PDA

View Full Version : More Trouble In Miami????

SABURZFAN
06-08-2004, 05:37 AM
is t.bowen overweight and out of shape?i ran across this in the Sun-Sentinel.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/finsinsider/

Kramer
06-08-2004, 05:46 AM
That defense has to start to slow down sooner or later. They have some players that are getting up there in years and no Jimmie Johnson drafting their replacements. I think it will be a good, but not great D this year. Look for decline in the next few coming years.

SABURZFAN
06-08-2004, 05:49 AM
somebody go over to Finheaven and find out from the homers.i'd go but i've been banned.:(

Kramer
06-08-2004, 06:00 AM
How did you get banned? Language? Personal Attacks?

SABURZFAN
06-08-2004, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Kramer
How did you get banned? Language? Personal Attacks?

they're prejudice.:mad: :snicker:

Disgustipatex
06-08-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN

they're prejudice.:mad: :snicker:

Translation: I am an idiot.

Tim Bowens usually is overweight coming into training camp, and is a terrible practice player. It's been happening for a while.

If you want to take it as the downfall of the Dolphins, go right ahead. It's not like facts, reasoning, and reality play any role on this board.

Dozerdog
06-08-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Disgustipatex
I am an idiot.

Truer words have never been spoken. Admitting it is half the battle

TedMock
06-08-2004, 10:29 AM
It's not like facts, reasoning, and reality play any role on this board.

Yet, you keep coming back. Wait, I know, you're amused by all the stupidity....right? I know that's not why; nobody could be that bored. Could they? :dizzy:

Samphin1
06-08-2004, 10:32 AM
Bowens being fat is a concern. Truth be told, our Training Camp reporters have even said he looks bigger than ever. I have a feeling he will be ok, probably not as dominant as he used to be, but still very very good. If not, Jeff Zgonina is right behind him. He is a former captain of the Rams D, and is in remarkable shape. The one good thing about our D-line, we have starters on the bench, that is how deep our depth is. :lol:

TedMock
06-08-2004, 10:36 AM
In all reality, Bowen's is very good. I have to give it to Samphin1 in regard to depth. I'd love to have Zgonia on the bench. Don't get me wrong, our starting DT's are fantastic, but our depth still has something to prove.

DraftBoy
06-08-2004, 10:39 AM
what depth?

TedMock
06-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
what depth?

My point exactly.

B-DON
06-08-2004, 02:06 PM
gibson and anderson should provide decent depth this year imo

justasportsfan
06-08-2004, 02:25 PM

It's not like facts, reasoning, and reality play any role on this board. Like finfans trying to spin that Feely was Mcnabb's back-up and not a 3rd stringer. :snicker: Boston's is a "proven" wr after 1 great season.

Oh , Wayne saying Feely is the next Marino :rofl:

Wanny asking Norv before taking the HCing job for the Raiders (paraphrase)"you sure you want to do that? We're soo close" what a dumba$$.

Samphin1
06-08-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Like finfans trying to spin that Feely was Mcnabb's back-up and not a 3rd stringer. :snicker: Boston's is a "proven" wr after 1 great season.

Oh , Wayne saying Feely is the next Marino :rofl:

Wanny asking Norv before taking the HCing job for the Raiders (paraphrase)"you sure you want to do that? We're soo close" what a dumba$$.

Well, I have to give it to you Justa, nobody spins things better than you. Wayne said he hoped Feeley was the next MArino. Who wouldn't? Don't you wish Losman would turn out to be the next Kelly? I am sure you would.

Boston has had more than one great season and it can be argued that Eric Moulds is just as inconsistant.

Wanny is an idiot, so in reality, I cannot defend him, buit the Feeley as a 3rd stringer comment. We are just using what A.J. has stated. Personally, I thought of him as a third stringer but I can see why some think of him as the backup seeing how that is how A.J. and management presented him.

Reports coming out of Miami state that A.J. has improved drastically since the beginning og the camps. Not good news for the AFC east teams and their fans.

cordog
06-08-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Samphin1
Well, I have to give it to you Justa, nobody spins things better than you. Wayne said he hoped Feeley was the next MArino. Who wouldn't? Don't you wish Losman would turn out to be the next Kelly? I am sure you would.

Boston has had more than one great season and it can be argued that Eric Moulds is just as inconsistant.

Wanny is an idiot, so in reality, I cannot defend him, buit the Feeley as a 3rd stringer comment. We are just using what A.J. has stated. Personally, I thought of him as a third stringer but I can see why some think of him as the backup seeing how that is how A.J. and management presented him.

Reports coming out of Miami state that A.J. has improved drastically since the beginning og the camps. Not good news for the AFC east teams and their fans.

On Simon and Brinson today they had a reporter from Palm Beach, I believe his name was Chris Staub. He said that was Wayne's actual quote. "Feely is the next Marino". SO Justa isnt spinning anything, talk with you fellow fins fan Chris Staub. Also, Wanny said this D could be the best ever.

Disgustipatex
06-08-2004, 08:00 PM
How can you pimp Moulds and play down Boston? Moulds has had three 1000 yard seasons in his career in 9 seasons. Boston has two in 5 seasons. Not only that, but Boston has shown a better upside then Moulds ever has, and has never been involved in a passing game as good as yours was in 2002.

David Boston is by definition more consistant then Eric Moulds. This is not a matter of opinion.

mchurchfie
06-08-2004, 10:56 PM
http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10033/thumb_4_1_72.gifhttp://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10033/thumb_4_1_72.gif

How can you pimp Moulds and play down Boston? Moulds has had three 1000 yard seasons in his career in 9 seasons. Boston has two in 5 seasons. Not only that, but Boston has shown a better upside then Moulds ever has, and has never been involved in a passing game as good as yours was in 2002.

David Boston is by definition more consistant then Eric Moulds. This is not a matter of opinion. BAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10033/thumb_rofl2.gif http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10033/thumb_rofl2.gif http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10033/thumb_rofl2.gif

Disgustipatex
06-08-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie
http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10033/thumb_4_1_72.gifhttp://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10033/thumb_4_1_72.gif
BAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10033/thumb_rofl2.gif http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10033/thumb_rofl2.gif http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10033/thumb_rofl2.gif

What's the matter? Didnt actually have any facts to prove me wrong with?

Btw, I think there are some shenanigans going on with the "Whose browsing" list. You guys have to be keeping names up there a good hour longer then names are up there. A board with this kind of traffic doesnt have 30 people in it at a time.

Ickybaluky
06-09-2004, 05:45 AM
Talk about skewing stats. Those are some interesting "facts". It is also interesting that you define consistency by 1000 yard season, which is an incorrect assumption.

Prior to last season, when he was injured, Mould averaged 79 catches, 1177 Yds (15.0 ypc), 7 TD over a 5 year period. He didn't exactly play for an offensive powerhouse during that period. The groin injury he suffered last year effected his performance, but that is pretty consistent production.

By contrast, after a 2-Year period where Boston averaged 85 catches, 1377 Yds (16.3 ypr) and 8 TD, Boston's performance has fallen off the table the last couple seasons, in which he averaged 51 catches, 696 yards (13.6 ypr) and 4 TD. Consistency is not the word that comes to mind with those numbers, and the huge drop in production has to be a concern, and is why the early promise his career showed has come into question.

Nobody is arguing that Boston was good at one time or that he has talent, the question is whether he can put his career back together. In the last two year's his drop in production has coincided with other issues, such as problems with 2 separate coaching staffs, a positive test for marijuana and cocaine during an arrest by police that led to his being subject to the NFL's substance abuse program (and a suspension if he is caught again), and huge weight gains that have led to whispers of his using HGH.

Oh, yeah, there is also the matter that teammates with both Arizona and San Diego considered him an oddball loner that had few friends on the team. Also, he has stated he doesn't like to practice and feels he is used best a few plays at a time, then given a few plays off during games. Real team guy.

But hey, if the numbers show you that his career has been the equal of Moulds thus far, more power to you. That would explain why Miami was able to trade for him by giving up a 2005 6th round pick and a CB they were going to cut anyway. All those team's clamoring for Boston's services really drove up the price.

