06-02-2004, 11:01 AM
Big names out there:

Trotter and Gildon. Hmmmm.....

juice
06-02-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Big names out there:

Trotter and Gildon. Hmmmm.....

How about using Posey at DE for his pass rushing ability in some sets and bring Gildon in since the FO people are familiar with him?

B-DON
06-02-2004, 11:06 AM
for the right price gildon could be a helluva blitzer him and posey could battle it out, trotter is a chump now or maybe arrington just overshadowed him but either way i hope we stat away from trotter

Mr. Miyagi
06-02-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by juice
How about using Posey at DE for his pass rushing ability in some sets and bring Gildon in since the FO people are familiar with him?
Not a bad idea, but I think Gildon's price will be very high.

justasportsfan
06-02-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Re: Too bad we don't need LBs that's good problem to have. I'd rather we spend the money on a DE or a proven center or resign Shobel or Pat.

Canadian'eh!
06-02-2004, 11:42 AM
I'm all for bringing Gildon in. Pass rush in a bottle. He might come cheaper than you think, as he is over 30 and i wouldn't expect he has more than 2-3 good years left.

I hear Zona might already be knocking down his door.

BillsOwnAll
06-02-2004, 02:30 PM
Why is that a bad thing. Your saying our 's are better so who cares? ....i dont get it.

mypoorfriendme
06-02-2004, 02:38 PM
gildon, trotter and cowart all could be released meaning someone like the browns or cardinals who dont have really any bonified starters could get an entire new line backing corpse. of course, i do wish we can pick up gildon because he could be that pass rushing end we need. denney already makes a good run stuffer and so on third down we could just put gildon out there. im just scared some team is going to be willing to offer more money and a starting role.

superbills
06-02-2004, 02:48 PM
I say we float some numbers over to Gildon and see if he bites. It can't hurt and if he comes in at the right price he could either be a solid outside rusher, or light a fire under Posey's butt to step it up.

Call it just a feeling, but I think TD will get it done
TD :secret: SuperBills

Voltron
06-02-2004, 02:58 PM
We need what money we have to sign Jennings, Schobel or Williams this season. We also can't forget that if McGahee doesn't work out we need TH back! I won't even get into Nate Clemmons. :shakeno:

I would hate to see some of you on payday blowing your money all over the place and forgetting that the mortgage is do next week :snicker:

juice
06-14-2004, 09:13 PM
Is Gildon visiting Buffalo Now?

Tatonka
06-14-2004, 09:23 PM
you can never have too many good lbs..

we do have two young guys that i am really high on too and cant wait to watch in the preseason.. stamer and crowell.

B-DON
06-14-2004, 10:46 PM
i think crowell could be special

G. Host
06-15-2004, 08:30 AM
IMO the way you win is by developing your own talent and only bringing in vets when you have shown that you are unable to develop them. I think bringing in veteran LBs who just will be signing for higher minimum salaries is a waste of money!

Patrick76777
06-15-2004, 08:33 AM
3 years ago, the Pats went out and signed a boatload of vet FA's that nobody else wanted. They just won 2 SB's in those 3 years.

If the price is right sign him!

Let's win with Defense. Load up baby.

Mr. Miyagi
06-15-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by G. Host
IMO the way you win is by developing your own talent and only bringing in vets when you have shown that you are unable to develop them. I think bringing in veteran LBs who just will be signing for higher minimum salaries is a waste of money!
Two years ago our defense was ranked like 29th or something. Then we brought in Takeo, Big Sam, and Lawyer. Our defense was #2 last season. Was it a waste of money?

I wouldn't want to break the bank for Gildon. But if he comes reasonable, bring him on board. :up:

BigZ
06-15-2004, 09:05 AM
Gildon and Posey would make a great third down pass rushing combo as long as Gideon comes cheap.

I think we're going to have a special team this year but I don't think we're SB bound.

Not the time to go back into salary cap jail!