PDA

View Full Version : Phillip Crosby cut by the Pats

Bulldog
06-10-2004, 08:33 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZ2NvMjltBF9TAzk1ODYxMDU5BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-patriots-buckley&prov=ap&type=lgns

Should Buffalo bring him in to compete with Shelton?

ryven
06-10-2004, 08:44 AM
I still dont understand why we cut him in the first place, but yes I think we should resign him if nothing else to back up shelton

Ebenezer
06-10-2004, 08:44 AM
...and the people who screamed end of the world last year when he signed with NE...where are they??

Ebenezer
06-10-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by ryven
I still dont understand why we cut him in the first place, but yes I think we should resign him if nothing else to back up shelton

he was released due to injury...he was a FA...

tomdonahoe
06-10-2004, 08:50 AM
I don't think he could make this team and I'm not positive Shelton makes this team either. I think Neufeld will be moved to H-back/TE.

ryven
06-10-2004, 08:52 AM
He did pretty decent when he was in buffalo and I thought he was on his way to be a solid starter. Does anyone know how serious the injury was I mean is it something that will hinder his performance or was something that a little time would solve?

Ebenezer
06-10-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by ryven
He did pretty decent when he was in buffalo and I thought he was on his way to be a solid starter. Does anyone know how serious the injury was I mean is it something that will hinder his performance or was something that a little time would solve?

it was serious enough to get him cut with a settlement but I believe he played last year.

ryjam282
06-10-2004, 09:02 AM
I think we should take a look. There is a reason Shelton wasn't even in the league last year. I liked Crosby, he was coming along nicely and I think he would make a decent FB in the NFL. I do also think that Neufeld or possibly Peters may become an H back of some sort though and make both of the FB's expendable.

mypoorfriendme
06-10-2004, 09:51 AM
i like crosby just because in all of my madden franchises, he ends up being a pro-bowler within a couple years

Jan Reimers
06-10-2004, 10:36 AM
He must never have recovered fully from his injury. At one time he was a very effective special teams player for us, and was pushing Sam Gash for the starting FB spot. I like him and would give him a good look if he is healthy.

McBFLO
06-10-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by tomdonahoe
I don't think he could make this team and I'm not positive Shelton makes this team either. I think Neufeld will be moved to H-back/TE.

I think Shelton is just about guaranteed a spot on this team. He re-dedicated himself to the game. Being out for a year really humbled him. He had taken things for granted before and probably wasn't in NFL shape. I think he's going to be a nice addition to this team.

Originally posted by ryjam282
I think we should take a look. There is a reason Shelton wasn't even in the league last year. I liked Crosby, he was coming along nicely and I think he would make a decent FB in the NFL. I do also think that Neufeld or possibly Peters may become an H back of some sort though and make both of the FB's expendable.

Wow, could you imagine Peters opening up holes for TH or WM? There'll be LBs crapping in their pants at the sight of a 340lb FB headed their way!

The_Philster
06-10-2004, 03:25 PM
I'm all for bringing him at least to get a physical...see how healthy he is. :idunno:
Originally posted by Ebenezer
...and the people who screamed end of the world last year when he signed with NE...where are they??
I was at work :mad: