X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Training Camp Preview: Buffalo Bills

Notable Offseason Moves: After scoring fewer points than any team in the NFL besides the futile Arizona Cardinals, the offseason priority for the Bills was on the offensive side of the ball, where they addressed their deficiencies from the top down. After firing defensive-minded head coach Gregg Williams, the Bills brought on former Pittsburgh offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey. Despite a 2003 season ravaged by injuries to his offensive line, Mularkey's tenure with the Steelers' offense was a successful one. While turning two rather unimpressive quarterbacks (Tommy Maddox and Kordell Stewart) into Pro Bowlers, his offenses ranked seventh and ninth in the league in terms of scoring, and third and fourth in terms of yardage in 2001 and 2002, respectively.

Along with Mularkey, the Bills appointed former Steelers quarterbacks' coach Tom Clements their offensive coordinator, taking advantage of his familiarity with Mularkey and the system, and added the experienced Sam Wyche as their quarterbacks' coach. Without question, the Bills made it a priority to reinvent their offensive system and brought on the personnel and experience to install it.

• LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Very knowledgeable report!

Comment

• TedMock
      • Jul 2002

I hate when these guys don't do their homework. I understand that they have to cover all 32 teams, but c'mon already! Do your job!
      1. We DID NOT replace Brown with Villarrial...2 different positions
      2. When did JIM Mcnally start going by JACK

Not that these are big issues, I just hate when journalists don't take the time to make sure they're accurate. Fanball guys seem to be bigger offenders than most.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

HAHA funny that BF1 says its very knowledgable and TedMock says they dont do their homework.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
          Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TedMock
          I hate when these guys don't do their homework. I understand that they have to cover all 32 teams, but c'mon already! Do your job!
          1. We DID NOT replace Brown with Villarrial...2 different positions
          2. When did JIM Mcnally start going by JACK

Not that these are big issues, I just hate when journalists don't take the time to make sure they're accurate. Fanball guys seem to be bigger offenders than most.
          Ruben Brown: Guard
          Chris Villarial: Guard

Riiiiiiiiiiight?
          "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
          -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
            Ruben Brown: Guard
            Chris Villarial: Guard

Riiiiiiiiiiight?
            Ruben is being replaced by Marques Sullivan
            Villarial is replacing Pucillo
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

Ted and Philster are technically correct, but it's not an earthshaking issue.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• G. Host
                Banned
                • Jul 2002

It's easy to see both sides of the equation on this particular fight for offensive touches. Henry is a warrior who last year played on a broken fibula for a losing team and who has amassed 2,794 rushing yards and 25 touchdowns over the last two seasons.
                Henry did NOT break his leg; it was a bone bruise and he said as much. Why can not 'professional' writers understand this?
                Fantasy owners should also keep an eye on what happens behind Bledsoe on the depth chart. The Bills are still discussing the possibility of bringing in another veteran, to avoid backing up a relatively fragile signal caller with the rookie Losman and the inexperienced Travis Brown.
                Fragile? Drew has his faults but he is not fragile.

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Henry did NOT break his leg; it was a bone bruise and he said as much. Why can not 'professional' writers understand this?
                  It was a cracked right fibula.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

The fibula is the bone in your lower leg that does not bear weight. TH's fibula was cracked but not displaced in any way. Had it been the tibia, he would nto have been able to play. TH himself downplayed it, saying the ribs hurt a lot more.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                    X