PDA

View Full Version : GW answers questions...

Romes
07-25-2002, 10:10 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=115583

This is what he had to say on Germany:
"He came on strong at the end of last year. It's unfortunate that his injury developed into a thing where our people felt that it was a more significant injury than they first diagnosed. He's going to have some time to get back into form and hopefully he'll still be ours. Very few people are claimed off that particular listing, and he'll be back in the fall with us. You saw his interest and his intent on wanting to be a Buffalo Bill as he was standing out there this morning watching and listening and learning. He'll be back into our meeting process and get a chance to rehab and get healthy so he can get back to playing ball the way he needs to play."

My understanding of the whole Germany situation, as I have read many articles online, is that during the physical the Bills realized that Germany could be out the whole season. Therefore they waived him. Meaning that any team can claim Germany until the time that the regular season starts. Once the season starts and if no one has claimed Germany remains a Bill but is automatically put on the Injured Reserve (IR) list meaning he cannot PLAY for the Bills for the entire year, however he can workout and practice. Since Germany is damaged goods right now it is unlikely that any other team will pick him up. This means everyone should expect Germany to be placed on the IR, once the season roles around, and see him in a Bills uniform next year.

Other than Germany, GW talks about Flowers status, says he has worked out well over the offseason, but they have learned that he needs to be watched closely by Rusty Jones because he often works himself into the ground during this time of year and is underwieght by the time the season roles around.

GW also mentions Curtis Alexander, among other things, that he will basically have to make the team on special teams but he makes the team deeper at an already deep position. He said he liked him a lot last year and is anxious to see him play this year.

Novacane
07-25-2002, 10:17 PM
I heard on WRG that Germany stayed around and watched practice because if no team picks him up they are going put him on IR? Do they have to wait until the season starts? I thought it was 24 hours?

Romes
07-25-2002, 10:21 PM
From what I understand, the IR thing is automatic. When the waiver claim expires is something I'm not quite sure of. Whether it is 24 hours or the start of the season it still is unlikely anyother team will pick him up.

Romes
07-25-2002, 10:42 PM
Yes, I just read that it is a 24 hour period. I was wrong before.

Dozerdog
07-25-2002, 11:04 PM
Other questions asked at the press conference-(but not mentioned in the article)

"Greg- if you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?"

GW-"tough one... I would say Ash... because I heard a lot of fans in the stadium last season call me that - 'hey, look at the big Ash coaching this team', .... 'I can't beleive that Ash is punting on 4th and inches' ... stuff like that"

"Coach Williams, How long have you been a white football coach?"

GW-"Well, I've been in coaching 15 years total, and have been white for, ummmm, at least 5-6 years that I can recollect.."

"Where's Mike Williams?"

GW- "Holding out for a Buffett table"

Sabre Ally
07-25-2002, 11:09 PM
:rofl:

Pride
07-26-2002, 10:46 AM
"'I can't beleive that Ash is punting on 4th and inches' "

LOL!!!!!!!!!

Earthquake Enyart
07-26-2002, 12:55 PM
Wish someone would ask him why his name has 3 g's.

BuffaloBalls
07-26-2002, 01:07 PM
Because three G's are better than two.