PDA

View Full Version : Now on ESPN Motion...

mypoorfriendme
06-06-2004, 01:51 PM
Tim Russert on being a Buffalo Bills fan...great stuff. talks about preying on air that the bills would win one of the SB's, and how buffalo is not a geographical location, its a way of life.

very surprising publicity for the bills. A+!!

Voltron
06-06-2004, 02:48 PM
I finnaly found it and it was really cool!

Kramer
06-06-2004, 03:16 PM
You know, I am a Republican and everyone knows that Tim Russert is a Democrat ( He worked for Mario Coumo) but he is one of the most fair and balanced political guys on TV bar none. I have a great amount of respect for him. He gives both parties no quarter.

mypoorfriendme
06-06-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Kramer
You know, I am a Republican and everyone knows that Tim Russert is a Democrat ( He worked for Mario Coumo) but he is one of the most fair and balanced political guys on TV bar none. I have a great amount of respect for him. He gives both parties no quarter.

plus hes a bills fan! :beer:

elltrain22
06-06-2004, 03:35 PM
Very nice piece. I saw it about 4 days ago.

B-DON
06-06-2004, 04:23 PM

Are republicans allowed to be bills fans?

:jk:

Voltron
06-06-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by B-DON

Are republicans allowed to be bills fans?

Who do you think buys those Luxury Boxes!? :snicker:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-06-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
Tim Russert on being a Buffalo Bills fan...great stuff. talks about preying on air that the bills would win one of the SB's, and how buffalo is not a geographical location, its a way of life.

very surprising publicity for the bills. A+!!

He's from Buffalo he grew up in South Buffalo and attended Canisus College.

Kramer
06-06-2004, 06:00 PM
I knew he was a fan of the jesuits.

Kramer
06-06-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Voltron

Who do you think buys those Luxury Boxes!? :snicker:

:rofl: Certainly not the dems. They are too busy saving the world from America.

B-DON
06-06-2004, 06:03 PM
so you like bush? rofl

Kramer
06-06-2004, 06:05 PM
so you like bush? rofl

And you like Kerry? :rofl:

B-DON
06-06-2004, 06:09 PM
never said i did

Voltron
06-06-2004, 06:28 PM
Hell I got a Christmas card from GW and family!

B-DON
06-06-2004, 06:38 PM
still doesnt change the fact that he's a crappy president who screwed our economy

Kramer
06-06-2004, 06:49 PM
still doesnt change the fact that he's a crappy president who screwed our economy

Economy bad? You don't know what the hell you are talking about. I work for a fortune 10 electronics giant and we just posted record profits 2 quarters in a row. And over 1,000,000 jobs have been created since this recovery started.

B-DON
06-06-2004, 07:02 PM
you have to be joking bush compared to clinton isnt even close. clinton made the economy stronger than bush could ever dream. fortune 10 electronics my ass

mypoorfriendme
06-06-2004, 09:44 PM
i like how this thread has become a political one

Dozerdog
06-06-2004, 11:16 PM

I beleive he was an aide to Senator Moynahan.

cordog
06-07-2004, 01:08 AM
you have to be joking bush compared to clinton isnt even close. clinton made the economy stronger than bush could ever dream. fortune 10 electronics my ass

The economy started slipping the last quarter of 2000. I believe ole Billy was still president at the time.

gimpy
06-07-2004, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

I beleive he was an aide to Senator Moynahan.

He worked for both Moynahan and Cuomo before joining NBC.

Kramer
06-07-2004, 05:55 AM

That which you cannot conveniently dispell you dismiss out of hand. Not a very strong debating tactic if you ask me.

Voltron
06-07-2004, 06:48 AM
:offtopic:

As far as the economy goes I think it says a lot that he came into office when the economy was already starting to take a nose dive because of all the scandals, and then before his first year is up we get hit with the largest terrorist attack the world has ever seen. Then he is able to run 2 wars, get the economy running in the right direction and add Jobs at the same time. Now if only the Dems would stop with the partisan politics and pass his energy bill we wouldn't be looking at $2.15 a gallon for gas! I am on monster.com everyday and it has been about 3 years since I have seen the amount of jobs out there for IT (my field). The economy is doing quite well. If you think it isn’t look at your 401K from 2000 and then look at it this year. You will see the gains you have made already.

ryjam282
06-07-2004, 07:04 AM
Bush is riding the coatails of a one of the greatest presidents we have had....Mr. William Clinton.

If Bill was in office, the terrorist attack might not have happened, Bill knew how to keep things at piece with the other countries. He was one of the best speakers ever and one hell of a president.

The only reason he ran 1 of those wars is cause he "THOUGHT" that Saddam had bombs, but where are they??? NOWHERE, there was no reason to go over there and lose the amount of people that we did and the US Armed Forces shouldn't be used as a pawn to fight George's daddy's wars that he could not finish hisself. GW is a joke, both of them (George Bush and Gregg "manboobs" Williams.

Kramer
06-07-2004, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by ryjam282
Bush is riding the coatails of a one of the greatest presidents we have had....Mr. William Clinton.

If Bill was in office, the terrorist attack might not have happened, Bill knew how to keep things at piece with the other countries. He was one of the best speakers ever and one hell of a president.

The only reason he ran 1 of those wars is cause he "THOUGHT" that Saddam had bombs, but where are they??? NOWHERE, there was no reason to go over there and lose the amount of people that we did and the US Armed Forces shouldn't be used as a pawn to fight George's daddy's wars that he could not finish hisself. GW is a joke, both of them (George Bush and Gregg "manboobs" Williams.

Clinton was one of the worst Presidents in history. He tried to bring us socialized medicine remember? He had no integrity and lied every chance he got.

Don't BS yourself, the attacks would have happened even with Slick Willy in office. That is a ridiculous statement. You should know better.

don137
06-07-2004, 07:39 AM

If Bill was in office, the terrorist attack might not have happened, Bill knew how to keep things at piece with the other countries.

Remember the USS Cole and the first attack on the WTC in1993? Who was in office? The 9-11-01 attack took years to plan and it wouldn't of mattered who was in office.

Voltron
06-07-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by don137

Remember the USS Cole and the first attack on the WTC in1993? Who was in office? The 9-11-01 attack took years to plan and it wouldn't of mattered who was in office.

Let's not forget the 2 Embassies in Africa (Kenya and Zimbabwe?), The Towers in Saudi Arabia, and the 2nd place worst terrorist attack on American soil Oklahoma City.

Wow he sure knew how to keep them terrorists at bay didn't he!
:rolleyes:

ryjam282
06-07-2004, 08:25 AM
Bill was a great president. The man did so much for the country. He created way more jobs then Bush could even think of and the economy boomed while he was there. Bush couldn't even run his daddy's businesses, he ran 3 of them into the ground and forced him to sell the Texas Rangers cause that was on the verge of collapse as well. Now, he is running our country? No wonder they attacked us with the worst attack in history, cause they knew Bush would just run the country into the ground anyways. And as far as the Oklahoma City bombing goes, didn't Bill get the culprit caught and tried and killed very quickly? Where is Bin Laden? Why can't he be found? When something went wrong Bill dealt with it with a swift hand and didn't have to finish what his daddy started in Iraq.

Voltron
06-07-2004, 09:16 AM
Ryjam,
What color is the sky in your world? :drinker:

Voltron
06-07-2004, 09:29 AM
Bill was a great president. The man did so much for the country. He created way more jobs then Bush could even think of and the economy boomed while he was there. Bush couldn't even run his daddy's businesses, he ran 3 of them into the ground and forced him to sell the Texas Rangers cause that was on the verge of collapse as well. Now, he is running our country? No wonder they attacked us with the worst attack in history, cause they knew Bush would just run the country into the ground anyways. And as far as the Oklahoma City bombing goes, didn't Bill get the culprit caught and tried and killed very quickly? Where is Bin Laden? Why can't he be found? When something went wrong Bill dealt with it with a swift hand and didn't have to finish what his daddy started in Iraq.

Yep Business was booming and at that same time his cuts in our defense, NSA, CIA, and even the FBI were some of the reasons why all of the above attacks happened. I am not blaming him because unlike the Bush Bashers I don't HATE anyone, in fact I would cherish the opportunity to sit down and have a few beers with him. My Cousin met him once (she is married to the son of the CEO of Pepsi Co) and she said the reason he was able to lie to so many people’s faces was that when he talked to you he made you feel like the most important thing he had to deal with at that time. He had lots of Charisma but hey so did Hitler according to many.

I didn't care for Clinton but I respected the office he held even when he didn't (Monica). I also know that the attacks were not any one persons fault. While the economy was booming we also saw 4 of the most costly Fraud cases in the history of American business while he held office and if you remember correctly when that happened was about the same time our economy took a nose dive. Bush inherited that mess from him, He also inherited a nonexistent surplus that the Dems love to point out yet all this surplus was never even in the treasury. It was a "PROJECTED" surplus based on the most unrealistic numbers that economists had ever seen. Something like 8 to 10 % growth a year! If that were true then Inflation and interest rates would have been outrageous!

Jan Reimers
06-07-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Voltron
Ryjam,
What color is the sky in your world? :drinker:

In the words of Winston Churchill, "If you are twenty and not a liberal, you don't have a heart. If you are forty and not a conservative, you don't have a brain."

Jan Reimers
06-07-2004, 09:56 AM
...Let's hope some of the young people on this site - who probably don't remember the greatness of Ronald Reagan - will grow out of their liberal stage and stop worshipping one of the worst presidents of all time - Slick Willy.

ryjam282
06-07-2004, 10:00 AM
We could go into so much here about politics. Even Reagan had some flaws in his regime as well. I will leave it where it is and say Bush is our President, I didn't vote for him (or maybe I did, I am in West Palm Beach, where all the dimpled chads happened) :D I wanted Gore in there ( he did create the internet:D )but oh well. And I believe Bill was a great President so I will leave it at that and let everyone get back to business....This is after all a Bills forum. Let's get back on track here.

Voltron
06-07-2004, 10:31 AM
Good point. Yeah Espn motion right? :idunno:

justasportsfan
06-07-2004, 10:59 AM
Bill was a great president. The man did so much for the country. He created way more jobs then Bush could even think of and the economy boomed while he was there. Bush couldn't even run his daddy's businesses, he ran 3 of them into the ground and forced him to sell the Texas Rangers cause that was on the verge of collapse as well. Now, he is running our country? No wonder they attacked us with the worst attack in history, cause they knew Bush would just run the country into the ground anyways. And as far as the Oklahoma City bombing goes, didn't Bill get the culprit caught and tried and killed very quickly? Where is Bin Laden? Why can't he be found? When something went wrong Bill dealt with it with a swift hand and didn't have to finish what his daddy started in Iraq. One of the victims of Clintons "where am I at the polls and what can I do to chnge my image? ".

Clinton was nothing more than a poll worker. If you honestly think that the terrorists did not attack the WTC because of Clinton, I have a bridge to seel you.

THATHURMANATOR
06-07-2004, 11:03 AM
I can't install it at my work comp :(

DraftBoy
06-07-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
I can't install it at my work comp :(

Try asking Al Gore he created the internet! :chuckle:

THATHURMANATOR
06-07-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by DraftBoy

Try asking Al Gore he created the internet! :chuckle:

I tried. He hasn't gotten back to me yet.

ryjam282
06-07-2004, 11:57 AM
He and Tipper are making out, they will be back shortly.:snicker:

B-DON
06-08-2004, 03:30 AM
all i have to say about bush is why war? where the **** is bin laden?

The_Philster
06-08-2004, 03:05 PM
all i have to say about bush is why war? where the **** is bin laden?

Likely not in Iraq..supposedly, he and Saddam don't even get along. :idunno: