PDA

View Full Version : So far, so good for McGahee and his knee

The Spaz
06-11-2004, 08:47 AM
Wondering about Willis McGahee, are you? Curious as to how that reconstructed knee's coming along? I hear you.
So Thursday I attended the Buffalo Bills voluntary organized team activity alongside the field house. What do you know? Almost everyone showed and a practice broke out.

I watched McGahee join his teammates in an extended round of stretching. There wasn't a grimace to be seen. Quite the opposite. I'm pretty sure the man cracked a few smiles while folding himself like a lawn chair.

My eyes never left McGahee's legs once the running backs gathered to dart over and around a series of obstacles. The rumored hitch in his gait? If that's a hitch then Maurice Greene limps his way through the 100. You'd love to move forward as quickly as McGahee goes sideways.

I thought that maybe I was on to something when McGahee knelt upon his right knee during a rest on the sidelines. Why the right knee instead of the surgically repaired left? Could he be hiding something? Is this a sign of discomfort?

But then I noticed Travis Henry on his right knee. And Antonio Brown on his right knee. False alarm.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040611/1043546.asp

The Spaz
06-11-2004, 09:21 AM
Good to hear!:up::beers:

Kramer
06-11-2004, 09:27 AM
How was his overall speed and cutting ability?

zone
06-11-2004, 09:37 AM
This is the part I don't like about the article, yea it's just practice, but bad pratice = bad habits in games. Hopefully it's just a situational thing and not a case of the drops.

Meanwhile, in other developments, Eric Moulds dropped two passes Thursday, equaling his yearly quota. What's a Bills fan without something to worry about?

The Spaz
06-11-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by zone
This is the part I don't like about the article, yea it's just practice, but bad pratice = bad habits in games. Hopefully it's just a situational thing and not a case of the drops.

Meanwhile, in other developments, Eric Moulds dropped two passes Thursday, equaling his yearly quota. What's a Bills fan without something to worry about?

Lol I'm not worried about that I/m pretty sure it was said as a joke for the fans to move onto something else to talk about.

zone
06-11-2004, 10:20 AM
nice...

how bad would that suck if all of the sudden moulds just couldn't catch.... ohh man could you imagine.

mypoorfriendme
06-11-2004, 10:28 AM
willis is the man, and im sure he will prove it in his playing time this year. heres hoping he doesnt get injured, even if its not his knee

elltrain22
06-11-2004, 11:09 AM
:jawdrop:

DraftBoy
06-11-2004, 12:34 PM
This is the best part of the article for me:

"Most people, when they have major knee surgery, they worry about if they cut wrong what's going to happen," McGahee said. "I don't worry about none of that. I just go out there and go. If it happens it happens. You can't stop it."

That says alot

juice
06-11-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Kramer
How was his overall speed and cutting ability?

He looked a little timid doing the Weaves through the bags in 6-10 OTA.. that may very well be by design, making sure no setbacks happen.

As far as speed knowone looks to be pushing over 80%... that makes sense, there have already been teams suffering injuries in the Pre-season.

The Spaz
06-11-2004, 12:43 PM
He wasn't wearing any sortof knee brace or wrap yesterday so that's a good sign as well.

B-DON
06-11-2004, 01:40 PM
good news. thanks spaz

The Spaz
06-11-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by B-DON
good news. thanks spaz

:up::beers:

SABURZFAN
06-12-2004, 06:19 PM
i'm excited about having henry and mcgahee in the backfield at the same time.:up: