PDA

View Full Version : Interesting way to think about things....

Dozerdog
06-04-2004, 08:03 PM
...Just think- how many teams can say this?

They have last year's #1, this year's #1, and next year's #1 all coming to the roster at the same time.

The Spaz
06-04-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
...Just think- how many teams can say this?

They have last year's #1, this year's #1, and next year's #1 all coming to the roster at the same time.

Interesting and positive thoughts, I like it. A very cool thought I just hope Willis can perform.

CWOUSARET
06-04-2004, 10:59 PM
i like the way you thought about this one.

mchurchfie
06-05-2004, 09:32 AM
Very interesting and positive...I like it.:up:

Kramer
06-05-2004, 09:38 AM
In reality we only have 2 1st rounders playing this year, Evans and Willis. JPL can be thought of as a draft pick to be because he will not play this year. Think of him as a 5th year senior in college that is tutoring under a supercharged coaching staff. Imagine where he would go in the draft if he was coached by an NFL staff for a year and then was drafted in 2005? That is why we grabbed him this year. To give him an extra year to prepare under Sam, Tom, and Mike.

Dozerdog
06-05-2004, 09:43 AM
Most teams who pick a QB #1 lose the impact of a #1 pick for a year or two as the guy develops- we actually will have 2 #1s impacting the roster...when next year rolls around, next year's #1 won't have the learning curve to endure. He should be ready to make an immediate impact

BigZ
06-05-2004, 09:43 AM
Who knows though, JP just might see some action this year.

Hopefully, when the Bills are so far ahead of the Dolphins, they'll put JP in to get some experience.

I told you all that I was an OPTIMIST.

mchurchfie
06-05-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Kramer
In reality we only have 2 1st rounders playing this year, Evans and Willis. JPL can be thought of as a draft pick to be because he will not play this year. Think of him as a 5th year senior in college that is tutoring under a supercharged coaching staff. Imagine where he would go in the draft if he was coached by an NFL staff for a year and then was drafted in 2005? That is why we grabbed him this year. To give him an extra year to prepare under Sam, Tom, and Mike.
Yeah, but we still have three 1st rounders this year.:up:

elltrain22
06-05-2004, 11:43 AM
:snicker: