PDA

View Full Version : Dude....................SWEET!

lordofgun
06-11-2004, 12:17 AM
I only have DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket (in other words, I get no programming through DTV except Sunday Ticket)

I just realized tonight that I get NFL Network included with the Sunday Ticket. :up:

So I can get NFL network all year without having to switch everything to DTV.

lordofgun
06-11-2004, 12:19 AM
BTW...Wyche is on in 2 minutes. :D

Tatonka
06-11-2004, 12:48 AM
your a quick one.

lordofgun
06-11-2004, 01:11 AM
you're

Jeff1220
06-11-2004, 05:28 AM
I have a DTV package and wanted to switch to just the ticket/NFLE combo when my contract is up in August. I called about it 2 days ago and they wouldn't let me. They said it's something they can't do anymore, but those who already have it are allowed to keep it. :mad:

chernobylwraiths
06-11-2004, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Jeff1220
I have a DTV package and wanted to switch to just the ticket/NFLE combo when my contract is up in August. I called about it 2 days ago and they wouldn't let me. They said it's something they can't do anymore, but those who already have it are allowed to keep it. :mad:

Damn, when I saw the original post I wanted to ask how much, but I guess that is pointless now. I didn't know you could do that.

ryjam282
06-11-2004, 06:29 AM

You can do that still. They don't want you too but you are still allowed. I have had it for just the Ticket for a few years now and 2 of my friends just recently got there service cancelled and got only the Ticket just a few weeks ago. If you ***** to them enough they will do it. Just tell them they are about to lose a good customer and try to get on with one of the managers, they will do it. TRUST ME :oj:

They just want more money out of you that is why they say they can't....Ask them why they can't and they will have no excuse, so don't worry.

Jeff1220
06-11-2004, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by ryjam282

You can do that still. They don't want you too but you are still allowed. I have had it for just the Ticket for a few years now and 2 of my friends just recently got there service cancelled and got only the Ticket just a few weeks ago. If you ***** to them enough they will do it. Just tell them they are about to lose a good customer and try to get on with one of the managers, they will do it. TRUST ME :oj:

They just want more money out of you that is why they say they can't....Ask them why they can't and they will have no excuse, so don't worry.

I told them that they'll either lose all of my busuness, or all except the football stuff, it's their choice. They sounded pretty indifferent. Maybe their attitude will change when it is the actual cancellation call.

The Spaz
06-11-2004, 07:29 AM
I told them that they'll either lose all of my busuness, or all except the football stuff, it's their choice. They sounded pretty indifferent. Maybe their attitude will change when it is the actual cancellation call.

The thing is that they're so big now that it won't seem like a big deal to lost a customer. Yes they would like to keep you but they probably won't bend over backwards for you either especially if they did happen to make a new policy.

Tatonka
06-11-2004, 07:29 AM
just ask to speak to the manager. let them know that you know several people who have just done it. then ask them if it is a racial thing.

should work like a charm.

:D
Originally posted by lordofgun
you're

:snicker:

Tatonka
06-11-2004, 07:31 AM
or tell them your a reporter for cnn, and you are doing an article on just getting the nfl ticket and nfl network... tell them you want documentation for your article to back up what they are saying.

Tatonka
06-11-2004, 07:32 AM
or tell them your going to kill every person in their family, while they are tied to a chair and have to watch. that normally works.

:ontome:

carybillsfan
06-11-2004, 08:22 AM
They have to allow any person who wants just the NFL sunday ticket to do so. It was written in to their exclusive rights contract signed last year. This is the main reason the NFL will not allow cable companies to show NFL sunday ticket, because in theory anyone can get it, and only it if they want, from directv.

BidsJr
06-11-2004, 08:49 AM
Cable companies in canada are allowed NFL Ticket.........

But only because there is no D-TV

lordofgun
06-11-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by carybillsfan
They have to allow any person who wants just the NFL sunday ticket to do so. It was written in to their exclusive rights contract signed last year. This is the main reason the NFL will not allow cable companies to show NFL sunday ticket, because in theory anyone can get it, and only it if they want, from directv.

Exactly. Demand to speak to a manager if they tell you that you can't.

Also, a little secret...if you want to switch to something other that DirecTV and your 1-year service agreement isn't up, you won't be charged the $150 or whatever the early cancellation fee is as long as you have Sunday Ticket through the first year. Their computer system isn't set up well for SundayTicket ONLY customers. :snicker:

Anyone who wants can buy a cheapo DTV system on Ebay and then just get the ticket...easy!

lordofgun
06-11-2004, 10:00 AM

Tell them they have to because it's in their agreement with the NFL. :up:

chernobylwraiths
06-11-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun

Tell them they have to because it's in their agreement with the NFL. :up:

So, how much is it per year for Sunday ticket only?

lordofgun
06-11-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
So, how much is it per year for Sunday ticket only?

I believe it's $199.

Iehoshua
06-11-2004, 11:19 AM
I have my DTV dish for only the NFL Sunday Ticket purpose. I don't get any other package nor was I told I had to. I am glad to hear the NFL Channel will (or should be) part of the deal.

lordofgun
06-11-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Darth Buffalo
I have my DTV dish for only the NFL Sunday Ticket purpose. I don't get any other package nor was I told I had to. I am glad to hear the NFL Channel will (or should be) part of the deal.

Channel 212. :up:

B-DON
06-11-2004, 02:27 PM
i like tonks ideas especially the 3rd one