PDA

View Full Version : Pucillo getting most snaps at LG.

ScottLawrence
06-10-2004, 04:13 PM
Tucker Dinged; Pucillo Gets Reps: The Simon & Brinson Show on Empire reports that guard Ross Tucker was helped off the field today during the organized team activity workout. Jonas Jennings was on the air with them later and said he thinks Tucker is ok. He appeared to have his ankle rolled up on. The Bills were missing two other members of the offensive line today as Trey Teague and Mike Williams were not in attendance today. Pat Williams was absent as well. Mike Pucillo took the majority of the snaps at left guard and Jennings indicated he is developing a chemistry with Pucillo who may be moving into the inside track for the starting job.

IMO, I thought Pucillo was the worst player on the team who started last year.... and unless he drastically improved over the offseason he shouldn't be starting come September.

Michael82
06-10-2004, 04:16 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :mad:

:puke:

tomdonahoe
06-10-2004, 04:21 PM
Can't be right. The revolving door got plenty of oppurtunity to prove himself last year. I like Sullivan at the spot personally and then Tucker and then Brian Moorman and then a folding chair and then Pucillo.

Tatonka
06-10-2004, 04:21 PM
well.. if pucillo is on drews blind side..

with the way that drew holds the ball..

you can count on seeing jp losman.. due to injury and a losing season.

The_Philster
06-10-2004, 04:25 PM
Oh God no
WTF happened to Sullivan?

tomdonahoe
06-10-2004, 04:25 PM
This is the one topic that every single person in the zone agrees with. Amazing!

casdhf
06-10-2004, 04:26 PM
I don't think that one guard is going to make or break our season. Just because he got starting reps today, doesnt mean he will tomorrow. I thought LG was an open audition?

Ebenezer
06-10-2004, 04:29 PM
Just stop the insanity...

Kramer
06-10-2004, 04:46 PM
If Pukecillo starts then we are in for a long long season.

Mad Bomber
06-10-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by tomdonahoe
I like Sullivan at the spot personally and then Tucker and then Brian Moorman and then a folding chair and then Pucillo.

:rofl:

Pussywillow is the WORST! At least an opposing lineman might trip over a folding chair...

bills_7
06-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by tomdonahoe
This is the one topic that every single person in the zone agrees with. Amazing!

Pucillo is an italian stallian, i like him he should start this yr!

:jk:

Michael82
06-10-2004, 05:15 PM
Oh great, then maybe Pucillo can pad his sack stats again. I remember he helped sack Drew at least 2-3 times last year. :mad:

:shakeno:

The_Philster
06-10-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
I don't think that one guard is going to make or break our season. Just because he got starting reps today, doesnt mean he will tomorrow. I thought LG was an open audition?
Pucillo should have gotten an open audition in the unemployment line...or maybe for a job with the Fish. :snicker:

Tatonka
06-10-2004, 08:53 PM
if this is true.. mcnally will have his biggest test in history.

The Spaz
06-10-2004, 08:54 PM
Mike Pucillo's Draft Profile.

Positives: Intelligent lineman who compensates for a lack of an athletic physique with sound technical skills … Has effective linear speed … Shows good hand placement and takes excellent blocking angles with surprising quickness, despite his frame … Dominates defenders with his lateral agility, showing suddenness to reach and zone … Knows how to sink his hips to maintain balance … Shows good explosion coming off the snap … Makes blocks based on very good use of his hands … Takes advantage of leverage to make up for a lack of brute strength … Can pull and connect on the move, using his techniques to defeat and control opponents.
Negatives: Needs to dedicate himself more in the weight room … Very weak in the lower-body region … Has a tendency to put his head down, which causes him to lose balance … Struggles in pass protection when he stands too upright and must remember to keep his hips down low to be effective in this area … Marginal, at best, as an incline blocker … Has good awareness on the field, but this gets lost in his lack of lower-body strength, as a strong power surge can send him back on his heels.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2002/profiles/pucillo_mike.htm

Dozerdog
06-10-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Mike Pucillo's Draft Profile.

Positives: :idunno:

Negatives: SUCKS!!!

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2002/profiles/pucillo_mike.htm

The Spaz
06-10-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

:rofl:

I just thought there may be some room for improvement but I guess not.:snicker:

Tatonka
06-10-2004, 11:23 PM
there is room for improvement.. like drew.. he couldnt be worse than last year..

B-DON
06-11-2004, 02:43 AM
exactly worry about drew before one o-lineman getting more snaps one day at practice

Throne Logic
06-11-2004, 07:13 AM
But it sure would be one hell of a turn-around success story for McN's resume. If he makes Pucillo into a solid starter, he'll solidify himself as the best OL coach this league has ever seen.

CWOUSARET
06-11-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by ScottLawrence

IMO, I thought Pucillo was the worst player on the team who started last year.... and unless he drastically improved over the offseason he shouldn't be starting come September.

agreed

Kramer
06-11-2004, 09:36 AM
The refs should credit Pucillo with 1/2 sack each time he does a "lookout" block for Drew. He would be the 1st OL man in history to have a sack total like a DE! And he would break Michael Strahan's sack record by game 6.

The_Philster
06-11-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Kramer
The refs should credit Pucillo with 1/2 sack each time he does a "lookout" block for Drew. He would be the 1st OL man in history to have a sack total like a DE! And he would break Michael Strahan's sack record by game 6.
:spit:

Originally posted by Throne Logic
But it sure would be one hell of a turn-around success story for McN's resume. If he makes Pucillo into a solid starter, he'll solidify himself as the best OL coach this league has ever seen.

After he does that, we'll ask him to turn water into wine or to part Lake Erie. :up:

Novacane
06-11-2004, 05:05 PM
If he's getting the snaps ahead of Sullivan the Bills coachs must think he's better than Sullivan. :idunno:

buffmaniac
06-11-2004, 05:28 PM
I trust McNally. He knows how to put together an OL. By the time the season comes around, he will know who is best fit at every position. And if that means Pucillo at LG, I just have to trust that McNally knows what he is doing. His past success speaks for itself.

ShadowHawk7
06-11-2004, 05:57 PM
Well put Buff.

John Doe
06-11-2004, 06:29 PM
Mike Pucillo took the majority of the snaps at left guard and Jennings indicated he is developing a chemistry with Pucillo who may be moving into the inside track for the starting job.

What a crock. You win the job in training camp, not in the voluntary work-outs.

Having said that, there is reason to think that Pucillo can improve - it will only be his third season.

The_Philster
06-11-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by John Doe
Having said that, there is reason to think that Pucillo can improve Of course...cause he certainly couldn't get any worse. :idunno:

mypoorfriendme
06-11-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by buffmaniac
I trust McNally. He knows how to put together an OL. By the time the season comes around, he will know who is best fit at every position. And if that means Pucillo at LG, I just have to trust that McNally knows what he is doing. His past success speaks for itself.

exactly...although you would THINK sullivan is a better fit, its not like the coaches are trying to sabatoge our success

finsrclowns
06-11-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme

exactly...although you would THINK sullivan is a better fit, its not like the coaches are trying to sabatoge our success

That's what I thought last year but....:unknown:

G. Host
06-11-2004, 10:29 PM
"Sulking" Sullivan is an unmotivated player who has fed BS by agent that he is a better tackle than guard and he should resist attempts to be made a guard so he can earn tackle money.

I hope he is traded to a team desperate for a tackle before season starts.