X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Aiken Battles Back from Injury

Sam Aiken has something to prove, both to himself, his teammates, and Buffalo Bills fans. Aiken is coming off a serious knee injury that sidelined him in late November, just as he was starting to get some playing time.

"It (the injury) was tough to take last year," Aiken said. "I had been working hard and I was starting to see some playing time. The timing couldn't have been worse."

Aiken played in five games last season for the Bills and caught five passes for 49 yards. He said he's looking forward to showing everyone how far he's come.

"I'm just looking to get out there and show everyone how hard I've worked," he said. "It's always tough when you're coming back from an injury but you have to make sure you stay committed and stay focused."

Aiken set many records at North Carolina during his last season there and believes he can do just as much damage in the pros. He's been working out on a regular basis, getting back to top shape in order to realize his goals.

• The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

There is no way this guy is going to get cut.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

No he won't. Antonio Brown will get the axe first.

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
        Agreed.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Aiken will push Shaw for the number 4 spot. He just might be a bigger version of Josh Reed who will see considerable time in multiple receiver sets.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ryjam282
            Offical Billszone Starting QB
            • Mar 2003

I agree, this kid could do some damage in the future for us....See ya Antonio.

Ryan Withey
            Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

He sounds dedicated, which is what you want from a player. As for having "great hands," I wish he had them in the Tennessee (I think) game where he dropped a sure TD pass from Drew (which was obviously Drew's fault).

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

Dreamers.

You guys believe everything you read?

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                  Dreamers.

EE.. can i get some of that action.. i will be you all my zonebucks that the kid makes the team... same bet as spaz.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• thefixer74
                    Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
                    • Apr 2004

I've herd that he has put on around 20 pounds of muscle in the off season.That puts him at 220 to 225.His power and speed should help him get open more.
                    To the world you might be one person,but to one person you might be the world.

Comment

• thefixer74
                      Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
                      • Apr 2004

Here is a pic without any pads on.He will be our biggest WR on the team.
                      Attached Files
                      To the world you might be one person,but to one person you might be the world.

Comment

• bills_7
                        TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by The Spaz
                        There is no way this guy is going to get cut.
                        Agreed

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                        They will both be on the team

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        Aiken will push Shaw for the number 4 spot. He just might be a bigger version of Josh Reed who will see considerable time in multiple receiver sets.
                        Shaw will not be bumped off the top 4..... Shaw may even still be the #3 guy.... if anything bump reed but that will never happen..... and jst b/c aiken made a big catch in practice lets not get our hopes up.... jst yet anyway

Im not getting down on wire yet either for FS jst b/c they r showing him get burned a couple times who know what happen the rest of the practices....

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Goobylal
                          He sounds dedicated, which is what you want from a player. As for having "great hands," I wish he had them in the Tennessee (I think) game where he dropped a sure TD pass from Drew (which was obviously Drew's fault).

It wasn't him he was put on IR after week 5 I beleive.

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                            Dreamers.

Maybe you're the one who is wrong as it seems most people think liek I do as far as Aiken being on this team. Get ready to fork over those ZB's.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by bills_7

Shaw will not be bumped off the top 4..... Shaw may even still be the #3 guy.... if anything bump reed but that will never happen..... and jst b/c aiken made a big catch in practice lets not get our hopes up.... jst yet anyway
                              Shaw is little more than a solid journeyman. I will be surprised - and our receiving corps will be far less effective - if Reed and Aiken don't end up ahead of him in the 3 and 4 spots.

Aiken was a great college receiver who, to the surprise of many, was still available in the 4th (or was it 5th?) round. If healthy, he has way more upside than Shaw.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X