PDA

View Full Version : I haven't heard much about this....

ryjam282
06-07-2004, 12:14 PM
Since Losman got drafted I have really heard nothing more then how well Sam Wyche will make him and how much he will learn as a result.....What about Drew? Can Sam Wyche fix him? What do you guys think the impact with him towards Bledsoe will be?

I think Drew will have another great year kinda like he did the first half of 2002. I sure hope the running game stays healthy cause then we won't need much but it would sure be nice to see him stand back there for a few seconds instead of getting killed all the time.

DraftBoy
06-07-2004, 12:23 PM
Drew will improve (how can one man not?) and he will do well but I see the team still weak at too many key posistions (DL, OL, DB) to really make a deep playoff run.

The Spaz
06-07-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Drew will improve (how can one man not?) and he will do well but I see the team still weak at too many key posistions (DL, OL, DB) to really make a deep playoff run.

I think we will push for a playoff position. I definitely don't see DB as a weak spot with Milloy, Vincent and Clements back there. The only spot is weak in the secondary is FS and if Wire can improve jis coverage we will be alright there.

Mr. Miyagi
06-07-2004, 12:26 PM
With Vincent-Clements-Wire-Milloy DB is NOT a weak position.

Mr. Miyagi
06-07-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I think we will push for a playoff position. I definitely don't see DB as a weak spot with Milloy, Vincent and Clements back there. The only spot is weak in the secondary is FS and if Wire can improve jis coverage we will be alright there.
Great minds think alike :hi5:

The Spaz
06-07-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Great minds think alike :hi5:

:up::beers:

DraftBoy
06-07-2004, 12:28 PM
Yet it was last year? So Vincent fixes all of that? Give me a break guys. Most agree Milloy was a big dissapointment. Vincent had a down year and is on the back side of his career. We have no FS and a gambler at the other corner. DB is a weak posistion.

The Spaz
06-07-2004, 12:30 PM
Yet it was last year? So Vincent fixes all of that? Give me a break guys. Most agree Milloy was a big dissapointment. Vincent had a down year and is on the back side of his career. We have no FS and a gambler at the other corner. DB is a weak posistion.

Well that's your opinion.

HAMMER
06-07-2004, 12:45 PM
Milloy was a disappointment? To who? He was third on the team in tackles. I am not one bit disappointed, and I think he will be better this year after having a camp under his belt. I guess you were expecting superman.

The Spaz
06-07-2004, 12:47 PM
Milloy is great in run support not an INT machine that's what the FS position is for.

DraftBoy
06-07-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by HAMMER
Milloy was a disappointment? To who? He was third on the team in tackles. I am not one bit disappointed, and I think he will be better this year after having a camp under his belt. I guess you were expecting superman.

I was expecting him to help and support our corners over the top which he did not at all do. His tackles were down from what he usually gets per season. He had no picks and avg 2.1 a season. For the money he's getting he's been a disappointment.

TedMock
06-07-2004, 01:00 PM
He was good in run support, and the SS isn't typically the one covering the deep zone. Besides, we signed him less than a week before the season. Of course his numbers were going to be down. I think that was a given. I wasn't dissapointed in his performance at all. Lack of the QB pressure that he was used to in NE is the primary reason he didn't get INT's. We had a very sporadic Schobel on one side and virtually nothing on the other side. Consistant pass rush will make all of them better....if we get that. I hope to god that Wire is ready to play FS.

justasportsfan
06-07-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by HAMMER
Milloy was a disappointment? To who? He was third on the team in tackles. I am not one bit disappointed, and I think he will be better this year after having a camp under his belt. I guess you were expecting superman. I agree. He was solid but not in probowl form. What do you expect when you get thrown into the game 4 days after you get hired? I think he'll get better. A player usually get's better once he knows the tendencies of his teamates around him knowing where they will be at a certain time. Familiarity is important in becoming a unit.

Tatonka
06-07-2004, 01:22 PM
I was expecting him to help and support our corners over the top which he did not at all do. His tackles were down from what he usually gets per season. He had no picks and avg 2.1 a season. For the money he's getting he's been a disappointment.

i agree somewhat.. i dont think that milloy was a disappointment.. but the disappointment was that we even picked him up.. he barely outperformed what wire did as a rookie.. and wire only would have gotten better as well. shame, but oh well.

Jan Reimers
06-07-2004, 03:27 PM
I don't think DL is that weak, either. Denney and Kelsay should continue to develop, and Anderson should give us something at DT. With all of our warts, we were still the number two defense in the league last year.

A ground control offense will keep the D off the field more this year, and hopefully Vincent and Wire(?) will provide some turnovers.

Then again, I'm always overly optimistic this time of year.

TigerJ
06-07-2004, 05:17 PM
Like Jan, I'm usually overly optimistic at this time of the year. Milloy came to the Bills and a new defensive system with zero preparation. While strong safety isn't where you expect to get most of your interceptions, I'm hopeful Milloy can snag a couple this season. If Wire plays free safety, I think he and Milloy will be switching off on coverage with each other to confuse offenses more than happened last season. That may increase the int total. If Kelsay can generate some pass rush, that will help too.

Now back to othe original topic: Yes, I think Wyche can help Drew soemwhat. Last season, Bledsoe's QB coach was also his OC. When Drew got frustrated, I think he had to just suck it up and keep going. What's he going to tell the QB coach who is married to the system? "Hey, I'm having difficulty with all these reads, do you think we can get things simplified a bit?" Wyche gives him someone he can really get honest feedback from. He can probably help him with the little technique things that got unhinged las season when the wheels cam off the whole offense. And Wyche can be something of an advocate with Clements and Mularkey. I think the whole situation is probably going to be much healthier.