PDA

View Full Version : Dead FF Teams

Halbert
10-26-2002, 06:40 PM
Isn't it frustrating when people sign up for a FF league and then let their team die??

Man.

Don't sign up if you can't even keep bye week players out of your starting lineup.

Dozerdog
10-26-2002, 06:47 PM
That does suck.

But I'm sure I'd be better off - my Yahoo team is 0=7 and is worse than the Mean Sharks

Ð
10-26-2002, 06:50 PM
I didn't think I was signing up for a yahoo league....when I found how much the format blows compared to sportsline, it's not worth my time.

Halbert
10-26-2002, 06:51 PM
FF is about 75% luck but you gotta be having a reeeally tough run to be 0-7, especially if you're managing the team. That's amazing. Even dead teams win once in a while. lol.

btw - there's a team in one of my leagues that has an 0-7 team and the guy is still adding/dropping players and setting his lineup. I told him today I thought that was very cool.

Halbert
10-26-2002, 06:53 PM
What don't you like about the format, Doug? I like Sportsline better but I think Yahoo does a pretty good job. I especially like the way you can set your future weeks lineup and make changes while the Sunday games are going on.

btw - I wasn't talking about you but taking 5 minutes to set a lineup and replace bye/injured players isn't too much to ask, especially from people who spend many hours a week posting on message boards. It's at least a courtesy to others that are still interested.

Ð
10-26-2002, 06:53 PM
Anyone want to do a shady trade with me for zonebucks?

Dozerdog
10-26-2002, 06:59 PM
Here's my 0-7 team

Culpepper & Vick

RB - Pittman, A-Train, Portis

WR- Holt, Gardner, Hilliard, McCardell, D Stallworth

TE Riemersma, Shockey

k- Wilkins,

D wash

Halbert
10-26-2002, 07:05 PM
Wow. No wonder. Your team is the All-Star Season Disappointments squad. lol. Vick and Portis are surprises (in a good way) and your team could end the season strong - fat lotta good, right?

At the start of the season I would have said you have a potential powerhouse.

Which A-Train - Smith or Thomas? Both are huge disappointments, especially Thomas.

Halbert
10-26-2002, 07:09 PM
Overall I'm doing pretty darn good.

My teams are a combined 33-16. Out of 9 teams I only have 2 at/under .500 and they are both 3-4. But I've been lucky and have a lot of time to scan the waivers. Whenever I get a job my teams will suffer. Damn. lol.

Dozerdog
10-26-2002, 07:19 PM
Here's another one-

I'm 5-2 in another league, it's TDs only but haldf the pot goes to the highr=est scoring team, not best record.

I thought I was in when I Drafted Faulk, Holt, Bruce, Wilkins, St Louis D. Every Ram except Warner.

I'm amazed I've been able to compile that record.. mostly with smoke & mirrors. (Thanks to Deuce McCallister and picking the right TE each week- Pollard and McMichael)

To answer your question, it's the A-train= Anthony Thomas

Even funnier, I had worse teams last year- as my Running backs got hurt week after week. But there were a ton of guys out there to pick up each week like Candidate, Rhodes, Mack, Buckhalter. I day-traded (added and dropped guys each week) and turned lemons into lemonade and a championship game appearance.

This year I'm doomed. Oh, yeah, I'm 9 out of 9 in Fantasy hockey right now!

Dozerdog
10-26-2002, 07:20 PM
Get a computer job......:D

venis2k1
10-26-2002, 07:22 PM
Shouldnt this be in the FF Forum?

Halbert
10-26-2002, 08:37 PM
I should start playing fantasy hockey. I've lost a bit of my hockey fire after not being able to win a SC with the best goaltender on the planet. That might help me get the interest back.

lordofgun
10-26-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Halbert
btw - there's a team in one of my leagues that has an 0-7 team and the guy is still adding/dropping players and setting his lineup. I told him today I thought that was very cool.

Sounds a lot like the Mean Sharks. :(

Sabre Ally
10-26-2002, 10:04 PM
Yahoo sucks.
That being said, I'm in one football league and four hockey leagues on it. LOL. But I still hate yahoo.
I play even if I hate it.

shelby
10-27-2002, 09:17 AM
Ally has masochistic tendencies.
;)

:lol:

Halbert
10-27-2002, 05:38 PM
I don't care what religion she is, I'm glad she plays her FF teams.