X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Bills teammates coax Henry back to practice

Travis Henry was back practicing with the Buffalo Bills this week after missing the previous week's session while working out on his own.

The change of mind came after the starting running back was coaxed back by his teammates.

``I got a couple of guys that called me and that's all it really took,'' Henry said on Friday after the Bills wrapped up the second of four scheduled minicamp sessions.

• LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

I trust that he works out hard on his own. Based on progress he's made the last few years.

Comment

• Kramer
      • May 2004

Appears to me that Travis showed a wee bit of lack of dedication to the team. What's that all about?

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Kramer
        Appears to me that Travis showed a wee bit of lack of dedication to the team. What's that all about?
        Having him doing nothing in Florida would have been lack of dedication.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
          • Jul 2002

don't tell me this has nothing to do with Willis being healthy and ready to take some of Henrys carries.

I'm telling you.......there's gonna be problems.

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
            don't tell me this has nothing to do with Willis being healthy and ready to take some of Henrys carries.

I'm telling you.......there's gonna be problems.
            Oh christ here it comes. Until you start seeing quotes of the 2 going at eachother or reports in the paper this is not an issue.

Comment

• Kramer
              • May 2004

Originally posted by The Spaz

Having him doing nothing in Florida would have been lack of dedication.
              Dedicated veteran pros show up at OTAs. Plain and simple. If anything to set an example for the rest of the team. Travis has been a slacker.

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Dedicated veteran pros show up at OTAs. Plain and simple. If anything to set an example for the rest of the team. Travis has been a slacker.
                Yeah I know did you see how fat he is oh my god wtf has he been doing all offseason.

Comment

• Kramer
                  • May 2004

Yeah I know did you see how fat he is oh my god wtf has he been doing all offseason.
                  It is not my intention to get into an argument with you. Quite the contrary. I was just voicing my opinion. It is not a matter of him getting into shape, but rather an example setter and getting a head start on the new offensive gameplan.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                    • Mar 2004

I know i'll get flamed for this, because some people can't handle even the mildest critisism of Henry, but i think there is a bit of a tone here that raises a question or two.

Why, if every other player on the team is there, would Henry think he should be the only exception?

Although I'm sure Henry is working out on his own, that is not what these camps are about. we are installing a completely new offence and have a completely new coach who knows very little about TH and his abilities. He should be there to show the coaches wha the can do and to learn the new system. period.

His teammates should not have had to call him to get him there. I don't like this.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

It is not my intention to get into an argument with you. Quite the contrary. I was just voicing my opinion. It is not a matter of him getting into shape, but rather an example setter and getting a head start on the new offensive gameplan.

i agree..

he can stay at home and get in great shape.. but he needs to be on point with the offensive game plan. being in florida doesnt help him get reps and learn a new offense.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
                        • Mar 2003

"Henry, who had been working out with his personal trainer in Orlando, Fla., said his absence was not a sign that he was unhappy. "

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

"Henry, who had been working out with his personal trainer in Orlando, Fla., said his absence was not a sign that he was unhappy. "

like he is going to say, "i am pissed, **** willis, i hate that *****"

not gonna happen.. he is playing the role i think.. he is trying to be a good teammate.. but we shall see.. if he loses significant time to willis.. i PROMISE you.. he will be unhappy.. very unhappy.. and he will let people know.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

I agree tht he need to be there to learn the offense but there is no questioning the dedication he has for footbal in general.

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                              like he is going to say, "i am pissed, **** willis, i hate that *****"

not gonna happen.. he is playing the role i think.. he is trying to be a good teammate.. but we shall see.. if he loses significant time to willis.. i PROMISE you.. he will be unhappy.. very unhappy.. and he will let people know.
                              I know lets be like th emedia and twist his words. Come on let something actually happen before making this out to be a big issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X