PDA

View Full Version : RJ got injuried.

TacklingDummy
10-27-2002, 03:52 PM
Yes Rob could not make it thru a complete game again. OH and he got sacked 6 times. LMAO

And I started him in fantasy football. Looks like Lord has got his 1st win.

Congrats Lord:cheers:

SoCalBillsFan
10-27-2002, 03:57 PM
:lol:

ublinkwescore
10-27-2002, 03:58 PM
We should have kept Flutie over him. We would have been out of the playoffs one less year at least.

4thAndLong
10-27-2002, 04:00 PM
No we wouldn't.

If we have Flutie we dont get Drew, we dont get Mike Williams, dont get Reed, dont get Wire, dont get Ahanotu, dont get Fletcher...List goes on.

StillLurkin
10-27-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by 4thAndLong
No we wouldn't.

If we have Flutie we dont get Drew, we dont get Mike Williams, dont get Reed, dont get Wire, dont get Ahanotu, dont get Fletcher...List goes on.

aint it crazy how thing work themselves out?

shawn
10-27-2002, 06:37 PM
They both suck.

Shiny Chicken
10-27-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by shawn
They both suck.

well said :D

Sabre Ally
10-27-2002, 09:05 PM
he didn't suck bad enough........i picked Carolina in all my pools :sadwalk:

Scott
10-28-2002, 06:16 AM
Actually if you had seen the game you would have saw that he did not play bad at all. (well on second thought you would never agree TD). He did what the backup QB is supposed to do, did not lose the game.
The Bucs oline was terrible and the running game produced a whopping 54 yards. Bucs were missing McCardell and Jurevious was injured right after half time.
There was one sack where Rucker had his hands on RJ's jersey before he even got out from under center.
He made one mistake when he tried to force a ball into coverage late in the game.
His injury was a pulled a$$ muscle on the 3rd to last play of the game.

Dozerdog
10-28-2002, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Scott

I thought it was a brain cramp...... same thing I guess

Gunzlingr
10-28-2002, 10:24 AM
:lol: RJ might as well packed up and move in with Ryan Leaf.

Judge
10-28-2002, 11:12 AM
Actually if you had seen the game you would have saw that he did not play bad at all. (well on second thought you would never agree TD). He did what the backup QB is supposed to do, did not lose the game.
The Bucs oline was terrible and the running game produced a whopping 54 yards. Bucs were missing McCardell and Jurevious was injured right after half time.
There was one sack where Rucker had his hands on RJ's jersey before he even got out from under center.
He made one mistake when he tried to force a ball into coverage late in the game.

Ridiculous.

RJ sucked. He averaged less than 6 yards per pass attempt. He turned the ball over twice, and he got sacked 5 times. But, like always, it's the fault of his teammates, right?

Lori
10-28-2002, 11:31 AM
But.... but..... the Bucs won the game.

And that's all that matters, right? Hey, RJ is 1-0 as Tampa's starter. HE JUST WINS !!!
:biggrin:

GOD, am I glad they're both gone.

Scott
10-28-2002, 11:53 AM
Well Judge, last I checked this was a team game.
Gruden did not seem to think the sacks were RJ's fault, but what does he know.
He could have tossed three td's and 300 yards and know it all's like you would find fault with the performance.
I am merely passing along my opinion of a game that I watched, I don't expect any of you to agree. I did not start the thread.

Judge
10-28-2002, 11:55 AM
Well Judge, last I checked this was a team game.
Gruden did not seem to think the sacks were RJ's fault, but what does he know.
He could have tossed three td's and 300 yards and know it all's like you would find fault with the performance.
I am merely passing along my opinion of a game that I watched, I don't expect any of you to agree. I did not start the thread.

I'm not stopping you- keep watching RJ stumpble through hideous football and the Bucs, while we enjoy watching how a QB who knows what he's doing plays the game in Buffalo!

