he go to minicamp?

Article:

Law on hand for camp
                        10 Jun 04 / by Bryan Morry

The Ty Law watch is over. The Patriots four-time Pro Bowl cornerback is in Foxborough for the team's mandatory mini-camp.

Law, who has expressed his displeasure with the organization for contract-related reasons, said throughout the offseason that he would be on hand for mandatory team activities.

It's not uncommon; however, for players with contract issues to skip a mini-camp to make a statement. But Law will work out with the rest of his teammates during the team's lone mandatory mini-camp, which officially kicks off today and runs through Saturday.

Following the camp, veteran players are excused until the start of training camp. The first public practices are scheduled for July 29, but the official reporting date has not yet been announced. Players with offseason workout bonuses who have not fulfilled the required number of workouts to earn their incentive may also remain following the camp to earn that money. Rookies also will continue their offseason program until later this month.

Law would have been subjected to a $1,000 per day fine had he boycotted the camp.

The Patriots also will convene at owner Robert Kraft's home on Sunday, June 13 to receive their Super Bowl Championship rings before participating in the Patriots Charitable Foundation Golf Tournament at Belmont Country Club on Monday.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          Looks like they are taking a hard ass approach to this, here's hoping it bites them in the ass!
                          hopefully it bites both of them in the ass.. i dont want players to think he is doing the right thing.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                          X