PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with Evans...

tomdonahoe
06-08-2004, 09:49 AM
What's the deal with Evans calling a basketball traveling violation every time before a snap?

All the college highlights and minicamp highlights I have seen show him moving his hands in a circler motion before the snap. He looks like he is doing the electric slide out there. Whats the deal with that? Anyone know?

mypoorfriendme
06-08-2004, 10:01 AM
i think this was talked about in another post somewhere, im sure spaz will find it...but he rolls his fists as he lines up similar to i think tim brown. doesnt make much of a difference im sure, but its a nice signature id say

DraftBoy
06-08-2004, 10:42 AM
Its probably all routine, lots of players do it.

Tatonka
06-08-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by tomdonahoe
What's the deal with Evans calling a basketball traveling violation every time before a snap?

All the college highlights and minicamp highlights I have seen show him moving his hands in a circler motion before the snap. He looks like he is doing the electric slide out there. Whats the deal with that? Anyone know?

he stated somewhere that it gives him momentum and better burst off the line.. he feels.. i guess kind of like spinning your wheels before a drag race??

gimpy
06-09-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

he stated somewhere that it gives him momentum and better burst off the line.. he feels.. i guess kind of like spinning your wheels before a drag race??

Howard Simon said according to the refs at OBD for the OTAs if Evans does that in a game he will get a penalty.:scratch:

Jan Reimers
06-09-2004, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by gimpy
Howard Simon said according to the refs at OBD for the OTAs if Evans does that in a game he will get a penalty.:scratch:

Since it's the Bills, I'm sure he will. We never seem to be on the positive end of "Just give it to 'em."

tomdonahoe
06-09-2004, 07:04 AM
Doesn't Tim Brown do the same thing?

Mr. Miyagi
06-09-2004, 07:09 AM
I've never seen it but does it look like Culpepper's cheesy ass celebration everytime he throws a TD?

Tatonka
06-09-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by tomdonahoe
Doesn't Tim Brown do the same thing?

yeah, he does.. and it is not a penalty.

eyedog
06-09-2004, 07:54 AM
I got an idea. Why doesn't he just go out and catch the ball and make plays. Does every athlete nowadays have to have a "signature" move ?

The Spaz
06-09-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by eyedog
I got an idea. Why doesn't he just go out and catch the ball and make plays. Does every athlete nowadays have to have a "signature" move ?

He does and he has always done the thing with his arms. Also when he scores a TD he either gives the ball to the ref or just drops the ball in the endzone.

Mr. Miyagi
06-09-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Also when he scores a TD he either gives the ball to the ref or just drops the ball in the endzone.
That I wouldn't mind having.

eyedog
06-09-2004, 08:12 AM
How about after scoring a touchdown he can then twirl his arms if he feels the need. I don't remember him doing that at Wisconsin. But if he produces then I'll be more than happy to watch the arm spin.

The Spaz
06-09-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by eyedog
How about after scoring a touchdown he can then twirl his arms if he feels the need. I don't remember him doing that at Wisconsin. But if he produces then I'll be more than happy to watch the arm spin.

Watch these.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&postid=594245#post594245

chernobylwraiths
06-09-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by gimpy

I believe it would only be a penalty if he does it just before a snap. Just like the linemen, they aren't suposed to move before for 1 second before the snap unless they are in motion. If they are facing the line, they can't move. I remember several years ago they penalized WRs if their arms were swinging back and forth as they stood on the line.

The Spaz
06-09-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
I believe it would only be a penalty if he does it just before a snap. Just like the linemen, they aren't suposed to move before for 1 second before the snap unless they are in motion. If they are facing the line, they can't move. I remember several years ago they penalized WRs if their arms were swinging back and forth as they stood on the line.

Tim Brown must get a lot of penalties then.

chernobylwraiths
06-09-2004, 09:13 AM

Tim Brown must get a lot of penalties then.

Well, they're supposed to. But they were supposed to call penalties for a DB holding a WR all the way down the field and didn't seem to remember that rule during the championship games.

Pride
06-09-2004, 11:15 AM
the arm spin thing is gay, but if it helps his production, I am sure I will get over it

lordofgun
06-09-2004, 11:19 AM
What isn't the deal with Evans?

Kramer
06-09-2004, 11:56 AM

He does and he has always done the thing with his arms. Also when he scores a TD he either gives the ball to the ref or just drops the ball in the endzone.

I love that attitude. He acts like he has been there before and shows professionalism and maturity!

BigZ
06-10-2004, 12:56 AM

Watch these.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&postid=594245#post594245

Thanks Spaz, I missed the post earlier. Really loved the 98 yard touchdown.

I think the hand movement probably is a mental thing for him - and maybe for the DB that have to cover him!

If he doesn't get flagged, let him go.

Tatonka
06-10-2004, 08:19 AM
i wish drew bledsoe would spin his arms... maybe it would help his momentum.

:snicker: