• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Good Article on Henry

a few of quotes I liked:

From his mom before the Miami game:
    “I told Travis that maybe he should put some glue on those hands of his,” Henry’s mother, Karnella Regis, recalled the other night from her home in Frostproof, Fla. “He laughed, but I was dead serious. I said, ‘Boy, you’ve got to hold onto that football. That football is your job. You keep letting people take it from you and pretty soon you are going to lose more than the ball.’ “

About growing up a Bills fan:
    “It was tough being a Bills fan down there,” Henry recalled. “One Christmas, my mama got me one of those Bills Starter jackets, and I wore that thing everywhere I went. People would harass me about those Super Bowl losses, but I didn’t care. I just thought Thurman and the Bills were cool.”

being drafted by the Bills:
    “That was unreal,” he said. “How many guys get picked by the team they rooted for their whole life? I was jumping for joy.”

on his drive to be the best:
    “I take it personal,” said Henry, who has a computer printout of the NFL’s rushing leaders taped to his locker. “Other backs may not take it as a challenge, but I do. Each week, I want to leave the game as the most productive back.”

This is one of those article I read and just smiled. Its a a great read for any Bills fan. I love Henry's drive, the fact he loved the bills growing up, and his mom sounds like a great woman too. Enjoy.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
Working...
X