PDA

View Full Version : Bills came back from shopping with empty bags

The_Philster
06-06-2004, 08:08 AM
By LARRY FELSER
The bargain basement portion of NFL free agency has come and pretty much expired without the Bills or most other teams adding to their rosters.
Yes, the NFL is a copycat league, and yes, the New England Patriots used the June free-agency period to help build a lineup that won two Super Bowls. But the climate has changed.

First the philosophy of "sign your own guys" has become stronger. What made the Patriots different was that they had the money to shop when the market was full of good bargains. The reason they had money was because they had no quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers, tight ends or linebackers tied up with rich and lengthy contracts.... more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040606/1058028.asp)

saviorbledsoe
06-06-2004, 08:34 AM
What a knob job! 8and8! There is no reason why this team couldnt go 12and4 this year. I wish it were septemeber I am so sick of hearing all these BS predictions from people that dont know squat.

The_Philster
06-06-2004, 09:07 AM
I think we'll do better than 8-8 but Larry Felser has followed the team longer than anyone..so I think he knows more than squat.

Jan Reimers
06-06-2004, 10:09 AM
Felser's an old curmudgeon, but I also have a lot of respect for his football knowledge. I just hope he's selling us a little short - about two games.

mypoorfriendme
06-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
What a knob job! 8and8! There is no reason why this team couldnt go 12and4 this year. I wish it were septemeber I am so sick of hearing all these BS predictions from people that dont know squat.

this time last year, there was no reason we couldnt go 12-4 either

The_Philster
06-06-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
this time last year, there was no reason we couldnt go 12-4 either

or so we thought..but we did have two major reasons..GW and Gilbride

BuffaloRanger
06-06-2004, 10:01 PM
The Oline is the reason we won't go 12-4. Honestly, what improvements have been made in the line the last 2 seasons - each 50+ sack seasons? A new OL coach?

McNally says in every interview "Don't expect miracles." He knows his talent level is thin and one injury would bring the line down like a deck of cards.

All you jokers that said the Bills would pick up an O Lineman after June 1st are just that...Jokers."

The Spaz
06-06-2004, 10:06 PM
Your Sig. doesn't make any sense. If you don't get what he means by that then you have problems.

cordog
06-07-2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
The Oline is the reason we won't go 12-4. Honestly, what improvements have been made in the line the last 2 seasons - each 50+ sack seasons? A new OL coach?

McNally says in every interview "Don't expect miracles." He knows his talent level is thin and one injury would bring the line down like a deck of cards.

All you jokers that said the Bills would pick up an O Lineman after June 1st are just that...Jokers."

Well McNally has done more with worse talent than the Bills have right now.

BuffaloRanger
06-07-2004, 10:34 PM
I think he's a great coach, but McNally's line in NY allowed 44 sacks last year and was considered one of the worst lines in football. Sometimes you really need good players. If you have a great coach why not get him good players to work with - not a bunch of questions marks?

? CAN Teague learn to Shotgun Snap?

? IS college back-up Sobieski even NFL back-up quality?

? WHO is the backup Center if Teague goes down?

? DOES Pucillo really suck as bad as he did last season?

? IS Tucker anymore than a backup?

? WHO will play LG?

BuffaloRanger
06-07-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Your Sig. doesn't make any sense. If you don't get what he means by that then you have problems.

So what does he mean? I must have problems. My rose-colored glasses that makes the Oline look Top 10 broke I guess.

How many fans have pointed to the Giants making the SB with a OL full of overachievers (and Bills' castoffs) and said "They had less talent than the Bills today. He can make any line look good!"

In every interview he repeats the same thing. "I can't do miracles." "Don't expect miracles.", etc.

So do you expect a miracle? I don't.

If his line allows 40 sacks this year, is that a good enough improvement? Seriously, look at the interior line. CV from the Bears, a center that gets pushed around and has problems with the shotgun snap, and Tucker or Pucillo at LG?

The Spaz
06-07-2004, 10:46 PM
He means he can teach all he wants but the player also has to respond to his coaching.