PDA

View Full Version : First rounders are being signed....

SoCalBillsFan
07-25-2002, 10:12 PM
Philip Buchanon (raiders), John Henderson (Jags) and Levi Jones (Bengals) all agreed to contracts today and will be in camp tomorrow. I gotta hope the same will happen with big Mike tomorow.

I have to admit, I like what Levi Jones had to say: "This is a dream that I've had for a long time," Jones said, "and I wanted to make sure I gave myself a chance to fulfill it. There are too many things I have to learn and I didn't want to be late. The money is fair and I'm ready to play football now."

I hope Mike Williams is thinking along the same lines. I really want to see him in camp

Novacane
07-25-2002, 10:20 PM
I hope the big guy does not get greedy! He should be in camp soon. (Hoping)

Pride
07-26-2002, 09:49 AM
Nowadays players should start looking to taking a lower pay so when the cap gets tight, they are not on the list to be cut. Someday that will sink in!

lordofgun
07-26-2002, 09:55 AM
I don't think that will ever set in. :wail:

bduff54
07-26-2002, 10:03 AM
why would they care about being cut??? it's not like a guy who is making 8 million a year cant' find a job somewhere else. if you are making tht kind of money you are obviously good an can play for any team in the league

don137
07-26-2002, 06:27 PM
I agree with Bduff. Plus if you are a first round choice you get a nice signing bonus. Look at Ryan Leaf, I believe he received a nice 10 or 11 million dollar signing bonus. He sucked but he is set for life.