The real question with Boston isn't whether he has talent equal to Moulds or any other premier receiver, the question is whether he can help his team win. Those are the questions he has to answer.

SABURZFAN
06-09-2004, 07:03 AM

I am an idiot.

after all of these years of me telling you that,it has FINALLY sunk in.:clap:

justasportsfan
06-09-2004, 09:33 AM

Translation: I am an idiot.

Of course. Here's proof.
David Boston is by definition more consistant then Eric Moulds. This is not a matter of opinion.

Even most of your beloved finfans seem to think Moulds is better. If the fins didn't get Boston, I bet you opinion would be different.

Kolbiss
06-09-2004, 09:50 AM

Aren't you embarassed when you say things like that.......Let me guess last year you thought Brian Griese was better than Jim Kelly. I understand your going to stick up for your team, but come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justasportsfan
06-09-2004, 09:58 AM
notice how Samphin couldn't defend Disgusting's yaps.

Samphin :lolpoint: :ugly: Disgusting

Novacane
06-09-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by danny4804
Aren't you embarassed when you say things like that.......Let me guess last year you thought Brian Griese was better than Jim Kelly.

:rofl: so true........................I think I'll go over to finhell and pull up some of the Griese is god threads. :lol:

Disgustipatex
06-09-2004, 10:28 AM
notice how Samphin couldn't defend Disgusting's yaps.

Samphin :lolpoint: :ugly: Disgusting

Notice how no one is coming out of the woodwork and proving me wrong? NE39's rundown was a complete and utter joke.

In terms of statistics, Boston is more consistant then Moulds. 40% of Bostons seasons have been 1000 yard or more. 33% of Moulds has been for 1000 yards or more.

Btw, the averaging Boston's last two seasons thing was pretty cute. Especially after you made an excuse for Moulds being injured, and try to average in a period in which Boston was out for half a season, and sell it off as a tremendous drop in production.

Not only that, but Boston has a hell of alot more upside. How many 1600 yard seasons has Moulds has? Not only that, but Moulds is going to be 30 years old when this season starts.

Btw, funny how the gaggle of ******s suddenly come rushing out when they think someone actually posted a defense to what I said. Hey Saburz, how about that Dolphins salary cap? Moron.

cordog
06-09-2004, 10:37 AM
Notice how no one is coming out of the woodwork and proving me wrong? NE39's rundown was a complete and utter joke.

In terms of statistics, Boston is more consistant then Moulds. 40% of Bostons seasons have been 1000 yard or more. 33% of Moulds has been for 1000 yards or more.

Btw, the averaging Boston's last two seasons thing was pretty cute. Especially after you made an excuse for Moulds being injured, and try to average in a period in which Boston was out for half a season, and sell it off as a tremendous drop in production.

Not only that, but Boston has a hell of alot more upside. How many 1600 yard seasons has Moulds has? Not only that, but Moulds is going to be 30 years old when this season starts.

Btw, funny how the gaggle of ******s suddenly come rushing out when they think someone actually posted a defense to what I said. Hey Saburz, how about that Dolphins salary cap? Moron.

Are you on crack? How can you say we were making excuses for Moulds then you go and make an excuse for Boston.
You can argue the numbers all day and all night and spin them how you want to, but i think most people would take Moulds in a heartbeat over Boston. Moulds tore his groin, came back and played at about 60% when Boston was skipping games cuz he didnt feel like playing, and over playing injuries last year.

Novacane
06-09-2004, 10:38 AM
:rofl: next year you losers will dumping this years savior(boston) just like you dumped last years savior (griese)........you dolphan fans never learn do you

justasportsfan
06-09-2004, 10:40 AM

Btw, funny how the gaggle of ******s suddenly come rushing out when they think someone actually posted a defense to what I said. Hey Saburz, how about that Dolphins salary cap? Moron. :rofl:

Hey, Samphin you wanna help out your friend here? Waste of cyberspace.

mchurchfie
06-09-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by NE39
Talk about skewing stats. Those are some interesting "facts". It is also interesting that you define consistency by 1000 yard season, which is an incorrect assumption.

Prior to last season, when he was injured, Mould averaged 79 catches, 1177 Yds (15.0 ypc), 7 TD over a 5 year period. He didn't exactly play for an offensive powerhouse during that period. The groin injury he suffered last year effected his performance, but that is pretty consistent production.

By contrast, after a 2-Year period where Boston averaged 85 catches, 1377 Yds (16.3 ypr) and 8 TD, Boston's performance has fallen off the table the last couple seasons, in which he averaged 51 catches, 696 yards (13.6 ypr) and 4 TD. Consistency is not the word that comes to mind with those numbers, and the huge drop in production has to be a concern, and is why the early promise his career showed has come into question.

Nobody is arguing that Boston was good at one time or that he has talent, the question is whether he can put his career back together. In the last two year's his drop in production has coincided with other issues, such as problems with 2 separate coaching staffs, a positive test for marijuana and cocaine during an arrest by police that led to his being subject to the NFL's substance abuse program (and a suspension if he is caught again), and huge weight gains that have led to whispers of his using HGH.

Oh, yeah, there is also the matter that teammates with both Arizona and San Diego considered him an oddball loner that had few friends on the team. Also, he has stated he doesn't like to practice and feels he is used best a few plays at a time, then given a few plays off during games. Real team guy.

But hey, if the numbers show you that his career has been the equal of Moulds thus far, more power to you. That would explain why Miami was able to trade for him by giving up a 2005 6th round pick and a CB they were going to cut anyway. All those team's clamoring for Boston's services really drove up the price.

The real question with Boston isn't whether he has talent equal to Moulds or any other premier receiver, the question is whether he can help his team win. Those are the questions he has to answer. :bf1::10:

mchurchfie
06-09-2004, 11:03 AM

Btw, funny how the gaggle of ******s suddenly come rushing out when they think someone actually posted a defense to what I said. Hey Saburz, how about that Dolphins salary cap? Moron. Looks like you are going for the "smokescreen of superfluous detail" tactic, posting huge volumes of material with nothing really to say. You might want to be careful with the use of digits in your posts, Disgustingtampex...you know how difficult it is for you to count any higher than 5...the switch between hands is confusing. You might want to try using your teeth and your Wife/sisters teeth instead...just understand that you won't be able to go any higher than three using that method.:snicker:

Disgustipatex
06-09-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
:rofl: next year you losers will dumping this years savior(boston) just like you dumped last years savior (griese)........you dolphan fans never learn do you

Find me saying something about Griese being a saviour. He's about as much of one as Drew Bledsoe is. Which means he's more likely to sink the ship then anything.

Disgustipatex
06-09-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by cordog

Are you on crack? How can you say we were making excuses for Moulds then you go and make an excuse for Boston.
You can argue the numbers all day and all night and spin them how you want to, but i think most people would take Moulds in a heartbeat over Boston. Moulds tore his groin, came back and played at about 60% when Boston was skipping games cuz he didnt feel like playing, and over playing injuries last year.

Are you stupid? He made an excuse for Moulds being injured, while not taking in account Boston being injured. Does that make sense to you?

Boston skipping games because he didnt feel like playing? Uhh..what? How about skipping games because he's injured?

mchurchfie
06-09-2004, 11:07 AM
but Boston has shown a better upside then Moulds ever has, and has never been involved in a passing game as good as yours was in 2002.

He's about as much of one as Drew Bledsoe is. Which means he's more likely to sink the ship then anything.

Mr Contradiction himself.:cynic:

lordofgun
06-09-2004, 11:08 AM

Arguing with yourself is a violation of TOS. :mad:

Disgustipatex
06-09-2004, 11:08 AM
Looks like you are going for the "smokescreen of superfluous detail" tactic, posting huge volumes of material with nothing really to say. You might want to be careful with the use of digits in your posts, Disgustingtampex...you know how difficult it is for you to count any higher than 5...the switch between hands is confusing. You might want to try using your teeth and your Wife/sisters teeth instead...just understand that you won't be able to go any higher than three using that method.:snicker:

Huge volumes of material with nothing to say? How about you get someone to explain it to you?

As for "digits"..Did you miss the percentages? Did you forget those are numbers? I wouldnt be surprised.

And my wife/sisters teeth? Coming from a Buffalo fan? Wtf? The women in Buffalo are far, far, far uglier then most places, much less South Florida, thank you very much.

Novacane
06-09-2004, 11:10 AM
Find me saying something about Griese being a saviour. He's about as much of one as Drew Bledsoe is. Which means he's more likely to sink the ship then anything.

last year you all thought he was god. Same as Feely and Boston this year :rofl:

Disgustipatex
06-09-2004, 11:11 AM

How is that contradiction? You throw enough weapons at anyone and they can look pretty good for half a season. Boston has been the only passing game weapon in all 5 of his seasons, with bad quarterbacks throwing to him. Moulds hasnt had to deal with the depths of crappiness Boston has. Close, but not as bad.

Disgustipatex
06-09-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

last year you all thought he was god. Same as Feely and Boston this year :rofl:

And you did for Sam Adams, Takeo Spikes, etc. The difference is, we actually managed to sniff .500.

Canadian'eh!
06-09-2004, 11:30 AM
This thread is downright comical.

Boston's numbers were inflated in Zona because he was the only weapon they had. most of the balls were going his way because there was no one else. Moulds, for the most part had a better supporting cast also available to make plays. Boston has talent but the past few seasons have been marred by "injuries" (with the rumors being that some of them were not "game missing" in severity, questioning his toughness and dedication) and drug/personal issues. Not a good rep to have. especially with 2 different teams.

I don't care about the numbers. They both have had good seasons and bad. Moulds can't be questioned for hi toughness playing through the groin tear. Moulds can't be questioned for his leadership, on or off the field. Moulds is a #1 WR, Boston is now a #2. Moulds stays out of trouble with the coaches, league and law. Moulds would get a HELL of a lot more in a trade at 30 than Boston got this year.

Forget stats..... stats can prrove anything you want if you look at them the right way. Look at the field and decide who is more valuable to their team.... you all know the right answer no matter who you like.

mchurchfie
06-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Huge volumes of material with nothing to say? How about you get someone to explain it to you?

As for "digits"..Did you miss the percentages? Did you forget those are numbers? I wouldnt be surprised.

And my wife/sisters teeth? Coming from a Buffalo fan? Wtf? The women in Buffalo are far, far, far uglier then most places, much less South Florida, thank you very much.
Translation = "I know you are but what am I.:nana: Okay PeeWee.:up: You seem to be a guy who, by some quirk of Richard Simmons fate, is missing the gene responsible for embarrassment. Anyways, isn't it about time for you to get back to work cleaning toilets, refilling tampon dispensers, and the other necessary but humiliating tasks you perform so well:rolleyes:....and remember not to eat the big white mints...you know what happened the last time:snicker:

mchurchfie
06-09-2004, 11:34 AM
:up:Its pretty bad when you get kicked to the curb like a redheaded stepchild by two of the worst teams in the NFL in Pheonix and San Diego.:snicker:

Disgustipatex
06-09-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
This thread is downright comical.

Boston's numbers were inflated in Zona because he was the only weapon they had. most of the balls were going his way because there was no one else. Moulds, for the most part had a better supporting cast also available to make plays. Boston has talent but the past few seasons have been marred by "injuries" (with the rumors being that some of them were not "game missing" in severity, questioning his toughness and dedication) and drug/personal issues. Not a good rep to have. especially with 2 different teams.

Inflated because he was the only weapon? Uhh..That's the majority of Moulds career, too. More weapons HELPS you, not hurts you, especially if odds are no matter what you will be the primary weapon. Injury marred? Boston has missed what, 9 games due to injury? 8 of those coming from a season ending injury?

I don't care about the numbers. They both have had good seasons and bad. Moulds can't be questioned for hi toughness playing through the groin tear. Moulds can't be questioned for his leadership, on or off the field. Moulds is a #1 WR, Boston is now a #2. Moulds stays out of trouble with the coaches, league and law. Moulds would get a HELL of a lot more in a trade at 30 than Boston got this year.

You dont care about actual production, which is obvious. Boston isnt a #2 WR, either. We dont know what he is yet, and wont know until later. Moulds would get a hell of alot more at 30? That's funny.

Forget stats..... stats can prrove anything you want if you look at them the right way. Look at the field and decide who is more valuable to their team.... you all know the right answer no matter who you like. [/B][/QUOTE]

mchurchfie
06-09-2004, 11:39 AM
And you did for Sam Adams, Takeo Spikes, etc. The difference is, we actually managed to sniff .500.
And still didn't make the playoffs.:snicker:

cordog
06-09-2004, 12:04 PM

Boston skipping games because he didnt feel like playing? Uhh..what? How about skipping games because he's injured?

AHHH yeah, watch football and not just the dolphins and you may know stuff like this. Ask SD fans about it.

Disgustipatex
06-09-2004, 12:08 PM

AHHH yeah, watch football and not just the dolphins and you may know stuff like this. Ask SD fans about it.

He missed one game due to a lingering injury in San Diego?

SABURZFAN
06-09-2004, 12:16 PM
:popcorn:

cordog
06-09-2004, 12:19 PM
He missed one game due to a lingering injury in San Diego?

Yeah and he got alot of heat for the 2 games he missed. He could have and should have played.

BTW, if hes so franchise why has he played for 3 teams in 3 years?

Disgustipatex
06-09-2004, 12:35 PM

Yeah and he got alot of heat for the 2 games he missed. He could have and should have played.

BTW, if hes so franchise why has he played for 3 teams in 3 years?

There are a myriad of reasons, some good, some bad, some because of him, some from the team he played on.

When have the Cardinals ever tried to retain their own team, or even pay within 20 million of the salary cap? Up until this season, their team philosophy was to put 52 players on their roster and suck up money. Boston not being retained by the Cardinals is not concerning.

The Chargers is more concerning, but it's not terrible. He didnt get along with their coaching staff. Schottenheimer is a strict coach, and Boston didnt like the way he coached. Boston also thought he would be a better fit in the Chargers offense at a higher weight, which the Chargers didnt think. The Chargers recently havent been too keen on keeping their own players, either.

justasportsfan
06-09-2004, 12:49 PM

There are a myriad of reasons, some good, some bad, some because of him, some from the team he played on.

When have the Cardinals ever tried to retain their own team, or even pay within 20 million of the salary cap? Up until this season, their team philosophy was to put 52 players on their roster and suck up money. Boston not being retained by the Cardinals is not concerning.

The Chargers is more concerning, but it's not terrible. He didnt get along with their coaching staff. Schottenheimer is a strict coach, and Boston didnt like the way he coached. Boston also thought he would be a better fit in the Chargers offense at a higher weight, which the Chargers didnt think. The Chargers recently havent been too keen on keeping their own players, either. Keep trying to spin your BS. No one is saying Boston doesn't have potential.

Notice how no one even attempted to outbid Miami for Boston's services? Miami was the only team that was willing to give up , what? A 4th? That's how much respect Boston has around the entire NFL?

Do you honestly believe the bills won't get more if they traded Moulds today? How much did Boston "SETTLE" for in terms of salary if he's such a stud wr. Humor us.

Ickybaluky
06-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Your problem is your defining consistency as 1000 yard seasons. Moulds averaged almost 80 catches for 1200 yards for 5 seasons. That is consistency. He didn't have fewer than 65 catches in that stretch, or less than 904 yards. Boston's numbers are inflated by one huge season. That isn't consistent, when he can put up good numbers for more than 2 years, he can be considered consistent.

No way Boston is more consistent than Moulds. You can argue he is more talented, and I'd probably agree. However, what does that mean? Demetrius Underwood was talented. Cecil Collins was talented. Like Boston, all those guys had baggage that offset their talent.

Perhaps Boston can turn his career around in Miami, but the trend of the last couple years isn't a good one. It is rare for a guy with off-field baggage like Boston to turn things around in the NFL. Irving Fryar did it. Cris Carter did it. Perhaps Boston will as well.

I don't think so, though. I don't think he loves the game like those guys. I can see him keeping it together for a short stretch, but I think eventually a head case like him will do something stupid.

mchurchfie
06-09-2004, 01:41 PM
Not to mention that 2-3 years of Moulds 9 year career he was underutilized as a 3rd receiver. I think Disgustingtampex is still feeling the sting of that NFL Playoff receiving record that Moulds set on his vaunted secondary that one year.:snicker: Boston will self-destruct in a place like Miami, especially with a thirdstring journeyman chucking him the ball behind an Oline that has one starter returning to the lineup. If that doesn't get him all of the available coke and crack in Miami will.:hang:

justasportsfan
06-09-2004, 02:22 PM
Not to mention that 2-3 years of Moulds 9 year career he was underutilized as a 3rd receiver. I think Disgustingtampex is still feeling the sting of that NFL Playoff receiving record that Moulds set on his vaunted secondary that one year.:snicker: Boston will self-destruct in a place like Miami, especially with a thirdstring journeyman chucking him the ball behind an Oline that has one starter returning to the lineup. If that doesn't get him all of the available coke and crack in Miami will.:hang: Correction, Feefee was not a 3rd string. He was just listed as such because Detmer held the ball for the kicker :rolleyes:

mchurchfie
06-09-2004, 02:24 PM
Correction, Feefee was not a 3rd string. He was just listed as such because Detmer held the ball for the kicker :rolleyes:
4th string??:idunno::D

Kolbiss
06-09-2004, 03:41 PM
This is why I like samphin...sure he doesn't know what team to route for, but at least he makes valid arguments, and doesn't make an idiot of himself by making remarks like this knob!!!

SABURZFAN
06-09-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by danny4804
This is why I like samphin...sure he doesn't know what team to route for, but at least he makes valid arguments, and doesn't make an idiot of himself by making remarks like this knob!!!

get used to it."this knob" has been doing it for years.:shakeno:

Samphin1
06-09-2004, 06:50 PM
Keep trying to spin your BS. No one is saying Boston doesn't have potential.

Notice how no one even attempted to outbid Miami for Boston's services? Miami was the only team that was willing to give up , what? A 4th? That's how much respect Boston has around the entire NFL?

Do you honestly believe the bills won't get more if they traded Moulds today? How much did Boston "SETTLE" for in terms of salary if he's such a stud wr. Humor us.

Actually Justa, it was sixth rounder in 2005, so it was the equivalent of a seventh this year. It was quite a steal if you ask me. You people will say we shot our wad on him or whatever, but be honest. We may have potentially gotten a number 1 receiver for a sixth round pick. Even you guys would take that bet.

As for NE39. You cannot make an argument for Moulds based on injuries when Boston's numbers were also effected by injuries. If you are going to put injuries into the equation, then you have to do it for both parties, not for one to support your argument. Also, what the heck is that argument that looking at stats can't show you how consistant a guy is? It may not be 100% accurate but it pretty sure as hell helps. Stats show you a lot of trends and pretty much, how a player plays. So using them to support an argument, makes sense.

Boston being on his third team in three years, while true, doesn't really mean too much. Arizona is horrible in keeping talent. They have let Jake Plummer, David Boston, Simeon Rice and other talented players leave their organization. That is why they are always at the bottom of the league, they never keep the talented players.

San Diego also has problems. A lot of players do not like Marty Schottenheimer and it is no mystery that Boston is one of those guys. Eli Manning didn't want to play for him either, so Boston isn't alone in his dislike for him. Granted, Boston has had issues off the field. I am in no way saying he is a saint, but you can't place the blame solely on him for a couple of teams letting him get away.

As for defending fellow fin fans on here. I speak for no one but myself on here. I am sure the other fin fans on here would say the same thing for themselves. However, I will stand by my brethren when certian Bills fans attack Miami with bad facts, or no facts at all, in some cases.

justasportsfan
06-09-2004, 07:54 PM

Actually Justa, it was sixth rounder in 2005, so it was the equivalent of a seventh this year. It was quite a steal if you ask me. You people will say we shot our wad on him or whatever, but be honest. We may have potentially gotten a number 1 receiver for a sixth round pick. Even you guys would take that bet.

I stand corrected. I guess other than Miami nobody else thought he was worth a 6th rd. :snicker:

I agree. For a 6th he could be a steal " if" he pans out. Disgusting talks like he's already in the HOF.

Ickybaluky
06-10-2004, 06:30 AM
As for NE39. You cannot make an argument for Moulds based on injuries when Boston's numbers were also effected by injuries.

Injuries are part of consistency. The fact is Moulds had a 5-Year period of sustained production. Boston has had some impressive short-term production, but he hasn't been able to sustain it consistently. Boston has had basically one great year, but really hasnt' been that reliable otherwise. He has had a myriad of issues, injuries being one of them.

That is why few teams were willing to take him on. For all his talent, most teams judged him unreliable and not worth the trouble.

That is a fact. We shall see how it plays out.

Kolbiss
06-10-2004, 09:45 AM
My brother is a diehard fish fan (he has always been kind of "special")...anyways, I told him about this post last night, and he was in disbelief that there is such delusional fans out there, that no matter who puts on there teams jersey, they instantly become better than anyone else.....He wanted me to relay a message to digustapex..or whatever your name is. "quit emabarassing your self and other fin fans with assanine comments......BY THE WAY. You can crunch all the stats you want, but they don't mean jack. Aaron Schobel has played 4 years and has averaged 6.75 sacks a year....Jason Taylor's first 4 years 5.125. So I guess Schobel has more upside because he is younger??????? Of course not!!!!! Dont be an idiot.

Samphin1
06-10-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by NE39
As for NE39. You cannot make an argument for Moulds based on injuries when Boston's numbers were also effected by injuries.

Injuries are part of consistency. The fact is Moulds had a 5-Year period of sustained production. Boston has had some impressive short-term production, but he hasn't been able to sustain it consistently. Boston has had basically one great year, but really hasnt' been that reliable otherwise. He has had a myriad of issues, injuries being one of them.

That is why few teams were willing to take him on. For all his talent, most teams judged him unreliable and not worth the trouble.

That is a fact. We shall see how it plays out.

Well, in 2000, Boston's first season as a full time starter, he caught 71 balls for 1156 yards and seven touchdowns. That is good for a 16.3 ypc. In 2001, he blew up for 98 catches and 1598 yards. Also good for a 16.3 ypc. He also had 8 TD receptions that year too. In 2002, he played eight games due to injury, he had 32 catches for 512 yards. That is good for a 16.0 ypc. Extend those numbers out to a full seaosn and he has another 1000 yard season.

Now, in 2003, he went to San Diego, which has an awesome running back. He played in 14 games, missing one to injury, and another to suspension. He caught 70 balls for 880 yards and 7 TDs. His average slipped to a little over 12 ypc. Again though, push those out to 16 games, and another 1000 yard season.

It seems to me, that the only thing really hurting Boston, is the injury back in 2002 keeping hinm from 3 consecutive 1000 yard seaosn at a great average. Despite missing two games in this past season, he still caught 7 TD's and came relatively close to 1000 yards...again.

I think it is safe to say he has had more than one good season no?

The Natrix
06-10-2004, 09:29 PM

Well, in 2000, Boston's first season as a full time starter, he caught 71 balls for 1156 yards and seven touchdowns. That is good for a 16.3 ypc. In 2001, he blew up for 98 catches and 1598 yards. Also good for a 16.3 ypc. He also had 8 TD receptions that year too. In 2002, he played eight games due to injury, he had 32 catches for 512 yards. That is good for a 16.0 ypc. Extend those numbers out to a full seaosn and he has another 1000 yard season.

Now, in 2003, he went to San Diego, which has an awesome running back. He played in 14 games, missing one to injury, and another to suspension. He caught 70 balls for 880 yards and 7 TDs. His average slipped to a little over 12 ypc. Again though, push those out to 16 games, and another 1000 yard season.

It seems to me, that the only thing really hurting Boston, is the injury back in 2002 keeping hinm from 3 consecutive 1000 yard seaosn at a great average. Despite missing two games in this past season, he still caught 7 TD's and came relatively close to 1000 yards...again.

I think it is safe to say he has had more than one good season no?

:boring:

Samphin1
06-10-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix

:boring:

I know reading is hard for you and can be tricky. I also apologize for making another post in which you will seemingly be bored due to lack of pictures. However, if your only defense is to claim boring, I suppose that means you are out of ridiculous arguments. :idunno: