PDA

View Full Version : Most dedicated players of all time (NFL)

4thAndLong
10-26-2002, 01:43 PM
I just started thinking, that there have been some real class acts in the NFL, people who will do anything for their team....

I think the most dedicated player in NFL history is LeRoy Butler. He took dramatic paycuts year after year for the Pack, and was always proud to say he only played for 1 team his whole career.

:feedback: Anyone else?

Tatonka
10-26-2002, 02:40 PM
chris spielman... they told him, if you play this week, you could be paralyzed for life... he said thats fine, as long as we win...

i love the guy.. when the word "nails" is used to describe toughness and dedication.. it should make a picture of spielman pop up in your head..

Dozerdog
10-26-2002, 02:43 PM
Jerry Rice.

His conditioning program for the past 20 years has been phenominal.

Novacane
10-26-2002, 02:55 PM
All the guys who played way back when they had leather helmets and did not get paid much at all. Those guys did it for the love of the game.

JefftheBillsfan
10-26-2002, 03:04 PM
how about our very own steve tasker? he proved that he could have been a very solid, productive WR, but he could better help the team on concentrating on SPTs, without ever a complaint about getting a chance on offense. instead, when his chance came, he proved it. what a class act.

NoCtUrNaL
10-26-2002, 03:48 PM
Deion Sanders...no other player, now or since, was more dedicated to his image and wardrobe then Neon Deion. The man set the standard for ego and self aggrandizement.

The_Philster
10-26-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
chris spielman... they told him, if you play this week, you could be paralyzed for life... he said thats fine, as long as we win...

i love the guy.. when the word "nails" is used to describe toughness and dedication.. it should make a picture of spielman pop up in your head..

I second that one. :up: Remember the last game he played...against Denver in 1997? He got hurt and the trainers started coming onto the field...he waved them off and continued playing. Unfortunately, that all but helped end his career because of the neck injury.

dolfan25
10-26-2002, 04:11 PM
Jerry Rice and Walter Payton bar none. Most people with their talent don't work as hard as them. Fact is they're 2 of the most talented players of all time and yet they're outworked by no one. Shows why they're the best players ever at their positions(with apologies to Jim Brrown)

casdhf
10-26-2002, 04:54 PM
Phil Hansen.

mybills
10-26-2002, 07:37 PM
:hail: Jim Kelly.
4 in a row is dedication, no matter what the outcome!

Buffarama
10-26-2002, 09:56 PM
Rocky Blier. Paralyzed in Vietnam, the extend of his wounds I can't remember. He came back and played football, and was an all star. Everybody from that era knows who Rocky Blier is.

InTheBox
10-28-2002, 11:24 AM
Rob Johnson!!
no just kidding
drew bledsoe he came back from a serious injury and plays better then he ever did. :gobills: