PDA

View Full Version : Jennings, Schobel or Williams?

tomdonahoe
06-07-2004, 10:53 AM
Assuming the Bills are only willing to sign one of three "big" upcoming free agents, who would you sign?

IMO I would say Jennings. He is a solid left tackle, which is tough to find in todays NFL plus his age (26) is a huge upside. Would I make him the highest paid LT in the league? No, but I do think he deserves a fair, well-paid contract for his services. Schobel is good but not great and Williams is getting up there in age. Don't get me wrong I love Pat and Aaron on this team but I think Jennings make the most sense.

DraftBoy
06-07-2004, 11:12 AM
Id say Schoebel we have some depth bhind Jennings in Price that I think could fill in for him plus landing a decent OL is alot easier than a good DE. We have no depth behind Aaron.

Mr. Miyagi
06-07-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
We have no depth behind Aaron.
We still have Kelsay and McKenzie. But yeah I'd rather keep Schobel.

DraftBoy
06-07-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

We still have Kelsay and McKenzie. But yeah I'd rather keep Schobel.

I cant consider McKenzie real epth and Kelsay maybe starting oppositte Schoebel this year so where is the depth again?

tomdonahoe
06-07-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
...plus landing a decent OL is alot easier than a good DE.

I don't know about that. I would have to say that landing a good LT is much harder than getting a good DE.

Voltron
06-07-2004, 11:43 AM
I would like to see either Schobel or Jennings. No preference on which one really. Both are needed badly.

tomdonahoe
06-07-2004, 12:23 PM
Two out of the three would be nice. Maybe they can keep Williams with a cheaper contract since he loves Buffalo and has all his businesses in town and re-sign either Jennings or Schobel. Probably not, but maybe.

EM Bills Fan 80
06-07-2004, 12:31 PM
My Decision would be based on what was available in the FA market. Anyone have a list of to be FA's following this season?

TedMock
06-07-2004, 01:09 PM
all else being equal - Jennings.

Tatonka
06-07-2004, 01:24 PM
all three.