Sullivan.

The Spaz
06-10-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
Sullivan.

So you think Jennigs won't re-sign?

Tatonka
06-10-2004, 09:03 PM
i dont know that for sure.. i hope he does.. but i dont think TD will pay a fortune for him.. not when sully played LT pretty well last year at the end. and has been moved back to LT (according to Jennings on that radio show today). sully is cheap and signed for 3 years.

maybe williams moves over and sully takes rt.. who knows.. hopefully jennings stays..

but sully just doesnt seem to be a guard apparently. he is a much better physical specimen than pucillo or tucker.. he should have the job locked down by now.

The Spaz
06-10-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i dont know that for sure.. i hope he does.. but i dont think TD will pay a fortune for him.. not when sully played LT pretty well last year at the end. and has been moved back to LT (according to Jennings on that radio show today). sully is cheap and signed for 3 years.

maybe williams moves over and sully takes rt.. who knows.. hopefully jennings stays..

but sully just doesnt seem to be a guard apparently. he is a much better physical specimen than pucillo or tucker.. he should have the job locked down by now.

I agree it's just seems weird that the best players will play and yet Sullivan is taking backup LT snaps and no LG apparently (at least so far).

G. Host
06-11-2004, 11:18 PM
ARRRGGGGGGG!!!!!

Sulking Sullivan as OT is rewarding a guy for sitting on the bench rather than playing.

I hope not!

Tatonka
06-12-2004, 12:14 AM
maybe he is just not cut out to be a guard.

he has played well at tackle every time he has been given the chance.

tomdonahoe
06-12-2004, 01:10 AM
I think they must sign Jennings. LT could almost be considered a skill position.

The_Philster
06-12-2004, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by G. Host
ARRRGGGGGGG!!!!!

Sulking Sullivan as OT is rewarding a guy for sitting on the bench rather than playing.

I hope not! he chose to get benched in favor of Pucillo? :huh:

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-12-2004, 06:04 AM
I'll say it is Mike Williams.

Tatonka
06-12-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
I'll say it is Mike Williams.

that is a possibility... and sully could be a RT.. or price could be a RT.

DraftBoy
06-12-2004, 10:47 AM
Mike was a LT in college could be likely he gets moved back over there is there is marked improvement in his game.

The Spaz
06-12-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Mike was a LT in college could be likely he gets moved back over there is there is marked improvement in his game.

Mike Williams was a RT in college too because Chris Simms was left handed he protected his blind side.

Kramer
06-12-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz

Mike Williams was a RT in college too because Chris Simms was left handed he protected his blind side.

You are correct. Mike was NEVER a LT in college. He protected the southpaw's blind side.

finsrclowns
06-12-2004, 02:09 PM
If Sully is the LT the over/under on sacks is 60.

G. Host
06-12-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
he chose to get benched in favor of Pucillo? :huh:

Yep. He told coaches he'd rather be #4 OT rather than starting guard because he had "long arms". I remember hearing an interview with him and thinking "How many teams want their 5th round pick protecting their QB?"

The_Philster
06-12-2004, 08:41 PM
Yep. He told coaches he'd rather be #4 OT rather than starting guard because he had "long arms". I remember hearing an interview with him and thinking "How many teams want their 5th round pick protecting their QB?"

got a link? I know that Gregg-head said something to that effect but it would hardly be the first time he lied.

G. Host
06-12-2004, 08:45 PM
No it was a radio interview after camp. It was after he "lost" the starting guard position and he said he did not want to be a guard anyways. I would have been in August last year during preseason, I think after Ravens game, I have been calling him "sulky" ever since.

The_Philster
06-12-2004, 08:52 PM
Well..I don't know the guy's mindset but putting myself in his shoes, I can imagine why he was upset and down...getting benched for a guy who actually helped opposing DTs sack Drew?

WagonCircler
06-12-2004, 09:21 PM
Jennings will absolutely sign. I wouldn't be shocked to see him eventually swap with Big Mike, but I don't think he's going anywhere.

juice
06-12-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by WagonCircler
Jennings will absolutely sign. I wouldn't be shocked to see him eventually swap with Big Mike, but I don't think he's going anywhere.

JJ can make more $ if he performs this year and test the FA market... I cant say absolutely he will be back.. If the Line struggles then he is gone.

Halbert
06-12-2004, 10:10 PM
Yep. He told coaches he'd rather be #4 OT rather than starting guard because he had "long arms"
Yep, I remember that too. I believe that's why he was in Gregg's doghouse because he wanted to stay at tackle.

juice
06-12-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Halbert
Yep, I remember that too. I believe that's why he was in Gregg's doghouse because he wanted to stay at tackle.

And should have been kept at tackle... The line was just starting to Jell at the end of the season... Then those Gregheads started experimenting.