TacklingDummy
10-28-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Lori

And that's all that matters, right? Hey, RJ is 1-0 as Tampa's starter. HE JUST WINS !!!
:biggrin:

Actually Shaun King finished the game setting up the last FG. So the win goes to King and the Bucs.:rolleyes:

TacklingDummy
10-28-2002, 12:01 PM

I wish he did. I started him in 2 fantasy leagues. I thought he would do well against Carolina.

I should of stayed with my RJ sucks opinion.

Scott
10-28-2002, 12:02 PM
I am not suggesting he is better than Drew, however there are way to many bitter Bills fans that would love to see the guy get hit by a bus.
I just don't understand why Bills fans get so much joy over slamming the guy.
I don't notice anyone tracking Cowarts performance, he was paid alot and was often hurt.

Cntrygal
10-28-2002, 12:07 PM
Actually.... articles have been posted about Cowart, they just tend to fall faster. Noone spends alot of time defending him.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2002, 12:09 PM
If you lived thru 4 years of RJ you would understand.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2002, 12:12 PM

I don't notice anyone tracking Cowarts performance, he was paid alot and was often hurt.

How can Bills fans complain about Cowart? When he did play he played like a Pro-Bowler. And he went to the Jets to get paid like one.

RJ never played good 2 games in a row. And was payed like he was great.

Scott
10-28-2002, 03:57 PM
Well I guess he fooled some pretty smart football guys like Gruden. If only they would have logged on to Billszone first, the Judge and TDRJ could have told him how much RJ sucked and saved them the trouble of signing the guy.
I guess this is enough of fighting this losing battle, I got no where last year why would that change this year.
Just do not understand where all the animocity comes from. He is not the first or last underachiever that will ever play for the Bills. Y

TacklingDummy
10-28-2002, 04:08 PM
Things look good this year. We got rid of the Offensive Cancer (RJ) and now we have a great offense.

And Bledsoe/RJ basically played with the same offensive players. Moulds,Price,Henry,Jay R, R. Brown, Jennings, Sullivan, M. Price, Centers.

Only ones that are different is M. Williams, who has missed the last 2 games and Teague who is playing his first year at center.

ArcticWildMan
10-28-2002, 04:41 PM
All I'll say Scott, is that you are beating a dead horse trying to defend RJ on this board. He made millions for nothing more than his so called potential. He couldn't go more than 2-3 games without even getting hurt. Look at yesterday!!! He couldn't even make it through that game for christs sake!!

:deadhorse:

Scott
10-29-2002, 06:07 AM
I do feel a bit like General Custer here. I guess in the mind of many Bills fans someone has to be the scapegoat.
If it makes you feel better, have at it!

Ð
10-29-2002, 06:22 AM
Gruden wasn't fooled. He just has nobody available that's better.

Judge
10-29-2002, 07:52 AM
Well I guess he fooled some pretty smart football guys like Gruden. If only they would have logged on to Billszone first, the Judge and TDRJ could have told him how much RJ sucked and saved them the trouble of signing the guy.
I guess this is enough of fighting this losing battle, I got no where last year why would that change this year.
Just do not understand where all the animocity comes from. He is not the first or last underachiever that will ever play for the Bills. Y

You're mixing apples and oranges. Gruden's paying him essentially the veteran minimum. Butler gave him a $25 million deal over 5 years.

You get nowhere because you fail to recignize what a flop RJ was, and without explanation defend the guy. Are you his cousin or something?

Try to understand the difference. If you can't, let me know- I'll explain it in more simple terms for you.

Scott
10-29-2002, 12:03 PM
I agree that RJ did not earn the contract that he signed, I agree that he was not worth a 1st & 4th round pick.
HOWEVER, there are a good number of Bills fans that blame him for the teams crappy year in 2001. THAT I disagree with.
Regardless we are in a better position now with Drew, that is the other thing that baffles me. Why do any Bills fans care what RJ does now?