PDA

View Full Version : More proof that no one in journalism knows anything about sports

Stewie
10-26-2002, 12:36 AM
I just saw this blurb in ESPN and thought I'd share

blah blah blah ... Speaking of the New Orleans secondary, which remains a suspect element of the team, its most valuable performer right now might be Ken Irvin. The eighth-year veteran, signed as an unrestricted free agent this summer, looked awful at times in the preseason. But he has played lights-put in replacing the suspended Dale Carter in the lineup and just might get a contract extension. Some Raiders officials wanted to sign Irvin in the offseason, but then the team drafted Phillip Buchanan in the first round, and lost interest in him. With all the injuries Oakland has encountered at cornerback, the team would kill to have Irvin on the roster now ... blah blah blah

:lolcry: Ken Irvin

lordofgun
10-26-2002, 01:22 AM
:lol:

Thanks for the laugh!

Ingtar33
10-26-2002, 01:24 AM
Actually they’re right. I've caught a little of the NO games and he is playing "lights out." I think he has an INT, and I’ve seen him bat down numerous pass. He looks like the best guy in there secondary right now. It seems like the move the NO has done him some good. Truthfully I'd like him back; he was a better #3 CB than Watson is... and considering the injury to Winfield...

ublinkwescore
10-26-2002, 02:19 AM
I've always thought that Irvin was at worst solid. I don't know why we got rid of Henry Jones either he wasn't great, but he was good, and very solid.

THATHURMANATOR
10-26-2002, 02:44 AM
Have you watched him play so far this year? He is playing very well!!!!

don137
10-26-2002, 05:17 AM
I don't think Irvin played any worse last year than Watson is this year. I felt Irvin was awful last year especially against Miami. I am happy for him in NO. He is a class act.

The_Philster
10-26-2002, 08:34 AM
He simply seemed to lose his confidence last year when he got demoted to nickel back....he had been playing pretty well before that, I thought.

Novacane
10-26-2002, 08:40 AM
Good for Irvin! There was no reason to keep him here. HE had become horrible. Perhaps it was loss of confidence.

Stewie
10-26-2002, 10:06 AM
I have to say, I also think Irvin is a class act. That being said, I don't think he was even an average corner in Buffalo, so if he's doing well now, I say good for him, but good riddance...

TigerJ
10-26-2002, 09:44 PM
Wasn't the book on Irvin that he is better suited to playing zone? With Buffalo's theoretical desire to play a 46 D with a lot of man coverage, he was supposed to be out of his element. At any rate, he is a class act. I'm glad he's helping out another former Bill, Jim Haslet.