If you were TD...would you call Dallas today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • finsrclowns
    • Apr 2004

If you were TD...would you call Dallas today?

IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Antonio Bryant reportedly had an altercation with coach Bill Parcells during practice Tuesday and was ejected by club security.
    Witnesses who spoke on condition of anonymity told the The Dallas Morning News and Fort Worth Star-Telegram for Wednesday's editions that the confrontation began when Bryant complained about his role as the team's third receiver and the number of repetitions he was getting during a drill.

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Antonio Bryant reportedly fought with coach Bill Parcells during practice Tuesday and was ejected by club security.

I've had an eye on this guy as an up and comer in the NFL. He's 6'1" 192 and runs a 4.43 40. He's bigger, stronger and faster than Josh Reed. Now he's got into an ugly beef with Parcells and Parcells might be looking to get rid of him. I know noone is looking to add problems, and I'm not really down on Reed, but I'd make that trade Reed for Bryant in a minute. Thoughts?
    finsrclowns
  • Fairway To Green
    • Jul 2002

I'll take Reed over Bryant.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

I might concider Bryant for Shaw

Comment

• Hermanator21
        Bleed Red, White, and Blue
        • Mar 2004

If we were in need of WR I wouldn't mind, but I think we are O.K. at that position.

Comment

• tomdonahoe
          • May 2004

I doubt Bryant is going anywhere. He was a second round pick and the real boss, Jones will have the final say if he goes or not. He would be a great addition to any team. He is young, fast and can make the tough catch.
          Tommy D.
          The Voice of Reason

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by tomdonahoe
            I doubt Bryant is going anywhere. He was a second round pick and the real boss, Jones will have the final say if he goes or not. He would be a great addition to any team. He is young, fast and can make the tough catch.
            not to mention the only reason he went in the second round was because of his attitude and off the field troubles. otherwise i think he would have been top 20 at worst
            the dude abides

Comment

• willis_mchenry
              • Apr 2004

Wasn't one of the reasons of this problem was that he was not getting enough repititions at the #3 slot? What would make him change his mind if he came to Buffalo?

Comment

• tomdonahoe
                • May 2004

Originally posted by willis_mchenry
                Wasn't one of the reasons of this problem was that he was not getting enough repititions at the #3 slot? What would make him change his mind if he came to Buffalo?
                I think he would start opposite Moulds.
                Tommy D.
                The Voice of Reason

Comment

• finsrclowns
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
                  I'll take Reed over Bryant.
                  If you say that because of attitude I can respect that, but not based on ability. Again I'm not really knocking Reed. He was a force in college and he will be a decent pro, but IMO his upside is limited because he is small and not overly fast. Bryant has the tools to be a force in this league. I know this- in Reed's rookie year when Bledsoe looked for him he seemed to always be open; last year as a #2 he seemed to always be covered. He was playing against starting corners last year and he couldn't seem to get a lot of separation and the ball needed to be threaded right in there to get a completion. That's just what I saw. I expect Reed will go back to the slot this year and do very well. But if the OL improves this year I think Bledsoe could do for Bryant what he did for Price so I'd make that trade even if Bryant is a crybaby.
                  finsrclowns

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

As with Couch, no thanks. We're deep enough at WR not to have to take a head case.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by finsrclowns
                      If you say that because of attitude I can respect that, but not based on ability. Again I'm not really knocking Reed. He was a force in college and he will be a decent pro, but IMO his upside is limited because he is small and not overly fast. Bryant has the tools to be a force in this league. I know this- in Reed's rookie year when Bledsoe looked for him he seemed to always be open; last year as a #2 he seemed to always be covered. He was playing against starting corners last year and he couldn't seem to get a lot of separation and the ball needed to be threaded right in there to get a completion. That's just what I saw. I expect Reed will go back to the slot this year and do very well. But if the OL improves this year I think Bledsoe could do for Bryant what he did for Price so I'd make that trade even if Bryant is a crybaby.
                      but the point is, we dont need another reciever no matter who it is.
                      the dude abides

Comment

• tomdonahoe
                        • May 2004

We always need better players not matter what the position and Bryant would be an upgrade. But it doesn't matter b/c he won't be available.
                        Tommy D.
                        The Voice of Reason

Comment

• finsrclowns
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme

but the point is, we dont need another reciever no matter who it is.
                          Read that sentence aloud to yourself and tell me you really mean it. I doubt you do.

If TD felt that way no how no way does he draft McGahee. Building a winning football team is all about upgrading every position wherever and whenever possible, end of story. IMO Bryant would be an upgrade over Reed and I'd make the call. If the answer's no it costs you nothing. But Bill Parcells does not like insubordination so he might be more receptive than some people think.
                          finsrclowns

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by tomdonahoe
                            I think he would start opposite Moulds.
                            why would you think that? we have three guys right now that can start opposite moulds.. and used a high first rounder on one of them and a high second rounder on the other.

i would take josh reed over bryant... there is a reason that reed was drafted before him. reed doesnt have to be big or super fast to be a great receiver.. hines ward is neither of those things.. would you take bryant over hines ward? that is where i believe reed will end up.

bryant went after his own coach.. he pisses and moans about not getting playing time.. he was an ******* in college..

great.. he can make a few sweet catches..

attitude and the mental side of the game are two of the biggest components of football.

no thanks.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• finsrclowns
                              • Apr 2004

great.. he can make a few sweet catches..
                              16.7 YPC is something JR may never achieve and he will never be as big, fast or strong as Bryant. Reed is a nice #3. Bryant could be a nice #2 this year while Evans learns the NFL game. Just MO.
                              finsrclowns

Comment

Working...
                              X