PDA

View Full Version : Aiken Battles Back from Injury

The Spaz
06-03-2004, 09:12 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/photos/aiken63_subsq.jpgSam Aiken has something to prove, both to himself, his teammates, and Buffalo Bills fans. Aiken is coming off a serious knee injury that sidelined him in late November, just as he was starting to get some playing time.

"It (the injury) was tough to take last year," Aiken said. "I had been working hard and I was starting to see some playing time. The timing couldn't have been worse."

Aiken played in five games last season for the Bills and caught five passes for 49 yards. He said he's looking forward to showing everyone how far he's come.

"I'm just looking to get out there and show everyone how hard I've worked," he said. "It's always tough when you're coming back from an injury but you have to make sure you stay committed and stay focused."

Aiken set many records at North Carolina during his last season there and believes he can do just as much damage in the pros. He's been working out on a regular basis, getting back to top shape in order to realize his goals.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=244935

The Spaz
06-03-2004, 09:14 AM
There is no way this guy is going to get cut.:up:

Mr. Miyagi
06-03-2004, 09:24 AM
No he won't. Antonio Brown will get the axe first.

The Spaz
06-03-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Agreed.

Jan Reimers
06-03-2004, 10:00 AM
Aiken will push Shaw for the number 4 spot. He just might be a bigger version of Josh Reed who will see considerable time in multiple receiver sets.

ryjam282
06-03-2004, 10:41 AM
I agree, this kid could do some damage in the future for us....See ya Antonio.

Goobylal
06-03-2004, 10:54 AM
He sounds dedicated, which is what you want from a player. As for having "great hands," I wish he had them in the Tennessee (I think) game where he dropped a sure TD pass from Drew (which was obviously Drew's fault).

Earthquake Enyart
06-03-2004, 11:16 AM
Dreamers. :rolleyes:

You guys believe everything you read? :eek:

Tatonka
06-03-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

EE.. can i get some of that action.. i will be you all my zonebucks that the kid makes the team... same bet as spaz.

thefixer74
06-03-2004, 11:34 AM
I've herd that he has put on around 20 pounds of muscle in the off season.That puts him at 220 to 225.His power and speed should help him get open more.

thefixer74
06-03-2004, 11:39 AM
Here is a pic without any pads on.He will be our biggest WR on the team.

bills_7
06-03-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
There is no way this guy is going to get cut.:up:

Agreed

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

They will both be on the team

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Aiken will push Shaw for the number 4 spot. He just might be a bigger version of Josh Reed who will see considerable time in multiple receiver sets.

Shaw will not be bumped off the top 4..... Shaw may even still be the #3 guy.... if anything bump reed but that will never happen..... and jst b/c aiken made a big catch in practice lets not get our hopes up.... jst yet anyway

Im not getting down on wire yet either for FS jst b/c they r showing him get burned a couple times who know what happen the rest of the practices....

The Spaz
06-03-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Goobylal
He sounds dedicated, which is what you want from a player. As for having "great hands," I wish he had them in the Tennessee (I think) game where he dropped a sure TD pass from Drew (which was obviously Drew's fault).

It wasn't him he was put on IR after week 5 I beleive.

The Spaz
06-03-2004, 12:05 PM

Maybe you're the one who is wrong as it seems most people think liek I do as far as Aiken being on this team. Get ready to fork over those ZB's.:up:

Jan Reimers
06-03-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by bills_7

Shaw will not be bumped off the top 4..... Shaw may even still be the #3 guy.... if anything bump reed but that will never happen..... and jst b/c aiken made a big catch in practice lets not get our hopes up.... jst yet anyway

Shaw is little more than a solid journeyman. I will be surprised - and our receiving corps will be far less effective - if Reed and Aiken don't end up ahead of him in the 3 and 4 spots.

Aiken was a great college receiver who, to the surprise of many, was still available in the 4th (or was it 5th?) round. If healthy, he has way more upside than Shaw.

Earthquake Enyart
06-03-2004, 01:49 PM
Everybody is an all pro in the off season. :puke:

Everyone was amazed that Josh Reed was available too ... :shakeno:

Tatonka
06-03-2004, 01:52 PM
Everybody is an all pro in the off season. :puke:

Everyone was amazed that Josh Reed was available too ... :shakeno:

you didnt answer my question.. can i get the same bet spaz has? all my zone bucks that aiken makes the team.

Earthquake Enyart
06-03-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
you didnt answer my question.. can i get the same bet spaz has? all my zone bucks that aiken makes the team.

Sure, why not.

The Spaz
06-03-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

It's easy money T!:bling:

Tatonka
06-03-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
It's easy money T!:bling:

:cheers:

Earthquake Enyart
06-03-2004, 02:33 PM
You were the same guys who said we couldn't live without Jeremy McDaniel

The Spaz
06-03-2004, 02:34 PM