PDA

View Full Version : WOW, 2 championships in 2 years!!!!!

tampabay25690
06-08-2004, 11:06 PM
Hey Guys!!!!!

Well this has been a crazy night for me and a wild NHL playoffs. I moved away from Buffalo in Jan of 2003!!!!! I lived in Buffalo for 25 years, and I have seen more winning in the past year and half then I have ever seen while living here in Tampa!!

And I have to admit it is pretty sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No IM not a guy jumping on the Bandwagon, I LOVE MY BUFFALO teams and I always will...BUT I just wish someday we can all experience what I have been able experience in my 1 year and 6 months living in Tampa......Maybe next the Devil Rays will win the MLB championship!!!!!

The Natrix
06-08-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by tampabay25690
the Devil Rays will win the MLB championship!!!!!

Way to jinx it. :up:

BuffaloRanger
06-09-2004, 02:01 AM
Tampa deserves nothing but last place teams for the next 10 years.

But I'm not bitter. If I was I would have said 20 years.

Buffatexas
06-09-2004, 04:56 AM
I moved from Buffalo to the Tampa area in 1992 and Ranger is right. Tampa doesnt deserve squat. This to be the worst sports town in America. 95 percent of these fans here are goobers. I used to go to Bucs games and there were more opposing jerseys in the stands then there were buc fans. It was like the bucs were on the road even though they were at home. I respected the fact that even when the lost, they walked off the field like they won. The players sense of pride was something to admire. Now, the bucs get a few winning seasons under their belt and these fans start coming out of the woodwork bragging and thinking their shiznit dont stink. To add to my dismay, I went to a sabres game against the Bolts and, of course that was when the bolts stunk and the sabres were crushing them. The bolts scored and no one cheered. There was a 12 year old kid who throughout the whole game was cheering his lightning on. Finally, I stood up and called the whole section out and told them to "root for your team dammit" and pointed out the fact that this kid has more heart when it comes to being a fan then 95 percent of this town. I really expected to get in a scuffle but to my surprise, no one responded, they just sat there. And now here they come out of the woodwork again now that the Bolts have won the cup.

Kramer
06-09-2004, 05:57 AM
I lived in Tampa from 90' to 98' and they never won jack! Anyway, Tampa is a great place to live. I miss it dearly.

tampabay25690
06-09-2004, 08:24 AM
Trust me I agree to what u said Buffatexas, this town doesn't really know most of the people that live here aren't even from Tampa or even Florida........

Im not a big Tampa fan myself I just cheer them on cause I live here and that is it!!!

lordofgun
06-09-2004, 08:46 AM
Tampa Bay can go to hell.

HAMMER
06-09-2004, 10:33 AM
Florida Sucks, why, because Miami is there!

Buffatexas
06-09-2004, 11:36 AM
Correction, Miami is in Cuba or vice versa

Kramer
06-09-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by HAMMER
Florida Sucks, why, because Miami is there!

You are condemning an entire state just because the Douchebags of Miami play here?

Florida is a great state to live in. Great weather, no state income taxes, beautiful beaches and lots of watersports. Unlike the Pacific, you can actually go in the 80+ degree water.

Buffatexas
06-09-2004, 08:19 PM
good point kramer...

tampabay25690
06-09-2004, 11:16 PM
How can anyone mock Florida, Hey I get to golf 52 weeks out of the year now!!!!!