PDA

View Full Version : Giants Sign Warner

justasportsfan
06-03-2004, 08:50 AM
http://www.foxsports.com/

Two-time NFL MVP Kurt Warner signed with the New York Giants in a move that gives the team a veteran quarterback in case top draft pick Eli Manning is not ready to start this season. The quarterback is scheduled to hold an afternoon news conference.

Michael82
06-03-2004, 08:53 AM
Oh that is sweet! We now have whiny Eli Manning and Brenda Warner in NYC, where the media is the worst! :snicker:

I can't wait to hear the whining in the NY Daily News and the NY Post and the other NY rags. :snicker:

elltrain22
06-03-2004, 08:54 AM
I hope he can turn it around. Warner is a great guy, and he is very easy to root for.

justasportsfan
06-03-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Mikey82
Oh that is sweet! We now have whiny Eli Manning and Brenda Warner in NYC, where the media is the worst! :snicker:

I can't wait to hear the whining in the NY Daily News and the NY Post and the other NY rags. :snicker: If anything, I'd like to see what the NY media has to say about his wife. Kurt is cool , his wife on the other hand ,yapyapyapyap.

Mr. Miyagi
06-03-2004, 09:06 AM
It'd be awesome if Eli and Brenda had an affair. Imagine the article on NY Post. :snicker:

The Spaz
06-03-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
It'd be awesome if Eli and Brenda had an affair. Imagine the article on NY Post. :snicker:

:rofl:

justasportsfan
06-03-2004, 09:11 AM

National Enquirer : Brenda " I needed a Man (ning)"

Mr. Miyagi
06-03-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
National Enquirer : Brenda " I needed a Man (ning)"
:rofl: You should write for them.

justasportsfan
06-03-2004, 09:28 AM

:rofl: You should write for them. I think BF1 is more qualified :D

mybills
06-03-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by elltrain22
I hope he can turn it around. Warner is a great guy, and he is very easy to root for.

I agree. And since the Giants are my favorite NFC team..well :D

Tatonka
06-03-2004, 10:53 AM
wonder what he signed for.

Bulldog
06-03-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

$100,000 bonus and a brand new bible!

Mr. Miyagi
06-03-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog
$100,000 bonus and a brand new bible!
:pray:

Mr. Miyagi
06-03-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
Warner accepted a two-year, $9.5 million contract Thursday morning that included a $1.5 million signing bonus and a $2 million base salary for this season, ESPN.com's John Clayton reports. The second year is to be worth $6 million, but it is voidable, allowing Warner to be a free agent after the season.

In effect, Warner agreed to a one-year deal worth $3.5 million, not including incentives.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1814878

Michael82
06-03-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by mybills
I agree. And since the Giants are my favorite NFC team..well :D

Are you nuts?!?! And you call yourself a Bills fan? :shakeno: :puke:

Super Bowl XXV should stop any Bills fan from rooting for the Giants. :mad:

Mr. Cynical
06-04-2004, 12:21 AM

In effect, Warner agreed to a one-year deal worth $3.5 million, not including incentives.

This should have been Drew's contract as well. :cynic:

Anyway, if the Gints were smart they'd start Kurt this year to give Eli some time. I still say Warner will surprise alot of naysayers this year. Mark my words. :up:

mybills
06-04-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Mikey82

Are you nuts?!?! And you call yourself a Bills fan? :shakeno: :puke:

Super Bowl XXV should stop any Bills fan from rooting for the Giants. :mad:

I don't jump ship. Once I like a team I stay with them. Bills are my # 1 and Giants are my # 2. I liked them pre- SB XXV, so it was a win-win for me, although it still made me sad for the Bills that year. :(

mybills
06-04-2004, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical

I still say Warner will surprise alot of naysayers this year. Mark my words. :up:

I have to agree with you.

Kramer
06-04-2004, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by mybills

I don't jump ship. Once I like a team I stay with them. Bills are my # 1 and Giants are my # 2. I liked them pre- SB XXV, so it was a win-win for me, although it still made me sad for the Bills that year. :(

I lived in Tampa for 7 years so I took to the Bucs when they stunk. I like the Bucs, but I really really LOVE the Bills. If the Bucs beat Buffalo in a SB I'd be crushed and probably hate the Bucs forever.

Buffalo losing to ANYONE in the SB is not a win-win situation.

mybills
06-04-2004, 07:01 AM
That's your opinion. It's a win-win when you like both teams and one of them wins. BTW, I was rooting for my #1 team..THE BILLS!

Valerie
06-04-2004, 10:05 AM
I guess this means Jesse Palmer, the Bachelor, is out on his butt?