PDA

View Full Version : Its June 1st - Anyone get cut yet??

casdhf
06-01-2004, 11:37 AM
Any news?

Ebenezer
06-01-2004, 11:41 AM
Clump can correct me but I believe the "June 1st" cuts actually start on June 2. jk

Not only that but teams can release a player anytime after 6/1 to save the money...many won't make cuts unless they know they are going to sign somebody else or they just want to save the money outright...there is no push, they are not paying anybody yet.

The Bills should be making no cuts.

Kramer
06-01-2004, 11:44 AM
I hope Barrett Robins gets cut and we pick him up. He may be nuttier than a jar of peanut butter but he is a damn good center and bipolar is easily treatable. Like I said on another post, my cousin is bipolar and she is 100% normal as long as she takes her meds.

Ickybaluky
06-01-2004, 11:46 AM
In order to be able to push the amortization of signing bonus off until next year, the cut has to take place after the close of the NFL offices. Thus, any release can't be announced until after 4 p.m. (EST).

You might here of a player or two being waived tonight.

Ebenezer
06-01-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Clump can correct me but I believe the "June 1st" cuts actually start on June 2. jk

Originally posted by NE39
In order to be able to push the amortization of signing bonus off until next year, the cut has to take place after the close of the NFL offices. Thus, any release can't be announced until after 4 p.m. (EST).

holy crap...I was right...:eek:

Mr. Miyagi
06-01-2004, 01:38 PM
Like every other year, the June 1st cut date is just another overly anticipated disappointment.

LtBillsFan66
06-01-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Like every other year, the June 1st cut date is just another overly antipated disappointment.

Yep.

BillsFanInMass
06-01-2004, 02:54 PM
im disappointed already

Canadian'eh!
06-01-2004, 04:44 PM
Warner has been released...... he's the first i guess. asper espn.com's news wire.

ShadowHawk7
06-01-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by NE39

You might here of a player or two being waived tonight.

WTF?! It's 3 effin minutes after 4!!! Where are all the !@#$%^ cuts?! This effin sucks !#@$!!!

:jk:

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Like every other year, the June 1st cut date is just another overly anticipated disappointment.

Agreed