Does Anyone Remember the Jim Dunaway Case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Does Anyone Remember the Jim Dunaway Case?

All the talk about OJ reminds me that another ex-Bill, Jim Dunaway, was suspected - and perhaps indicted or even convicted - of murdering his wife several years ago.

Does anyone recall how that one turned out?
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

A jury in Purvis, Miss., found Jim Dunaway, a Bills defensive tackle from 1963 to 1971, responsible for the 1998 death of Nonniel Dunaway. An autopsy showed that she had been knocked unconscious by a blow to the head and put in a half-empty swimming pool, where she drowned. Nonniel Dunaway had recently won a divorce judgment that gave her more than 800 acres the couple owned, $1,800 a month in alimony and half of Dunaway's NFL pension.
    Dunaway was initially charged with murder, but a grand jury did not indict him. So his kids sued him, and won.

All the talk about OJ reminds me that another ex-Bill, Jim Dunaway, was suspected - and perhaps indicted or even convicted - of murdering his wife several years ago. Does anyone recall how that one turned out?

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
      A jury in Purvis, Miss., found Jim Dunaway, a Bills defensive tackle from 1963 to 1971, responsible for the 1998 death of Nonniel Dunaway. An autopsy showed that she had been knocked unconscious by a blow to the head and put in a half-empty swimming pool, where she drowned. Nonniel Dunaway had recently won a divorce judgment that gave her more than 800 acres the couple owned, $1,800 a month in alimony and half of Dunaway's NFL pension.
      Dunaway was initially charged with murder, but a grand jury did not indict him. So his kids sued him, and won.

http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthr...threadid=47548
      the link takes you back to your post...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

well- it was a snippet from the Niagara Falls Gazette - about sports figures and crime...

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
          well- it was a snippet from the Niagara Falls Gazette - about sports figures and crime...
          np...just saying that the link doesn't go anywhere...if that is all the info...that is all the info...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Thanks, Dozer. It's hard to believe that a grand jury - generally known to indict the proverbial ham sandwich - couldn't find enough cause to bring him up on criminal charges. But he apparently was found guilty of wrongful death in a civil trial - just like OJ.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
              np...just saying that the link doesn't go anywhere...if that is all the info...that is all the info...
              Must have copied the url of the page I was on instead of the news story.

I just did a google search- "Jim Dunaway Murder"

Comment

Working...
              X