If I hear one more person say Calgary should have won...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

If I hear one more person say Calgary should have won...

I'm going to

All I hear about is the NHL blowing the call in Game 6 on Gelinas' goal. What amazes me is that nobody, even the Calgary players on the ice, did any shouting that the puck was in. All these conspiracy comments...I still say Gelinas directed the puck in with his skate...

how about this for conspiracy...the players rigged it so two small market teams would be in the Finals. Come on now...the last Stanley Cup before hockey's nuclear winter and two small market teams make it? Perfect bargaining chip for the players, no? Calgary couldn't lace their skates for portions of the season. Tampa looked as impressive as dried paint. They were Stanley Cup finalists?

The Gelinas "non-goal" and that theory are both far-fetched...get over it...Tampa won.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Erik VonDarkmoor
    Knight-Marshal of Krondor
    • Aug 2003

I think Calgary was the dominant team for most of the series, but in the end, all that matters is who won the tournament and it was Tampa. They scored when they needed to. The non-goal in game 6 is not an issue and the decision was made according to the rules. It has to be conclusive and it wasn't.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

i didn't really care who won.it was exciting and it went 7 games.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SkateZilla
        • Dec 2002

Re: If I hear one more person say Calgary should have won...

Originally posted by Ebenezer
        I'm going to

All I hear about is the NHL blowing the call in Game 6 on Gelinas' goal. What amazes me is that nobody, even the Calgary players on the ice, did any shouting that the puck was in. All these conspiracy comments...I still say Gelinas directed the puck in with his skate...

how about this for conspiracy...the players rigged it so two small market teams would be in the Finals. Come on now...the last Stanley Cup before hockey's nuclear winter and two small market teams make it? Perfect bargaining chip for the players, no? Calgary couldn't lace their skates for portions of the season. Tampa looked as impressive as dried paint. They were Stanley Cup finalists?

The Gelinas "non-goal" and that theory are both far-fetched...get over it...Tampa won.
        Umm You Can Redirect It With Your Skate... You Just Cant Kick It Or make a Kicking Motion towards It..
        Skate Zilla
        -----------------------
        Skate Zilla HD Studios:
        SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Erik VonDarkmoor
          Knight-Marshal of Krondor
          • Aug 2003

Re: Re: If I hear one more person say Calgary should have won...

Originally posted by SkateZilla

Umm You Can Redirect It With Your Skate... You Just Cant Kick It Or make a Kicking Motion towards It..
          But there is still the question of whether it crossed the line. It was inconclusive.

Comment

• northernbillfan
            Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
            i didn't really care who won.it was exciting and it went 7 games.

It was very nice to see Andrychuk hoist the cup tho. I always like seeing guys who have been in the league for a lifetime finaly get redemption.
            When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Makaveli
              #1 Noronen-Satan Fan
              • Sep 2003

Calgary should have won...

let the puking begin

Comment

• I the end I
                • Sep 2003

It doesn't matter who should have won. People just like to *****.

Comment

Working...
                X