PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye to Jennings?

B-DON
06-06-2004, 06:33 PM
Bills | Jennings Likely to Hit Open Market in 2005 - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 07:19:03 -0700

Larry Felser, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills OLT Jonas Jennings is in the final year of his contract and likely to hit the open free agent market next February.

i dont know if this is good or bad but this could cause some friction amongst the rest of the o-line knowing jennings doesnt want to be there but im hopin he plays his ass off to get huge money on the open market from someone else if he really wants to leave

B-DON
06-06-2004, 06:34 PM
Bills | P. Williams Likely to Hit Open Market in 2005 - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 07:18:20 -0700

Larry Felser, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills DT Pat Williams is in the final year of his contract and likely to hit the open free agent market next February.

Bills | Schobel Likely to Hit Open Market in 2005 - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 07:17:21 -0700

Larry Felser, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills DE Aaron Schobel is in the final year of his contract and likely to hit the

I also just read this what a bunch of crap. we better at least resign one of them or we are screwed

Mr. Miyagi
06-06-2004, 06:56 PM
That Larry Felser:

Bills | Everyone Likely to Hit Open Market in 2005

Closet Fish fan I'm sure. :rolleyes:

bdogg
06-06-2004, 07:28 PM
I dont want to hear about any of that until after this season. That stuff will take care of itself

B-DON
06-06-2004, 07:32 PM
then dont read it

The_Philster
06-06-2004, 08:01 PM
Rather than worrying about what might happen 2 seasons from now, why not think about 2004 first? We have no idea what the cap will be like in 2005 and a lot could change before the season.

Hell...let's worry about JP Losman hitting free agency while we're at it. We lose him, and all we have is Chandler and Zolman and that scares me.

ScottLawrence
06-06-2004, 08:03 PM
If all of them leave consider us screwed.... Donahoe needs at least an 8-8 season this year or else he could be gone.

Mr. Cynical
06-06-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by B-DON
I also just read this what a bunch of crap. we better at least resign one of them or we are screwed

You can thank TD for spending all that $$$$ on Drew if we don't have enough to sign them next year. :cynic:

Tatonka
06-07-2004, 12:23 AM
we will retain 2 of the three..

either schobel or jennings.. and pat williams.. either jennings or schobel will be franchised, no question.

Dozerdog
06-07-2004, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
You can thank TD for spending all that $$$$ on Drew if we don't have enough to sign them next year. :cynic:

Here we go again...one has nothing to do with the other...

Just because TD might have 10 million- doesn't mean he will give it to one guy. Schobel or Jennings will get offered what they will be worth- not what we can "afford"

Winfield and Grant Winstrom got ridiculous amounts of money. If Schobel wants Winstrom money- and someone is willing to give it to him- then he's gone.

Earthquake Enyart
06-07-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
we will retain 2 of the three..

either schobel or jennings.. and pat williams.. either jennings or schobel will be franchised, no question.

There's no way they franchise Jennings. You want to pay Jennings Top 3 LT money?

Same thing with Schobel. No way they give him top 3 DE money.

It would not surprise me if all three were gone next year, and it wouldn't be the end of the world either. Between the 3 of them, how many Pro Bowls are we talking? I think Pat made it once, but I think that's it.

ryjam282
06-07-2004, 07:27 AM
That is all speculation at this point. Of course they will hit the open market, there contract is up after this season. That doesn't mean they won't resign anytime....I wouldn't worry too much about this, TD will do what is necessary to keep at least 2, and worse case, 1 of them around. We have cash to do it so the offers will be made and the negotiations will be done as well. Don't worry, in TD we trust right......

Tatonka
06-07-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Winfield and Grant Winstrom got ridiculous amounts of money. If Schobel wants Winstrom money- and someone is willing to give it to him- then he's gone.

you can absolutely bet that schobel will get AT LEAST winstrom money.. it would be absurd for him not to.. he is already better.

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
There's no way they franchise Jennings. You want to pay Jennings Top 3 LT money?

It would not surprise me if all three were gone next year, and it wouldn't be the end of the world either. Between the 3 of them, how many Pro Bowls are we talking? I think Pat made it once, but I think that's it.

i am basing that on how i think they will perform this year.

i think jennings will be much better (he is already our BEST lineman) under mcnally.

I think Schobel puts up 15+ sacks this season and continues his upward progression..

who the hell cares about how many past probowls they have.. i want guys that have bright futures.. and both jennings and schobel do. just because they dont have any probowls at this point, doesnt mean they arent both about to become regulars there.

elltrain22
06-07-2004, 08:45 AM
If and when the Bills make the playoffs this year, and have a good year, you still think Jennings will wanna jump ship, I don't...

THATHURMANATOR
06-07-2004, 08:51 AM
Just because a guy wants to test the free agent market doesn't mean he doesn't want to be a Bill.

DraftBoy
06-07-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

For once the old man makes a good point. Im not sure im willing to pay Jennings or Schoebel franchise one year tender money. While his numbers are good they arent great and depending on what he does he may earn Wistrom like numbers but by no means do I feel like he is worth franchise money at this point.

Patrick76777
06-07-2004, 09:00 AM
Step away from the ledge boys. Felser was great at one time but now he’s just an old man. The guy writes a piece each Sunday for the Buffalo News and it usually the worst thing in the paper. It almost seems like he’s grasping at straws. If I’m not mistaken, in is editorial this week, he mentioned that all 3 will probably hit the open market. That’s where KFFL probably got the news. Felser is just talking out his ass.

Patrick76777
06-07-2004, 09:06 AM
It all stems from this:

Three may flee
Then there is the matter of the Bills' three starters who are unlikely to sign new contracts, enabling them to test those rich free-agency waters next February.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040606/1058028.asp

Earthquake Enyart
06-07-2004, 09:37 AM
When it heats up, the toupee gets too tight and he just spouts jibberish until it loosens up.

Patrick76777
06-07-2004, 09:56 AM
he was on WNSA once a week before it was shut down. It would take 5 minutes for him to make a point. It wasn't good.

Earthquake Enyart
06-07-2004, 09:59 AM
He was right about the Bills drafting Evans, though. :couch:

Patrick76777
06-07-2004, 10:00 AM
Did he say that before the draft?

Earthquake Enyart
06-07-2004, 10:05 AM
Yes he did. Saw him on Howard Simon the week before the draft.

Patrick76777
06-07-2004, 10:28 AM
I would have called him crazy for that too!

The guy still knows a lot about football but I read him every Sunday in the paper and rarely impressed.

Plus, KFFL, took a Felser opinion and made it fact and scared some people.

Earthquake Enyart
06-07-2004, 10:30 AM
He's one of the only guys who's been to every single Super Bowl.

And one of the few who's seen more Bills football than me. :ee:

Mr. Cynical
06-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Here we go again...one has nothing to do with the other...

Just because TD might have 10 million- doesn't mean he will give it to one guy. Schobel or Jennings will get offered what they will be worth- not what we can "afford"

It absolutely has everything to do with it.

A = Total amount of money a team has to spend on players
B = Amount spent on Drew
C = Amount left to spend on players not named Drew

A - B = C

The larger B is, the smaller C is. Simple math.

And for the record, I never said that TD should give any one of them $10M. What I said was that if we don't have enough to sign them (whatever that amount may be), then we have him to thank for all the money spent on Drew (a player clearly still being overpaid even after the "restructure")