PDA

View Full Version : The Depth Chart for our Rookies

Kramer
06-09-2004, 06:45 AM
I think that we should make Lee Evans our #2 WR at the start of the season. This will allow Josh Reed to excel at his natural position which is the slot. It will also give Drew the immediate deep threat and if defenses are still double teaming Moulds then Lee will have some great mismatches.

JPL should be the #2. That way he can get the most snaps in practice as is possible. We need to groom this kid to take over in a year or two so let's get going. If Drew goes down for an extended period then move Travis Brown or another vet to the #2 position to play out the duration of Drew's injury. But for now, if we make our #1 draft pick a #3 QB, then we are basically only giving him a dozen snaps a week. This is not grooming by any means.

BillsFanCupp38
06-09-2004, 08:30 AM
Reed doesnt play the slot, how many times have i said this

The Spaz
06-09-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by BillsFanCupp38

What was he doing in 2002? Reed wil be an excellent slot receiver.

Kramer
06-09-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by BillsFanCupp38

Just because you say it doen't make it so. He is a slot WR.

Novacane
06-09-2004, 10:13 AM
Evans should have to earn #2.............not just have it handed to him

Lefty2985
06-09-2004, 10:25 AM
COMPITION BRINGS OUT THE BEST IN PEOPLE SO LET THEM COMPETE FOR THE #2 SPOT

DraftBoy
06-09-2004, 11:18 AM
I think Losman almost has to be the #2quaterback this year. I fear that if he is #3 and Bledsoe goes down we are just stunting his growth. He needs lots of snaps in oractice and Id like to see him get some game time PT too. Im not saying he should be named starter or anything like that but, IF Bledsoe ****s the bed again or he gets hurt Id like to see Losman be the one getting the mop up duty not some overly paid has been backup QB. Losman is as near ready as any of the other three.

HAMMER
06-09-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
I think Losman almost has to be the #2quaterback this year. I fear that if he is #3 and Bledsoe goes down we are just stunting his growth. He needs lots of snaps in oractice and Id like to see him get some game time PT too. Im not saying he should be named starter or anything like that but, IF Bledsoe ****s the bed again or he gets hurt Id like to see Losman be the one getting the mop up duty not some overly paid has been backup QB. Losman is as near ready as any of the other three.

By all accounts Brown has been very sharp thus far in minicamps. I have faith in his abilities and I think there is a bandwagon mentality that he is not worthy. Just like any other position, the best man for the job is the one that should be the number 2, Losman or Brown. I agree it would be nice for Losman to get the reps but at what cost? If our chances of winning are better with Brown in the game then that is what should happen.

mypoorfriendme
06-09-2004, 03:48 PM
i dont think that there is any doubt as far as the teams expectations for evans assuming the #2 role. sucks for shaw, but i think hed have to have a helluva offseason to take it from evans. reed id say is locked in at #3, even though he may be, as of now, a better overall reciever than evans. reed was made for the slot, and thats where hell play.

as far as losman backing up bledsoe at 2, i think its more likely that he take the number 3 role so his confidence doesnt get bruised if hes thrown into the fire so early. plus, there is no reason at all why we should be reluctant to put in brown.

The_Philster
06-09-2004, 06:39 PM
The 2nd best WR should play at #2. There's no reason the #2 WR can't run routes primarily from the slot.